Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A digitally signed driver is required
9559 14 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Hi

I have just installed DJI Assistant 2 on a new Windows 10 PC.

The first time I try to connect my Mavic Pro to update firmware, I get the following error:

DJI-SignedDriverRequired.PNG

A digitally signed driver is required
LibUSB-Win32 - Kernel Driver
http://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net
Windows blocked the installation of a digitally unsigned driver. Uninstall the program or device that uses the driver and check the publisher's website for a digitally signed version of the driver.

Please DJI, help me on this. I seem to be running latest version of DJI Assistant and no other downloads are available for Windows?
2018-2-17
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Had the same problem. I temporally disabled the digitally signed drivers in Win 10 and reinstalled DJI assistance.  Worked for me.
You can got to  https://www.drivereasy.com/knowl ... ally-signed-driver/  Just remember to enable it back to the way it was. Hope it helps.
You can also Google  A digitally signed driver is required for Win 10 to get more info.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to disable signed driver enforcement. See if it works.
2018-2-18
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

Thanks B1houdini and DJI Thor.

Yes, temporary disabling driver signing in Windows as described on the page where B1houdini linked to, fixed the issue.

However I don't think it is reassuring to be forced to disable driver signing for setting up DJI Assistant! Hopefully there's a good explanation. Or well, hopefully there's actually not. Just sloppiness from DJI is probably the best explanation we can hope for?
2018-2-18
Use props
djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3
lvl.1
United States

Hello mate.  Just to add a little bit here.

DJI has not properly signed drivers with Windows yet.
The process to do so is here
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us ... -for-public-release
Other people have made complaints about this process being very expensive, and that Microsoft, even after being paid to do so, may still refuse to sign the driver.

Hope this helps.
2018-2-21
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3 Posted at 2018-2-21 14:34

Having to pay a lot to get drivers signed of course sucks. I haven't read full page you link to and don't know if prices are mentioned. But some cost is probably good to prevent MS getting "spammed" with unnecessary requests.

However what's worry me is the "may still refuse to sign the driver" part. If MS refuses to sign a driver, there's probably a good reason. Possible I guess reasons could include the driver makes the OS unstable, or the driver are doing something it is not allowed to do.

Considering all the accusations of DJI/China spying on us, it would probably be a good sign to DJI's customers if drivers were signed (Besides getting rid of the added trouble of installing of course).
2018-2-21
Use props
rantanlan
First Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

I'm sorry, but whining about costs... It's a company with 6000 people, with 2,8 billion in sales a year. I guess the customer can expect something like signed drivers.
2018-2-22
Use props
gmorris59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1024 ft
United States

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-22 01:31
I'm sorry, but whining about costs... It's a company with 6000 people, with 2,8 billion in sales a year. I guess the customer can expect something like signed drivers.

This is very true...there is no excuse for any Company selling products that depend on Microsoft Drivers to work to not get them signed...unless there is something in the driver they don't want to be seen.
2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-18 01:22
Hi there, please try to disable signed driver enforcement. See if it works.

Please pass this issue on to DJI Corporate that Unsigned drivers are causing customers problems.  
This is a common occurrence / problem!  
DJI needs to get the drivers / software  / installer for Assistant-2 signed both for Windows and OS X.
2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3 Posted at 2018-2-21 14:34

A brief search shows driver signing costs to be less than one Mavic Pro Platinum for Windows.
That covers cost of assigned Certificate and Microsoft's charge.

Even if costs were to be twenty times higher, it still will be justifiable rather than trouble customers are going through with unsigned drivers and costs of providing support to help those having problems with unsigned drivers.
2018-6-22
Use props
dr.ilmakuva
lvl.1
Finland

Same problem here, I can´t bypass digital sign, have installed dozen of programs, and tried to run gpedit.msc without success. one time I flew inside, without any problems just to see everything works. And now client want´s to have video, from inside, and now I can´t do it, because drone wants to calibrate the vision system, and it wanders allover the place.
2018-8-25
Use props
dr.ilmakuva
lvl.1
Finland

dr.ilmakuva Posted at 2018-8-25 03:40
Same problem here, I can´t bypass digital sign, have installed dozen of programs, and tried to run gpedit.msc without success. one time I flew inside, without any problems just to see everything works. And now client want´s to have video, from inside, and now I can´t do it, because drone wants to calibrate the vision system, and it wanders allover the place.

Solution was here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-145480-1-1.html

and in video here:

2018-8-25
Use props
Edward_Horvath
lvl.3
Flight distance : 560715 ft
United States

I have tried this over and over and cannot get Assistant 2 to recognize my transmitter.  What am i doing wrong????
2018-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Edward_Horvath Posted at 2018-9-24 11:58
I have tried this over and over and cannot get Assistant 2 to recognize my transmitter.  What am i doing wrong????

It is important that you have your device (RC I believe to understand in your case) connected to your PC and switched on while installing the DJI Assistant. You might still get a pop up question from Windows if you want to install the driver and when you confirm it should work. Please try and report back.
2018-9-24
Use props
Carla99
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hi, I have faced a same proble with digitally signed driver. But special thanks to MICROSOFT. My problem is solved now. If you are still facing this issue, make sure to visit Driver Signing at Microsoft. Hopefully, your problem will be solved.
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules