DJI Recommended Maintenance Schedule for MP?
9698 10 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

I'm completing the required paperwork for commercial drone operation in Australia and this includes a section that spells out how/when various maintenance procedures will be completed for each type of drone in use.  The relevant section states "All maintenance to be carried out on RPAS will be scheduled in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications where that information exists and is relevant..."
I'd be grateful if someone from DJI would comment on any schedule or guidelines that might exist and if this doesn't exist, whether anyone has guidelines they've drafted to meet compliance.  

The guidelines go on to offer the option of doing maintenance "‘on condition", subject to findings of maintenance issues found in pre and post flight checks, but I have to think there's best practice guidelines for end-of-life of components, such as batteries, props, brushless motors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gregg

2018-2-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

all i heard so far is that props should be changed after x amount of flight
2018-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - DJI advise to change props after 200 flights, discharge batteries to 8% and fully recharge every 20 cycles, get the drone repaired by DJI technicians after a crash or when something malfunctions. I have never heard of a set DJI drone service schedule. The responsibility to maintain the drone rests with the owner before and after each and every flight hence, pre and post flight check lists.
2018-2-18
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Would there not be a life expectancy of the motors?  At some point after many hours of use would it not be a good idea to have the motors replaced before one fails in flight?  Do we know how long they last?
Just thinking out loud here because I have no idea but seems a reasonable concern at some point.
2018-2-18
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Also, visual checks of the folding arms, check for looseness of the arms, loose screws loose battery catches, battery bulging, flight hover check for AC stability should give you an indication of either prop or motor issues.
And of course, change the oil every 3K miles.
2018-2-19
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Locoman Posted at 2018-2-19 04:45
Also, visual checks of the folding arms, check for looseness of the arms, loose screws loose battery catches, battery bulging, flight hover check for AC stability should give you an indication of either prop or motor issues.

And do NOT forget to grease the gimbal bearings!
2018-2-19
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Locoman Posted at 2018-2-19 04:45

Other than the obvious pre-post flight inspections I oil the motors every 10 battery charges, having 3 batteries for most my DJI drones that equates to every 30 flights, I use a synthetic brushless motor oil, do the same with my race quads, keeps things smooth and also dispels any moisture build up during flights. Just one drop p/motor.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/nhpu3qagl/][/url]
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-19 04:57
Other than the obvious pre-post flight inspections I oil the motors every 10 battery charges, having 3 batteries for most my DJI drones that equates to every 30 flights, I use a synthetic brushless motor oil, do the same with my race quads, keeps things smooth and also dispels any moisture build up during flights. Just one drop p/motor.

[view_image][/url]

Good advice - thanks for sharing
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Gregg, it is recommended to do a fully pre-flight checklist. Here is tutorial video, just for your reference:

2018-2-25
Use props
Cleavpa
New
Flight distance : 154600 ft
Australia

Hi Gregg. I am also in the same position of putting a Preventative Maintenance program together for commercial operations. Came across your post and was wondering how you went. regards. Paul
2019-7-25
Use props
Jarrett Gorin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214482 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-19 04:57
Other than the obvious pre-post flight inspections I oil the motors every 10 battery charges, having 3 batteries for most my DJI drones that equates to every 30 flights, I use a synthetic brushless motor oil, do the same with my race quads, keeps things smooth and also dispels any moisture build up during flights. Just one drop p/motor.

[view_image][/url]

What oil do you use for this?  And where do you apply to the motors?  Thanks in advance.
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules