5192 7 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't used my DJI Goggles for a few months.  So, I wanted to check if there was a recent firmware update.  
I turn Goggles on, connect them to my computer with a micro USB cable, open DJI Assistant 2, click on "DJI Goggles" BUT...  no firmware versions are listed and I get this message: "Cannot Load Firmware List: PleaseRetry."  The Please and Retry are run together just like I typed them.  Retrying accomplishes the same, wash, rinse, repeat, get the same result over and over again.  The Goggles are connected to the computer, and DJI Assistant 2 does show me 4 text files when I click on Data Upload.  However, clicking on "Firmware Update" presents me with a completely empty list of available and/or installed firmware and I get the message: "Cannot Load Firmware List: PleaseRetry." Waited 5 minutes after connecting DJI Goggles to DJI Assistant 2 - still nothing.

Also tried linking DJI Assistant 2 to Goggles powered OFF as suggested in a YouTube video I found.  The Goggles are not recognized.

Any suggestions?  What am I doing wrong?  The Goggles have greater than 50% charge and are charging from the USB port whenever connected to the computer

2018-2-17
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick thing I noticed on your description , you didn't say which version of Assistant 2 you are running, so I'm going to guess that maybe you have an old version of the software, this is the most up to date version of it https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-2-17
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick thing I noticed on your description of the issue , you didn't say which version of Assistant 2 you are running, so I'm going to guess that maybe you have an old version of the software, this is the most up to date version of it https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads . I bought a new pair of Goggles 2 days ago and updated them with no problem using that version .
2018-2-17
Use props
hekt1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52356 ft
United States

This exactly what I ran into, and downloading the new DJI Assistant fixed the issue. I paired these Goggles with my Spark no more than a month ago and the old software worked fine. No prompts of any sort to let me know there was a new version when updating and trying to get them to work with my Air. Anyway, thanks for the help.
2018-2-19
Use props
fansd07896e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321388 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have struck the same issue with DJI Goggles and my P4Pro.  The mini-HDMI cable was connecting live video feed, and I could assign the Goggles to a second person to see the FPV feed in Goggles - at the same time I could pilot the drone using my iPad display.  I updated DJI Go App to the latest version and now the Goggles will not connect to the video feed via the HDMI cable.  The USB connection method works fine - the Goggles show the video, but that leaves the iPad screen blank.

I WAS using the Goggles to assist with asset inspections.  But now, this DJI Go 4 app upgrade has screwed it up and rendered the Goggles useless!

I have upgraded the RC and aircraft firmware, and upgraded the Goggles via the latest version of DJI Assistant.  I have changed the HDMI cable twice.  Nothing works.  Does anyone have any fresh ideas??  Thanks.  Peter
2018-5-7
Use props
fansd07896e0
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

I'm having a nightmare since updating DJI Go 4 app.  My Phantom4 Pro no longer connects to the Goggles via the mini-HDMI cable.  The Goggles are disconnected.  Connecting via USB cable sends the video feed fine to the Goggles.  Makes me wonder if the new version of DJI Go app is not compatible with the HDMI board.  VERY annoying!!!
2018-5-7
Use props
fansd07896e0
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

I'm having a nightmare since updating DJI Go 4 app.  My Phantom4 Pro no longer connects to the Goggles via the mini-HDMI cable.  The Goggles are disconnected.  Connecting via USB cable sends the video feed fine to the Goggles.  Makes me wonder if the new version of DJI Go app is not compatible with the HDMI board.  VERY annoying!!!
2018-5-8
Use props
pictchafilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2319308 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

fansd07896e0 Posted at 2018-5-7 11:12
I have struck the same issue with DJI Goggles and my P4Pro.  The mini-HDMI cable was connecting live video feed, and I could assign the Goggles to a second person to see the FPV feed in Goggles - at the same time I could pilot the drone using my iPad display.  I updated DJI Go App to the latest version and now the Goggles will not connect to the video feed via the HDMI cable.  The USB connection method works fine - the Goggles show the video, but that leaves the iPad screen blank.

I WAS using the Goggles to assist with asset inspections.  But now, this DJI Go 4 app upgrade has screwed it up and rendered the Goggles useless!

You must configurate in your goggles hdmi input in 720p, and automatic reset your HDMI card in your remote controller
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules