Wifi drones are useless in CE
1570 10 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

And too sensitive to other wifi networks and noise.
Yes you can go far away from anything and fly your Spark or Mavic Air, but then I guess it is the drone that decide where to fly and not you.

My next drone will not be a wifi drone.
2018-2-18
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Totally agree. Wifi channels may appear clean at the launch site, but, as the drone flies further away and closer to other wifi sources. The drone may suddenly disconnect, reconnect and disconnect. Wifi drones are unreliable and a bit waste of money.
Wifi drones are useful if they are flown very close to the launch site, e.g. area within 100m x 100m.
2018-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In all urban areas you will get interference whether you have WiFi lightbridge Ocusync , interference is part and parcel of flying drones, you pick the envoirment it’s your choice if flying in an area where interference is likely then you should be aware of your limits.
I have both spark and MavAir both of them preform in conditions laid out by the manufacturer, sometimes we think we can get much more out of these drones we fly them too far for the envoirment we are flying in and this causes problems, but they are fitted with failsafe back ups that will fly the drone back home or back to where you regain signal.

Both Mavic Pro and P4Pro have really good systems but are not immune from failure inspire use the same systems as does Matrice but you will pay a much higher price for these drones, if it’s for professional use then that’s what you should be using.
2018-2-18
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

Well I have FCC mod and just been far out in the woods. Tested for wifi signal and there none at all.
Phone off and no bluetooth of any kind, and still loosing connection even if the Spark is hovering just in front of me.
I was using my Ipad mini 4 with and without OTG and with the same result. Using latest firmware and software on it all.

Then I tested with my Galaxy S7, using GO4 V4.1.15 and had no problems.

This is the most unreliable drone ever!! Dont trust it at all.
2018-2-18
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Wifi Drones in compact frame size, e.g. Mavic Air and Spark, interference, vibration and cooling are hard to be perfect. If one of these issues goes very wrong, we have to kiss our Drones goodbye. Technically speaking, manufacturers are still have a long way to go to build a more reliable wifi drone. Not until then, we the wifi drone owners, are just beta testers.
Referring to mobile phone developments, the mobile phones of earlier years are subject to numerous problems, e.g. software unstable, battery failures, signal reception, screen display, etc and etc. Only after many years of development, the quality of mobile phone is becoming acceptable in recent years.
2018-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jangermann Posted at 2018-2-18 03:05
Well I have FCC mod and just been far out in the woods. Tested for wifi signal and there none at all.
Phone off and no bluetooth of any kind, and still loosing connection even if the Spark is hovering just in front of me.
I was using my Ipad mini 4 with and without OTG and with the same result. Using latest firmware and software on it all.

The woods is a real giveaway to your problems, trees soak up both WiFi and radio signals , so flying close to forests is not best environment for these drones.
2018-2-18
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

Well in the forest 3m meters away and loosing connection.
Where on planet earth is a perfect spot for the Spark??
2018-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jangermann Posted at 2018-2-18 05:13
Where on planet earth is a perfect spot for the Spark??

If your loosing signal from 3 ft then you have other problems .
2018-2-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

You really think trees soak up wifi and radio signals and those signals hang around effecting drones....or that the trees block signals between you and the drone???  
2018-2-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

jangermann Posted at 2018-2-18 05:13
Where on planet earth is a perfect spot for the Spark??

Where it perfect?  Apparently, my back deck, the local town park, and in the city by the skeet range.

Oh boy, do you ever have to watch how high you fly and who you are bothering when flying by a skeet range.  

Loosing connection three meters away means you need to do some testing with flying with just the phone to see if an antenna is loose on the remote or the spark.
2018-2-18
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-18 07:24
You really think trees soak up wifi and radio signals and those signals hang around effecting drones....or that the trees block signals between you and the drone???

Yes, I think trees effect the signals.  Not enough to stop a Spark remote at three meters but it does effect the signal.  The higher in frequency you go, the more everything effects it.  I think his antenna connection is broken if he has a constantly weak signal to his Spark.  

Water is interesting as 72.160mhz (old surface RC freq) goes through it just fine but 2.4ghz is stopped cold.

Sad, when the Spark goes out of a drone enthusiast's eyes.  Funny, when the Spark goes into their eyes.  
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules