Inspire 1 or 2?
1944 38 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Hey guys,

Im going to buy an inspire. Just dont know if I1 or I2 is a better deal. Im concerned with all of I2's issues. The reported I2 range issue is a worry.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Cheers

Mike
2018-2-17
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

Issues aside--remember, discussion forums tend to concentrate problems (that is one of the reasons for the forum)--what is it you want to do with the drone--this should drive your decision?
There is a lot of information out about the differences between the models--that should drive your decision.

I have had my Inspire 2 for 5 months--Zero issues.  Moved up from a Mavic Air--why--wanted better stability in high winds.
Why the Inspire 2 over the Inspire 1?  that was a more involved decision--both would meet my needs, but I decided I wanted the most current generation technology when I purchased--and the longer flight times.
2018-2-17
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Orind Posted at 2018-2-17 07:28
Issues aside--remember, discussion forums tend to concentrate problems (that is one of the reasons for the forum)--what is it you want to do with the drone--this should drive your decision?
There is a lot of information out about the differences between the models--that should drive your decision.

Thanks for the info.

Both would probably meet my needs, and I am driven to stay with something most current. What I don't wish is to buy a box of expensive problems.

I assume you don't have the twisting landing gear issues?

Issues Im most concerned about are;

Loose Props - Vibration rolling shutter..
Battery issues - Dropping out of the sky, detent clip not holding...
Landing gear / motor mount twisting

Do you think DJI has solved these issues?

Cheers
2018-2-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Id look at the price too, and what your goal with it is. if a hobby flier the I1 with X3 more than enough, or even get the X5 for better stills and pics, the I2 is still pretty costly and high up there for just hobby flying, but if goal is a business making money then price dont matter.
me id go I1 just the simple fact on price points, but then again i fly hobby, and dont need the I2 with the sensors, and dual batts at $300ish a pair, and last i checked a good kit is $3,000-5,000USD
2018-2-17
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-17 07:37
Id look at the price too, and what your goal with it is. if a hobby flier the I1 with X3 more than enough, or even get the X5 for better stills and pics, the I2 is still pretty costly and high up there for just hobby flying, but if goal is a business making money then price dont matter.
me id go I1 just the simple fact on price points, but then again i fly hobby, and dont need the I2 with the sensors, and dual batts at $300ish a pair, and last i checked a good kit is $3,000-5,000USD

I hear you on the I1.

My concern with this one is that DJI will stop supporting it as fast as the P2. I don't think you can even buy a battery for a P2 now. I bought my P2 H3D3 3 and a half years ago and its toast now as DJI is not long offering things like batteries for it.

Don't want to get caught up in that again.

Cheers

Mike
2018-2-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-17 07:41
I hear you on the I1.

My concern with this one is that DJI will stop supporting it as fast as the P2. I don't think you can even buy a battery for a P2 now. I bought my P2 H3D3 3 and a half years ago and its toast now as DJI is not long offering things like batteries for it.

yea the I1 battery are no longer on DJI website store, but other suppliers still offer them. im just saying though can find a nice used i1 kit 1,000-2,500 or get the i2 for double. even buying new i2 i think you at 5k plus
2018-2-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

but again my opinion is simply as a hobby flier, i dont do this to make money, so my I1 with the Z3 is perfect for me
2018-2-17
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-17 07:44
yea the I1 battery are no longer on DJI website store, but other suppliers still offer them. im just saying though can find a nice used i1 kit 1,000-2,500 or get the i2 for double. even buying new i2 i think you at 5k plus

Im in Canada and have found the following for brand new price. Both with cams.

Inspire 1 - unit with 2 extra batteries - 2500.00

Inspire 2 - unit with 2 extra batteries - 4300.00

Im not price driven really, however less problems are better That seems to be wher im focused.
2018-2-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-17 07:48

Mike
I sent you a PM.... have a look and let me know what you think
Rich
2018-2-17
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got the I2. Haven't had a single problem except an issue with a tree. Definitely operator error. You might consider the DJI Care Refresh. I'm glad I had it.

I agree with what everyone has said here. Look at the specs and figure out what you need. I do aerial photography and video. The I2 was a no-brainer.  Orind is definitely right: Forums identify and magnify issues. These are real issues, but I2's aren't all falling out of the skies.
2018-2-17
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Mims Posted at 2018-2-17 09:32
I've got the I2. Haven't had a single problem except an issue with a tree. Definitely operator error. You might consider the DJI Care Refresh. I'm glad I had it.

I agree with what everyone has said here. Look at the specs and figure out what you need. I do aerial photography and video. The I2 was a no-brainer.  Orind is definitely right: Forums identify and magnify issues. These are real issues, but I2's aren't all falling out of the skies.

Ok Thanks for the info.

At this point, I am leaning towards the I2

What type of range is everyone getting in North America?

Has the prop problem been acknowledged and solved by DJI?

Cheers
2018-2-17
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Without going into any detail, you should buy the inspire 1 Pro x5 raw. You can get one incredibly cheap rite now.....
2018-2-17
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Arab Emirates

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-17 13:19
Ok Thanks for the info.

DJI haven't even acknowledged any of the well documented issues with the I2. If I knew then what I know now then there is no way I would have bought an I2.

It is an incredibly good drone but has way too many inherent issues, notwithstanding the horrible wobbly props and poor quality control.

DJI just have their head stuck in the sand and have no intention to supporting the pro level drones. All their efforts remain on the cash cows such as the spark and mavic air.

My honest advice is either wait until DJI acknowledge the issues and put a fix in place or try to find a good used I2 which you can test fly before buying.

My I2 has around 3 hours on it and shakes like a crapping dog. DJI won't acknowledge the issues and just tell me to calibrate the IMU and try a different set of propellers. Personally I think DJI can't/won't fix the issues and we have to wait for the I3 where hopefully it'll at least fly straight!!

If you do decide to buy a new I2 then do yourself a favour and buy the Care Refresh because then at least it won't be as painful for the wallet if the thing does fall out of the sky because the motors have fallen off!
2018-2-17
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-17 13:19
Ok Thanks for the info.

Hey if you're considering the inspire 1 get the v2, it generates 20-30% less vibration on it's chassis, I've used both and it is noticable. You can see the video that tested the vibrations of the v1 and v2 on youtube.
Also z3 is buggy with the v1 inspire, could be due to ncore or gimbal connector.

The inspire 1v2 is better for industrial because of the zoom and thermal camera.

The inspire 2 is better for cinema due to its dual camera operation and x7 option.

In terms of issues, the inspire 1 is more reliable like bullet proof reliable now.
The i2 even though has 2 batteries has had brick crashes from power error. And it has crashed from the legs coming off and the motors coming off when the glue fails on the screw. The rate of how quickly the glue deteriorates depends on the environment and usage. So for safety it's recommended to have periodical glue maintenance by a certified dji tech on the inspire 2 depending how often and heavily it is used.

They won't be releasing a zoom or thermal for the inspire 2. And you can expect the new inspire 3 late this year or early next year.
2018-2-17
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Wow,

Motors are indeed falling off. Holy smokes.

DJI not coming out with an immediate fix is a concern.

More stuff to consider. Dang, I really wanted the larger sensor on the x4s
2018-2-18
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-17 07:48

is that I2 price with camera though? ive heard camera not included and needs to be added
2018-2-18
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-18 04:54
is that I2 price with camera though? ive heard camera not included and needs to be added

Yes - The x4s

$3856.00 with camera x4s

$3156.00 without cam

$5457.00 with x5s

2018-2-18
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-18 04:14
Wow,

Motors are indeed falling off. Holy smokes.

The x4s is the exact same sensor/camera from the P4P. If you want the x4s camera then just by a P4P. An inspire 2 purchase with x4s camera would make no sense unless you put the x5s as a minimum.
2018-2-18
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-18 10:00
The x4s is the exact same sensor/camera from the P4P. If you want the x4s camera then just by a P4P. An inspire 2 purchase with x4s camera would make no sense unless you put the x5s as a minimum.

P4p fly as smooth as the inspire 2?

All the phantoms I have flown have a very twitchy yaw. Not smooth at all.
2018-2-18
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

Doesn't make sense at all  to buy either of these crafts at this point.

Inspire 1 - Out of production, Batteries and parts are already starting to get hard to find, its only going to get worse in the next two year. This is frustrating as its law in Canada that for 7 years after the last one is sold, the manufacturer must provide ALL parts and service.

Inspire 2 - Its got some issues that a high dollar unit shouldn't have and DJI is not acknowledging them. Soon to be replaced. Doesn't sound like a good investment.

Anyone disagree? Convince me.
2018-2-18
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-18 11:38

Inspire 1 - Out of production, Batteries and parts are already starting to get hard to find, its only going to get worse in the next two year. This is frustrating as its law in Canada that for 7 years after the last one is sold, the manufacturer must provide ALL parts and service.

You're gonna have to buy one if you wanna fly a drone though.

If you wait for the inspire 3, you may be surprised when it disappoints you.

Don't wait for a heavenly drone haha, that may never happen.

Seek and follow Jesus Christ, ask him to help you to have joy and appreciate the small and simple things like children do.
2018-2-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a hobbyist I chose Inspire 1 and that is all I do with it is fly it as a hobby.  Probably I2 if you are using it for work.
2018-2-18
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-18 10:14
P4p fly as smooth as the inspire 2?

All the phantoms I have flown have a very twitchy yaw. Not smooth at all.

I have both and the P4P flies beautifully. Much more stable and reliable that my I2 at this point. You can adjust the gains in the app to make the drone handle exactly as you wish.

The I2 and x4s makes no sense. Huge price difference over P4P with very little (if any) real benefit for 99% of folk.
2018-2-19
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-18 11:38

I certainly wouldn't buy another I2. No way on this earth would I! Judging my DJIs shocking quality control this past year I highly doubt any I3 would be any better. Yeah maybe functionally a step into the future but reliability etc I doubt any better.
2018-2-19
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

dan_vector Posted at 2018-2-19 08:28
I have both and the P4P flies beautifully. Much more stable and reliable that my I2 at this point. You can adjust the gains in the app to make the drone handle exactly as you wish.

The I2 and x4s makes no sense. Huge price difference over P4P with very little (if any) real benefit for 99% of folk.

Dan,

Thanks for the info, this is exactly what I did. I purchased a P4p this morning about an hour ago.

I will revisit the I3 concept next year.

Funny you mention gains. I did that with my P2, and yes it got better, but the reduced gain also effected the NAZA's response time for GPS corrections so the craft was very sluggish to correct itself and was useless. Im glad that gains dont effect this anymore. I hope.

Sheese, now I got em all - P1, P2, P2 H33D, P3 and now a P4.

Cheers
2018-2-19
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

fansd845e849 Posted at 2018-2-18 19:20
You're gonna have to buy one if you wanna fly a drone though.

If you wait for the inspire 3, you may be surprised when it disappoints you.

Thanks for the advice.

You say "Seek and follow Jesus Christ". I can never seem to find him. He's never around when i need him.

But rest assured if my new P4P goes out of sight, I will be making that call! Lets hope he answers! I got a feeling its going to be a collect call.

Cheers
2018-2-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-19 08:43
Thanks for the advice.

You say "Seek and follow Jesus Christ". I can never seem to find him. He's never around when i need him.

LOL!   

Your call may end up with a  "We're sorry.  The number you have dialed is no longer a working number.  Please check that number and dial again."  I just got that message this AM too, but I didn't call HIM.

Congrats on the P4 Pro.  It should be a good craft.  I have the I2 and it has had it's share of issues (Tilted sensor on X5S.) even though I waited a year to buy it and prop issues, and instability too.  The QC is really abhorrent as I returned two P4's as well right out of the box (One with another tilted sensor matter.).

Good luck!
2018-2-19
Use props
Mike Snider
lvl.2
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-19 08:58
LOL!   

Your call may end up with a  "We're sorry.  The number you have dialed is no longer a working number.  Please check that number and dial again."  I just got that message this AM too, but I didn't call HIM.

What were the reasons you returned your P4's??

Where they p4p's??

(searching directory assistance right now!!)
2018-2-19
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-19 08:35
Dan,

Thanks for the info, this is exactly what I did. I purchased a P4p this morning about an hour ago.

You made the right call.

My P4P has been flawless since day one. Enjoy yours!
2018-2-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-19 09:02

Where they p4p's??

Both returned were P4 Standards.  Tilted sensor on one where one side of photo was much sharper than the other.  The other had RC connection issues and the filter was cross-threaded on from factory and refused to come off as aluminum shards were sticking out of the threaded area so it went back too.

The third P4 was okay with minor issues (I think most anything can have some issue if one looks long enough, even my Nikons.), mostly firmware matters, and one fly-away when on Tracking mode where it lost me when camera went limp, as reported by others too, and it took off looking for me.  Luckily, I flipped it out of P-mode and got control back.

The I2 has some issue where the RC will drop the connection at times.  Green Power LED goes off and others remain on so I have to reboot it in flight to regain control as I have it set to Hover in Place in a dropped connection.  I thought about the Cendence RC as a sub, but the DJI seller reported some of those were doing it too and to hold off a while, plus documentation on full use is sort of poor currently.  Don't really trust the I2 along with the motor mount problem that DJI should recall on and secure it somehow.  The tilted sensor in the X5S was yet another matter to fix.  The I1 seems to be better debugged by now too.  QC is a serious DJI issue and seems they really don't fully test these things and leave it to us to find out some issue - imho.
2018-2-19
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

Yes.

I just wish DJI would finally grow a pair and just acknowledge the issues!
2018-2-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-17 07:44
yea the I1 battery are no longer on DJI website store, but other suppliers still offer them. im just saying though can find a nice used i1 kit 1,000-2,500 or get the i2 for double. even buying new i2 i think you at 5k plus

Found the battery on DJI website both TB47/8 they might be out of stock for now, but they are on there.
https://store.dji.com/product/intelligent-battery-tb47
2018-2-19
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Some guys just seems to have alot of problem all the time! Its probably the same guys also, they are also the ones who shout the loudest! I have had Phantom 4, inspire 1 X5, inspire 1 RAW, Phantom 4 PRO, and Inspire 2. And i have never had any problem at all! Everything just works for me. I might be lycky, i dont know, one thing I do know is that you shouldnt be scared of the new DJI products like the Inspire 2.

I would take the Inspire 2 everyday of the week infront of Inspire 1! Why buy something old wich not gona be support in the long run. In this hobby you wanna stay up to date with the technology. Thats my 2 cents!
2018-2-20
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Thailand

They don't support the I2 at all so the point about not supporting the I1 is moot.

I'm very glad that your I2 works but due to the apparent appalling DJI quality control the quality of each unit varies massively. Just look out for the motor arm glue failing and eventually falling out of the sky.

Yes you should be scared to spend $10k on a product which is flawed, unsafe and has zero manufacturer support - they can't even acknowledge there are issues to be resolved.
2018-2-20
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-19 09:02

Where they p4p's??

Jesus is the only living God because of the holy spirit, the true power of God than can heal and deliver. Few few have anointing of the holy spirit but it is real and infact you will feel it when a person has. When you experience darkness in this world, Jesus is the truth when you humbly seek him and not complain or grumble. He knows your heart's future if you are for him or not.

In terms of the p4pro it's good but plastic airframe have a high maintenance cost for often or heavy usage. Remember it is inevitable to have stress cracks eventually but they may have reinforced the plastic on the p4 pro since it is the latest.

Mavic pro2 comes out within next month as leaks say.
2018-2-21
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike Snider Posted at 2018-2-17 07:41
I hear you on the I1.

My concern with this one is that DJI will stop supporting it as fast as the P2. I don't think you can even buy a battery for a P2 now. I bought my P2 H3D3 3 and a half years ago and its toast now as DJI is not long offering things like batteries for it.

There are already aftermarket manufacturers offering them, the chinese eventually have someone else supplying.
2018-2-21
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-2-18 04:54

amazon has them with X4S for $3600
2018-2-21
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 2018-2-21 07:30
Jesus is the only living God because of the holy spirit, the true power of God than can heal and deliver. Few few have anointing of the holy spirit but it is real and infact you will feel it when a person has. When you experience darkness in this world, Jesus is the truth when you humbly seek him and not complain or grumble. He knows your heart's future if you are for him or not.

Did the Mavic get released as a Pro, right off the bat? Doesn't it do the same run around as the Phantom that is just plain PS then PA then PP, I know not exactly but I thought it was first Mavic then Mavic Pro, doesn't it stand to reason that the new model will be just Mavic 2 and the Pro comes later?
2018-2-21
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Philippines

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-21 10:57
Did the Mavic get released as a Pro, right off the bat? Doesn't it do the same run around as the Phantom that is just plain PS then PA then PP, I know not exactly but I thought it was first Mavic then Mavic Pro, doesn't it stand to reason that the new model will be just Mavic 2 and the Pro comes later?

The mavic pro is a 2016 model, platinum was the final mavic pro version last year.

Mavic pro 2 comes out next month as legit china leaks are likely accurate. It will have a camera maybe even better than p4p.

2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules