Amazon P3 Release Date Now June 30
12Next >
4497 40 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

Well...I canceled my very low pre-order number (443) for the P3A direct from DJI because the 7 day return policy spooked me.

I eventually went to Amazon to place a pre-order for the P3A w/extra battery a couple weeks ago and the release date for that configuration has changed from May 15 to June 30.  Shot myself in the foot!

I was hoping that perhaps Amazon would get some preferential treatment for delivery from DJI considering they're trying to launch an army of delivery drones...and I'm not aware of them having an agreement with a manufacturer yet for Amazon-branded drones.  I lost that bet.

Has anyone who ordered from Amazon gotten a new "release" date any earlier than June 30 for any P3 model?

Just wondering.  Cheers!
2015-5-1
Use props
barry.j.anderso
lvl.2

United States

Mine still says this:

Pre-ordered
Shipping estimate: Friday, May 15, 2015
Hide
Order Received - April 22, 2015 11:19 AM
We’ve started preparing your shipment. This process can take some time but does not change the delivery date. We'll send you an e-mail when your order has shipped. You can still request cancellation if you’ve changed your mind.

DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone Bundle with Extra Battery
Sold by: The Drone Source
$1,359.00
Release date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
2015-5-1
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

UGH!
Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
Track package

DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter Drone Bundle with Extra Battery
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$1,359.00
Release date: Tuesday, June 30, 2015
2015-5-1
Use props
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

barry.j.anderso Posted at 2015-5-1 21:07
Mine still says this:

Pre-ordered

I placed my order directly with Amazon, and not a third party (like The Drone Source).  So, unfortunately for me, my shipment looks like it will be later.

Our order dates/times are very close though.
2015-5-1
Use props
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-1 21:15
UGH!
Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate.  ...

Looks like Amazon orders (from Amazon LLC) may be received/released later than 3rd party orders through Amazon.com.

Time will tell.  Interesting to see the various release dates from various vendors though.
2015-5-1
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

barry.j.anderso Posted at 2015-5-1 21:07
Mine still says this:

Pre-ordered

Yes because yours is sold by a 3rd party seller it still has the same delivery. The amazon seller has been drastically delayed
2015-5-1
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-1 21:15
UGH!
Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate.  ...

I canceled my order, reordered the one without the battery, May 30th delivery. Anyone else have somewhere you can order instead of going direct with DJI?
2015-5-1
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

I just talked with amazon and they said I will receive my Phantom 3 Pro w/ extra battery maximum May 30th. So hopefully they are right Makes no sense because the release date is June 30th though.
2015-5-1
Use props
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

dmurph24@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-1 21:26
I just talked with amazon and they said I will receive my Phantom 3 Pro w/ extra battery maximum May ...

When did you place your order with Amazon?  Just trying to gauge how long I'll have to wait.

Not complaining.  I have patience.  Plenty of reading to do in the meantime!
2015-5-1
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

see my date moved to June 30 date well which crazy..
2015-5-1
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Well Solo comes out on time might have to look that over..lol
2015-5-1
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

I placed my order on April 17th but they put me on a high priority queue when I complained to them today. If you stay with amazon I would suggest you do the same. I told them I needed it by the previous release date of May 15th. They said they will try their best to deliver it by then but maximum it will be May 30th.
2015-5-1
Use props
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

dmurph24@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-1 21:33
I placed my order on April 17th but they put me on a high priority queue when I complained to them t ...

Amazon just told me that the manufacturer changed the date to June 30 and there's nothing they can do.  It must depend on the rep you get.

Oh well...4th of July for the first flight?
2015-5-1
Use props
mampostial
lvl.2

United States

I pre-ordered from Amazon Apr 20th and the estimated delivery is June 4th so far, I didn't even bothered to contact amazon about the reason for the estimated delivery date but I pre-ordered from Expert Drones through Amazon yesterday morning and contacted the seller and even though it says pre order in Amazon they process the transaction immediately. So the seller may post that they have in-stock, there is no stock available anymore but the guy at Expert Drones stated that orders processed this past Monday already shipped yesterday. For what is worth if you want to try something faster you can try Expert Drones, they are located in DC area.

Expert Drones is also giving $50 off your order if you order through their website so that could be a faster route, by the way not affiliated to the seller but all communications I've had with the seller has been quick and honest.
2015-5-1
Use props
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

I contacted B&H and they said they have no expected in-stock date from the manufacturer.  Another bummer.
2015-5-1
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

mampostial Posted at 2015-5-1 22:21
I pre-ordered from Amazon Apr 20th and the estimated delivery is June 4th so far, I didn't even both ...

How do get $50 off don't see listed on site?
2015-5-1
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

I talked with SURE RC in El Monte CA yesterday and they have them in stock.
2015-5-1
Use props
amstaff_loyalty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546752 ft
Sweden

Yeah Im staying in DJI line ^^
2015-5-1
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

Why are you all going nuts here??????? Even if you were to get this any sooner, the app does not work and will not for a little while.  Have patience and don't shoot yourself in the foot buying directly from DJI. Amazon has great return policy. Dji is not a professional company. They denied backpack with P3, deleted posts from this open forum, horrible customer service and just not straight forward. I am thinking about buying a drone from a different manufacturer all together. We are all getting toooooo excited about a product that still is not fully operational. What's up with you people..!!
2015-5-1
Use props
ztruempy
lvl.1

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-5-2 02:39
Why are you all going nuts here??????? Even if you were to get this any sooner, the app does not wor ...

I think you're the only one "going nuts here".

So many "??????????" and "!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Relax.  We're just sharing information here.  No one is shouting, complaining, whining or going nuts.

Well, almost no one.
2015-5-1
Use props
mampostial
lvl.2

United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-2 00:07
How do get $50 off don't see listed on site?

you have to subscribe to their newsletter, after you click shop on the main page check at the top, there is a banner with the info.
2015-5-1
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Amazon....release on May 15th, no wait May 29th, no wait June 30th....no more, cancelled my order.
2015-5-1
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

I now show June 15th release date, not June 30th as others are stating.

My Amazon order was placed April 9th, but maybe the difference is I didn't get the spare battery?

Still very disappointing.  When I ordered it said the release date was May 15th, which seemed realistic.  Some people were getting them in late April.
2015-5-2
Use props
rinconol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-1 21:23
I canceled my order, reordered the one without the battery, May 30th delivery. Anyone else have so ...

I cancelled my unreasonably delayed order with Amazon and ordered from DroneNerds.com for store pickup on Monday.
2015-5-2
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

rinconol@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-3 07:00
I cancelled my unreasonably delayed order with Amazon and ordered from DroneNerds.com for store pi ...

DroneNerds.com appears to be presently offline.
2015-5-2
Use props
rog3rba11
New

United States

I ordered the Professional/extra battery from CopterShop through Amazon on Apr 18, 2015 and received my Phantom 3 on May 1, 2015 with an expected delivery of the extra battery on May 22!
2015-5-2
Use props
toddscafidi
lvl.1

United States

well, I have mine but I'm still waiting for the Pilot App
2015-5-2
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I posted this elsewhere on this forum, but here is my Amazon experience:

I ordered my P3P from Amazon (Amazon, not a third party) immediately after the online product roll-out on 4/8. I'm a Prime member, Vine Voice participant and have been ordering from Amazon for more than 20 years.

My order was initially listed as "Release Date May 15th" all along, then this past week, this date slipped out to "Release date 30 June". I called Amazon, and ended up speaking with 3 different CSR's, including the supervisor on duty. I told them that I understand how in-demand this item is, but that many other outlets, including DJI themselves, are already delivering the P3's, yet Amazon is only listing a "Release Date" of 30 June?

She just told me they were "having trouble getting the product". I suggested they need to hire a new purchasing department, and that they could cancel my order. I was very clear of my disappointment in their lack of performance, so I got my "money's worth" on my call, and once I hung up, I placed an order with another vendor who is saying I may get my unit from a set they are expecting this week. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, despite me acting immediately to get in the front of the queue, I wasted almost a month waiting for Amazon. Not sure I'll do THAT again.
2015-5-3
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Wow that quite the story.. I am still holding out hope that amazon will get delivery of P3 sometime this month.  At this point due to not having the extra battery nor having an working iOS app I'm not going to cancel.  Also been issues already with P3, which why wanted get from amazon.  But once extra batteries due ship and app is working, then I will look elsewhere.
2015-5-4
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

I looked at the dji list of authorized dealers on their web site. I went with intelligentuas.

It's on my kitchen table right now recharging.  
2015-5-4
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

I too ordered a Phantom 3 Pro and saw my estimated ship date change from May 15 to May 30th.  You can huff & puff at Amazon all you want too...  They cannot get a product from DJI if DJI refuses to ship the product.  Amazon is not delaying the shipment.  DJI is responsible for NOT SHIPPING the product to Amazon.  It does not matter how many purchasing agents Amazon hires or fires... Amazon is not responsible for this delay.  (That responsibility falls squarely on DJI.)  Canceling your order punishes none but your self.  You loose you position in line and you are just delaying getting your drone that much later.

The DJI app is not even released yet for iOS.  So I can't fly it even if it WAS here right now.  Extra batteries do not exist yet.  Extra props do not exist yet.  Spare parts of any kind do not exist yet.  Until DJI gets the supply chain up & running and finishes debugging the software... I can WAIT.  I do not want to get my new $1,300 drone and watch it take off and SMASH into bits because DJI release a half baked firmware or software version for iOS.  I am happy to wait until another month the drone is stable.

Calling Amazon and throwing a tantrum is not going to get you a drone any faster.  Canceling your order is not going to get you a drone any faster.  And even if you HAD it... It'a probably not safe to fly right now anyways.  You guys all go out and work out the bugs for me OK...  I CAN wait another month until I see it working properly.
I am sure DJI is doing their best to get these drones out as quickly as possible.  
I just hope the quality control does not suffer in the rush to get the Phantom 3 out to vendors like Amazon.

2015-5-4
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

I have a fantastic update! A question was just posted for the Phantom 3 professional on amazon asking "Why did the shipping date change?". Amazon responded saying that this is speculation. If you had ordered the P3 before the release date changed then your P3 will be shipping May 14th, one day before the release date. I didnt believe this at first so I called up amazon and asked them to verify this for me. Turns out that this is actually a true statement. Your order will still say "Release date: June 30th". According to amazon, the reason they did this was because there was only limited stock and once that stock was pre-ordered, they had to move up the release date. Unfortunately there was no way to show the release date as May 15th on the people that ordered before it changed.

I'm sorry for those who cancelled their orders because of this, but if you still have orders through amazon, keep them!
2015-5-7
Use props
seffyshalem
lvl.1

Israel

Hi
I hope you are right!  release date delayed for me also
We will see tomorrow
2015-5-13
Use props
SeanSchick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24852 ft
United States

Mine was delayed (Original preorder on 4/9). Cancelled my preorder through Amazon and ordered through Drones Etc though Amazon. Should ship tomorrow, at my door next Monday/Tuesday.
2015-5-13
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
United States

SeanSchick Posted at 2015-5-14 02:45
Mine was delayed (Original preorder on 4/9). Cancelled my preorder through Amazon and ordered throug ...

I had the same situation and am also going through Drones Etc.. They just told me its delayed 2 more weeks....
2015-5-13
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are several other DJI dealers on Amazon who have Phantoms that are ready to ship now:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available
2015-5-13
Use props
SeanSchick
lvl.2
United States

dmurph24@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-14 03:05
I had the same situation and am also going through Drones Etc.. They just told me its delayed 2 mo ...

When I ordered through Amazon from Drones Etc, they had plenty in stock.  I just got an email explaining that the expected shipment from DJI didn't come in so mine is delayed "a week or two".  To me that means they either oversold their stock, can't manage their stock, or sold stock they didn't have.  Unless Amazon has a screwy way of managing stock online.

Pretty frustrating.. I'm cancelling my order with Drones etc and am going to sit back and wait until stock issues are sorted out.  Hopefully more bugs will be worked through by then as well.
2015-5-14
Use props
SeanSchick
lvl.2
United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-5-14 12:49
There are several other DJI dealers on Amazon who have Phantoms that are ready to ship now:
http://w ...

Thanks Mike.  Unfortunately DronesEtc showed up as having stock when I ordered to, so now I'm not as trusting of those numbers.
2015-5-14
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I didn't  preorder anything..  i went on ebay and ordered it and had it 2 days later.  I never preorder anything and always manage to get what I want b4 people the preordered things months in advance..  ps4, xbox one..  same thing..  just Google it and if someone has it Google will take you to it..
2015-5-15
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-5 08:44
I too ordered a Phantom 3 Pro and saw my estimated ship date change from May 15 to May 30th.  You ca ...

Wow, "throwing a tantrum" and "huffing and puffing"? Who said anything about throwing a tantrum. There is a very good way of being a demanding yet fair customer, and doing so without throwing tantrum or huffing and puffing.
2015-5-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules