Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update broke my drone
1232 7 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef201e3b
lvl.1
Jersey

I tried to update my DJI Mavic Pro and the update failed halfway through.

I was away in Morzine for my first time snowboarding and i was very excited to get some footage with my drone.

I tried flew the drone up, jax dropped looking at the stunning mountains on my screen, to find i couldnt record? "No SD Card"

Just thought i had forgot the card. Long story short, replaced the card, formatted, tried new ones.

Didnt work.

New update came out, thought it might fix it? Nope. Couldnt get past 80% on the update, drone just turns off.

Now i have to send back to DJI but as i live on Jersey, i get charged the shipping cost.. Will take weeks to come back to me and i may have to pay for the repair at some £200 an hour or something.

Very upset.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry to read about you are experiencing difficulties and we apologize for the inconvenience caused, did you try to update the firmware via DJI Asistant 2? If it still fails, is there any error message or error code? Thank you.
2018-2-17
Use props
Elliot Coll
lvl.1
Jersey

I have tried both ways. It gets to 71% and turns off. Battery is perfectly fine and i have barley used this.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Elliot Coll Posted at 2018-2-17 23:56
I have tried both ways. It gets to 71% and turns off. Battery is perfectly fine and i have barley used this.

Elliot, in this situation, please export the update log from DJI Assistant 2 for further analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-18
Use props
Elliot Coll
lvl.1
Jersey

I am not sure how to do that. When i try to update, the update log is empty.
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Elliot Coll Posted at 2018-2-19 14:00
I am not sure how to do that. When i try to update, the update log is empty.

Double checked, is there any error code when the firmware update failed? Could you post the screenshot and export the upgrade log for analysis?

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-2-19
Use props
Elliot Coll
lvl.1
Jersey

There were no logs after faliure. You will be happy to know that after multiple attempts and litres of shed tears, i was able to restore defults and ipdate using the assistant. Thank you for your help.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Elliot Coll Posted at 2018-2-20 09:44
There were no logs after faliure. You will be happy to know that after multiple attempts and litres of shed tears, i was able to restore defults and ipdate using the assistant. Thank you for your help.

Hi Elliot, Thank you for your patience. This a good news to us. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We are glad to help.
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules