Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 and FW upgrade problems
771 0 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VK5PO
lvl.1

Australia

DJI firmware upgrade procedures are a deadset disgrace,  with widespread problems experienced by owners of EXPENSIVE DJI devices

Now it is my turn to have a "nightmare" experience whilst trying to upgrade, and have inherent problems after this FW upgrade.

BACKGROUND:

I have ALWAYS used a Samsung S6 smartphone with my P4, and had only recently started to use an Apple device. I use the Apple device app
PERISCOPE to live broadcast my drone flights direct.  Periscope interfaces with DJI drones, and that worked reasonably well. I NEVER had DJI GO4 installed onto the apple device (Ipad Mini).  Many hours of great arial video was broadcast live this way, but no P4 telemetry was visible on the periscope video screen, ( That is normal ) which was no problem, as I kept the AC nearby.

New Firmware upgrade??, OK, try DJI assistant.... NO go on 4 different 8.1 windows PC's, with ONLY ONE showing the P4 being connected. Even in this state, I could not see FW version of AC, nor the "new" FW upgrade. I tried ALL versions of DJI ASSistant with the same negative results.

I tried the FW upgrade using ANDROID DJI GO 4, but that did not work either, which was quite perplexing..... At this point I decided to install DJI GO 4 onto my iPad mini...  Well, this worked almost seamlessly dare I say. That is how I upgraded my  AC and RCU to current FW versions (well that is debatable as you will see). As discussed below, that was not the end of my "heartache"!!!!

I want to point out that I have linked the RF between RCU and AC correctly, but still the Android DJI GO4 app cannot (at times) make nor mainitain a connection to the P4.

I used the LINKING prompt within the app, and ALSO the 3 button press sequence then the ISO button press.... the blue LED on RCU illuminates, then push in switch on P4 to sync. all appears perfect, but still AC disconnects after a short while, or sometimes still does not connect with Andriod DJI GO 4 app. I have tried custom channel pairing, but now stay with AUTO. still no luck with the Android app.

I have ininstalled and reinstalled BOTH iOS and ANDROID DJI GO 4 apps, but still the same outcome.

AC FW            :  02.00.0700
RC FW            : IOS shows 1.9.3  BUT ANDROID SHOWS 1.1.5??????  THIS IS A WIERD PROBLEM, and is probably the reason I am having issues!!!!!
DJI GO4          :     4.2.6                       (iOS)
DJI GO4           :    4.2.6                       (Android)
DJI ASSISTANT: ALL VERSIIONS on 4 different win8.1 PC's

The iOS Precise FLYSAFE DB V# 01.00.01.09 for AC and Ios APP
The ANDROID Precise FLYSAFE DB V# 01.00.00.07  for AC and ANDROID APP????

GOOD POINTS   :  It is INCREDIBLE to finally see the cam/gimbal "level horizon" problem "FIXED"
                             I actually expected that improvement as when doing an IMU calibration, the AC had to be placed in many different positions, instead of the "usual" placement on
                             a flat surface and that was it.  GREAT JOB DJI!!!   18 months of owning my P4 and it is fabulous at last.........

BAD POINTS      : Loss of VIDEO/Green screen etc.
                            Camera occasionallly goes "nuts" and points down and backwards to the right.  sometimes rectified by cam downwards button asigned to that operation (c1)
                            I Can ONLY USE my iPad Mini to run DJI GO4 app to fly, as the Android app show AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED from AC or, sometimes it will  connect for a
                            short  period  of time. This renders the android app USELESS, which is SO ANNOYING, because that is ALL I ever used in the past.
                            The signal from AC seems "glitchy" as there is pixelating when the AC is even nearby, and at times is perfect at 500m distant.  
                             Unable to use ANY versions of DJI ASSISTANT versions to upgrade.

WHY, can't I use my Android DJI GO 4 app anymore, that does not maintain "aircaft connected" status"?    why are DIFFERENT RCU FW versions stated?  

Obviously I am wanting answers, which DO NOT include sending back to DJI!!!!

It seems like I need to try and factory reset the RCU, and try upgrading the FW again, so that it is shown to be identical on both iOS and Android  platforms.

Man this is SO DARN FRUSTRATING........................

Thanks for reading my plight, and lets see what I gotta do to get it all OK again.  I can bet there are others that have spent hard earned money for something that
is just remarkable, but not much good if it all cannot work correctly.

Thanks guys.

John, LEWISTON SA

2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules