1482 12 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12707 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I purchased a DJI Spark to use during my visit to New Zealand.

It was my first flight with this Spark (I also own a Phantom II) and flying it at a Piha beach (no clouds, no wind, almost no birds - the beach is known for this and is stunningly beautiful). I was using the remote from the DJI Combo set. At take-off it recorded the home point and started flying. It had a full battery charge. I flew over the waves for about 4-5minutes and started to return it back to the sand. I was watching it come back and then looking down at my screen to check the shot. Suddenly the screen said it had lost video and within a moment that it had lost connection. I looked back to where it was and it wasn't in the sky. I looked all around me assuming it must be returning to home (still set to default height). Nothing. It wasn't in the sky.

I raised a case with the DJI Distributor in New Zealand and they contacted DJI. Apparently they cannot find any abnormality. But surely it not returning to home and disappearing from the sky is a case of it malfunctioning. Its supposed to return home if there are no faults with it - especially when it had a full battery, had been fully updated and calibrated, and was brand new. I should be entitled to a replacement.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?
2018-2-17
Use props
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I should also add - the flight distance was less than 200m.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for your loss, could you please provide us the case number which is started at CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx so that we can check more details of data analysis and make it clear for you? Thank you.
2018-2-17
Use props
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, I have sent you more information but I haven't heard back. If you are away for Chinese New Year (Happy New Year!) please let me know. Thanks
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6a76e0e2 Posted at 2018-2-22 10:03
Hi Mindy, I have sent you more information but I haven't heard back. If you are away for Chinese New Year (Happy New Year!) please let me know. Thanks

Sir, Mindy has not come back to the office at this moment. Could you leave your case number here? I'd like to help as well.
2018-2-22
Use props
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you Susan, the case number was: CAS-1367811-Q3B9M0. I have also sent you a PM with more information and a link to a video of the take off. Thanks!
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans6a76e0e2 Posted at 2018-2-23 06:10
Thank you Susan, the case number was: CAS-1367811-Q3B9M0. I have also sent you a PM with more information and a link to a video of the take off. Thanks!

Thank you for your info, I am sorry for your loss, that must be really painful for losing the drone. However,  I had checked your case, according to the flight record that you provided, the flight record interrupted and ended up without any abnormal of the drone, see the picture below, we're not able to verify what happened afterwards. And the video that you provided to us is the very beginning of the flight which was recorded by the mobile device, it might not help for determining the reason for the loss. Considering this special situation, we provided you with the best offer based on after-sales policy. If you have more details and data about the accident, we really hope you can send them back to us. We will like to provide a double check. data analysis.png
2018-2-23
Use props
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. The issue is, the fact that it does not show abnormality is in itself the problem. The problem is that it was also flying over water at the time so there was no way for me to recover it after it fell. If there were no faults, and it was still able to fly, then it should have returned home. It was flying at a height of 19m. How can it just stop flying/recording midair if there were no problems (almost full battery, clear skies, no wind, remote area with no electric signals)? Can you explain this?
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6a76e0e2 Posted at 2018-2-25 06:32
Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. The issue is, the fact that it does not show abnormality is in itself the problem. The problem is that it was also flying over water at the time so there was no way for me to recover it after it fell. If there were no faults, and it was still able to fly, then it should have returned home. It was flying at a height of 19m. How can it just stop flying/recording midair if there were no problems (almost full battery, clear skies, no wind, remote area with no electric signals)? Can you explain this?

Sorry for the late response because of the holiday, as Thor explained, the flight records got interrupted and we are unable to find out what happened afterward, we totally understand your frustration, the case will be escalated to appropriate department to see if there is any other resolution can be provided, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 00:00
Sorry for the late response because of the holiday, as Thor explained, the flight records got interrupted and we are unable to find out what happened afterward, we totally understand your frustration, the case will be escalated to appropriate department to see if there is any other resolution can be provided, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.

Thank you Mindy, I appreciate your assistance.

As I mentioned, as it was flying at the time and then suddenly disappeared (and didnt return home) this indicates there was a problem.

I am going on a trip in a couple weeks and would like to be able to use a Spark there to show off the abilities. I have all my other equipment (remote etc). I hope to hear from you soon.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6a76e0e2 Posted at 2018-3-4 05:14
Thank you Mindy, I appreciate your assistance.

As I mentioned, as it was flying at the time and then suddenly disappeared (and didnt return home) this indicates there was a problem.

I saw our supervisor has sent you several emails but got no response, may I know if you have received the email? If yes, please reply their email for further communication. Thank you.
2018-3-4
Use props
fans6a76e0e2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-4 21:08
I saw our supervisor has sent you several emails but got no response, may I know if you have received the email? If yes, please reply their email for further communication. Thank you.

Hi Mindy!

I haven't received these emails. I will send you two email address for me by Personal Message now. I would be grateful if you could please pass this onto your supervisor.

Thank you!
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6a76e0e2 Posted at 2018-3-5 02:38
Hi Mindy!

I haven't received these emails. I will send you two email address for me by Personal Message now. I would be grateful if you could please pass this onto your supervisor.

PM received with thanks, I will inform the team to contact you again. Thanks for the patience.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules