HDMI module on a P 3 Pro - possible to connect 2nd ipad via USB?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

if i add the HDMI module to my P3Pro will i be able to connect a second ipad via the USB port on the HDMI module?

I want others to be able to see (on second ipad) what I am seeing (on  the ipad connected directly to the RC)  as I fly the camera. I have a  second ipad, don't want to buy an HDMI capable monitor and have to deal  with power supply etc out in the field.

Thanks for any tips you may offer.

My apologies for not searching the forum for previous similar posts, but I am unable to search the forum in any useful way.

2018-2-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans55,

Sorry, but the HDMI option is direct to HDMI.  Only the future DJI products may have HDMI to USB C options.  This is being used with only the newest DJI products.

BTW, the micro USB ports on the Remote Controllers are for some future use.  We can only hope!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-17
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-2-17 20:22
Aloha fans55,

Sorry, but the HDMI option is direct to HDMI.  Only the future DJI products may have HDMI to USB C options.  This is being used with only the newest DJI products.

Thanks for your reply, the reason I asked is because what I read on the B&H Photo website product page for this item:

The HDMI Output Module for Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced from DJI upgrades the Phantom 3's controller by adding a mini-HDMI output. This means you can connect a monitor or FPV goggles and view a live, HD image from the Phantom 3 Camera. In addition, the module provides a USB Type-A port so that you can connect a mobile device, just as you would with the stock controller.
2018-2-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2018-2-17 20:25
Thanks for your reply, the reason I asked is because what I read on the B&H Photo website product page for this item:

The HDMI Output Module for Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced from DJI upgrades the Phantom 3's controller by adding a mini-HDMI output. This means you can connect a monitor or FPV goggles and view a live, HD image from the Phantom 3 Camera. In addition, the module provides a USB Type-A port so that you can connect a mobile device, just as you would with the stock controller.

Aloha fans55,

By all means try it.  If you succeed, you will be the first I know about.  I have tried and failed myself.  Maybe you will succeed.  Different devices work different ways.  I never say die, I just try.

That said, do not get high expectations in case it does not work.  I use three types of goggles (one is 1080p) and one 15.6 inch 1080p monitor (with an amazing external) battery.  They all work directly off of HDMI.  I have micro, mini and full size HDMI adapters and cables.  Never say die, just try.

I have a retired Samsung Galaxy TabPRO that might put out a 720p display that way.  I never tried that because it did not appear to work in the first place.  I thought the USB port did not have the firmware for it to work.  Maybe I will try it again, just in case - never say die!  Hmm, that would be interesting.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules