1120 13 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flybirdpro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1488635 ft
Australia

It happened a few times now.
Today a single flight twice. It almost gave me a heart attack when Mavic was teturning home with low battery over a river, then I lost control. I was prepared to lost it in the river.
But after 1-2 minutes, it was back. I pressed "return home" immediately.

I am doing RMA to the seller now. There were a lot of "gimbal reset in the air", now with "totally lost control in the air". I can't affort it any more.

Anyone see same issue with this latest firmware?

Thanks!
2018-2-17
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I just did the update today. I flew three batteries never had an issue.
2018-2-17
Use props
flybirdpro
lvl.2
Australia

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-17 19:18
I just did the update today. I flew three batteries never had an issue.

Thanks for sharing.
I flew 5 batteries yesterday and it was all good except the gimbal sometimes still a little bit "adjust in the air for 2-3 seconds" not like the old version it is a full reset cost about 2 minutes.
But today I saw a lot of issues.
My Mavic Pro is not stable.
2018-2-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

flybirdpro Posted at 2018-2-17 19:21
Thanks for sharing.
I flew 5 batteries yesterday and it was all good except the gimbal sometimes still a little bit "adjust in the air for 2-3 seconds" not like the old version it is a full reset cost about 2 minutes.
But today I saw a lot of issues.

try downgrading back to 0100 firmware via assistant 2, that seems to be the most stable firmware
2018-2-18
Use props
flybirdpro
lvl.2
Australia

Suren Posted at 2018-2-18 00:12
try downgrading back to 0100 firmware via assistant 2, that seems to be the most stable firmware

Thanks, already did. I read the change log and the new 0200 and 0300 are mostly optimized for the DJI Goggles.

I can take the gimbal reset but I can't take the lost control of the drone.

Just did a test fly with the 0100 and it is ok except the "distance" is not accurate - the drone is almost above my head but the distance still says 70m away.

Is there any chance the DJI GO no response because of the phone? I am using iPhone6S+ 128 with 100GB used. I will delete everything I can to free the space, also try to stop “cache video" on my phone as it can be more than 30 GB when I selected "automatic", maybe stop sync photo to phone as well.
2018-2-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

flybirdpro Posted at 2018-2-18 00:27
Thanks, already did. I read the change log and the new 0200 and 0300 are mostly optimized for the DJI Goggles.

I can take the gimbal reset but I can't take the lost control of the drone.

Try clearing flight log and cache and if that does not work uninstall the app and reload. with my iphone i have not got a disconnect only flight logs were not syncing but my samsung seems to discoonect all the time i downgraded to go4 4.1.22 and flew yesterday no issues with disconnect. the go4 app is ram hungry so you would need free space to fly with this app and ensure all background apps are closed down and phone is in flight mode.
2018-2-18
Use props
flybirdpro
lvl.2
Australia

Suren Posted at 2018-2-18 00:37
Try clearing flight log and cache and if that does not work uninstall the app and reload. with my iphone i have not got a disconnect only flight logs were not syncing but my samsung seems to discoonect all the time i downgraded to go4 4.1.22 and flew yesterday no issues with disconnect. the go4 app is ram hungry so you would need free space to fly with this app and ensure all background apps are closed down and phone is in flight mode.

Thanks!
In my 150 flights, most of the time Mavic works perfectly. I mean with full flight logs (hundreds MB) and cached videos (more than 20 GB). The flight csv log is very small (200MB in 150 flights) and will keep all the records.
The flight .dat file is huge (50 MB as Mavic will automatically clean them up).
Today I exported 10 flight data from DJI assistant 2 which is 1GB - Mavic will automatically clean them up.

The gimbal reset may happened 10 times.
The lost connection happened 4 times since I updated to 0300 - 10 days with 20+ flights.
Yesterday I flew 5 batteries with no surprise. No idea why today it happened twice in a single flight.
It was not far away, utmost 700 meters, full of vision as it is above a river without any obstacle.

I will try to fly with 0100 to see if it is a Mavic hardware issue or firmware issue - as the lost connection never happens with 0100, if it happens again, more like it is a Mavic hardware issue. If it never happens again, more like a firmware issue.

Thanks again.
2018-2-18
Use props
Dan Addams
New
Flight distance : 909 ft
Colombia

Why dji do it that to all of us, even it seems that they never read the forums or the app feedback or reports to costumer service.... My gimbal Robin ends broken in the 0200 firmware just by flying to take a 360 pano photo.... It was a very expensive repair. I noticed that the gimbal moves really fast in all pano modes... The 360 is the worst case, then I realized in this forum that a lot of user are facing a lot of troubles... After getting my mavic from repair center I downgrade my firmware to 0100 it seems to be more stable but today I flew my drone and my mavic was disconnected 5 times! Dji used to be a great company sending us a lot of cool and great updates but now is a mess, it almost feels intentionally.... To me was a ribbon cable broken but a lot of users are losing their mavics because the sensor systems are failing, or simple tasks are getting issues.... Please please DJI SOLVE THAT PROBLEMS, I DO NOT TRUST IN UPDATES FROM DJI ANYMORE! COME ONE THIS DRONES ARE EXPENSIVE, WE TAKE A LOT OF CARE WITH THEM BUT YOU ARE MESSING UP WITH US AND OUR DRONES BY SENDING CRAP UPDATES THAT CAN DAMAGE ORÑUR DRONES, OR IS ACTUALLY AN STRATEGY LOOKING TO RUIN OUR DRONES IN ORDER TO GET THE NEW ONES? IM VERY DISAPPOINTED
2018-2-26
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

0100 firmware seems to be the most stable firmware nowadays.Try not to upgrade unless there are significant improvements out there.
2018-2-26
Use props
flybirdpro
lvl.2
Australia

Dan Addams Posted at 2018-2-26 13:10
Why dji do it that to all of us, even it seems that they never read the forums or the app feedback or reports to costumer service.... My gimbal Robin ends broken in the 0200 firmware just by flying to take a 360 pano photo.... It was a very expensive repair. I noticed that the gimbal moves really fast in all pano modes... The 360 is the worst case, then I realized in this forum that a lot of user are facing a lot of troubles... After getting my mavic from repair center I downgrade my firmware to 0100 it seems to be more stable but today I flew my drone and my mavic was disconnected 5 times! Dji used to be a great company sending us a lot of cool and great updates but now is a mess, it almost feels intentionally.... To me was a ribbon cable broken but a lot of users are losing their mavics because the sensor systems are failing, or simple tasks are getting issues.... Please please DJI SOLVE THAT PROBLEMS, I DO NOT TRUST IN UPDATES FROM DJI ANYMORE! COME ONE THIS DRONES ARE EXPENSIVE, WE TAKE A LOT OF CARE WITH THEM BUT YOU ARE MESSING UP WITH US AND OUR DRONES BY SENDING CRAP UPDATES THAT CAN DAMAGE ORÑUR DRONES, OR IS ACTUALLY AN STRATEGY LOOKING TO RUIN OUR DRONES IN ORDER TO GET THE NEW ONES? IM VERY DISAPPOINTED

Now I am worrying in every flight - it can have any problems.
Please don't use 0200 - it only had 10 days life.
I confirmed 0200 had a fatal defect - it showed GPS mode and you took off but in fact there was 0 satellite in use, so it turned to ATTI mode in the air - if you were not lucky you lost your mavic as ATTI could not stay still in the air, it just flew away from you.
It happened to me twice.
I analysis the .DAT file and confirmed the defect.
1. took off as GPS mode with 13 satellites

2. after a few seconds turned to ATTI mode

3. check .DAT and saw GPS number = 0 and GPS level = 0 even we saw there were 13-15 satellites in the screen capture

4. check .DAT and saw strange compass status
2018-2-27
Use props
flybirdpro
lvl.2
Australia

Jason WAI Posted at 2018-2-26 18:57
0100 firmware seems to be the most stable firmware nowadays.Try not to upgrade unless there are significant improvements out there.

Nothing good for me:
1. 0100 gimbal always reset in the air which will take 30 seconds no video or photo
2. 0200 GPS mode turns to ATTI mode which is too easy to lost your Mavic Pro
3. 0300 DJI GO App dies in the fly which needs about 1 minute to recover - don't panic
So I am waiting for the 0400 - nothing is good but there is a chance to be better as the old ones are bad.
2018-2-27
Use props
Ivanski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 714977 ft
Hong Kong

Jason WAI Posted at 2018-2-26 18:57

Completely agree.
I got problems in 0200 so I rolled back to 0100.
Don't even bother to try the 0300.

BTW, I don't have any issue in 0100. Everything works just great!
2018-2-27
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

flybirdpro Posted at 2018-2-27 04:11
Nothing good for me:
1. 0100 gimbal always reset in the air which will take 30 seconds no video or photo
2. 0200 GPS mode turns to ATTI mode which is too easy to lost your Mavic Pro

I have tried 0300  and finally encounter a problem. The Gimbal - reset once in the mid air after FW upgrade. Mid Air - Gimbal Reset after FW Upgrade

I may have the FW downgrade to 0200 and then wait for 0400.
2018-3-20
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ivanski Posted at 2018-2-27 04:40
Completely agree.
I got problems in 0200 so I rolled back to 0100.
Don't even bother to try the 0300.

Let's wait for 0400
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules