Wireless interference and strong interference warnings
4815 13 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

Increasing my flight time. At the beach today kept getting 2 errors.
1. Wireless interference
2.strong interference caution flying long distances

I lost connectivity to iPhone but not a problem as close by and manually landed.

Any idea if these warnings are common?

Cheers
2018-2-18
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Since the last update I too get such warnings and I also fly on a beach. No such radio generators anywhere nearby. I wonder if there has been some change in the sensitivity of the warning system?
2018-2-18
Use props
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-18 04:59
Since the last update I too get such warnings and I also fly on a beach. No such radio generators anywhere nearby. I wonder if there has been some change in the sensitivity of the warning system?

I was at Frinton on Sea in Essex. Offshore wind farm 5 miles or more offshore. There might have been a radar station somewhere which wasn't obvious.
2018-2-18
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I am getting the same thing, "Wireless interference" and "Strong interference warnings" since the last update.
I was getting the AC to RTH like I lost signal completely, checked iPad settings. I found that my Bluetooth was turned on (not sure why it was on and don't know for sure if it made a difference?).
Flying since I still get the warnings, but have not noticed any loss of control or adverse effects.
It very well be just sensitivity in the warning system (which I hope they correct).
It certainly makes me nervous!
2018-2-18
Use props
David J.
First Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I have be flying in semi urban areas, and I get these warnings a lot. Doesn’t seem to affect my connections or anything though.
2018-2-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Can it be that the Bluetooth is switching on,without you know ? I got these message after battery change in the bird. I don´t know why the BT was on and i´d enable the airplane mode on my iPhone. I switched off the BT and the message was gone. Om my android tab i´d newer get that message unless i was in an urban area.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Wrenny, the model you use is P3S, right? The P3S uses WiFi and easily disturbed by the environment. It is recommended to fly in an open location without interference, enable the airplane mode to see whether it helps.
2018-2-25
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

Not Phantom but I have been flying Spark and Mavic pro on beach in Florida.   Recently have been getting strong interference warning and lost connection with Spark (using WiFi not OTG) but just warning with Mavic pro.  This seems to be a new or worsening problem across platforms
2018-2-27
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-25 20:03
Hello Wrenny, the model you use is P3S, right? The P3S uses WiFi and easily disturbed by the environment. It is recommended to fly in an open location without interference, enable the airplane mode to see whether it helps.

Are you speaking of the airplane on the iPad and the iPhone? Should those be set to airplane mode before launching?
2018-2-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Put your pad in airplane mode and start the WIFI manual and launch the app. Be sure the Bluetooth is disabled too (same frequency as the WIFI).
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SITKAMICK Posted at 2018-2-27 10:12
Are you speaking of the airplane on the iPad and the iPhone? Should those be set to airplane mode before launching?

Yep, it is the airplane mode on the mobile device. Personally, I'd suggest enabling it to avoid interference.
2018-3-2
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42497 ft

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-22 07:31
Can it be that the Bluetooth is switching on,without you know ? I got these message after battery change in the bird. I don´t know why the BT was on and i´d enable the airplane mode on my iPhone. I switched off the BT and the message was gone. Om my android tab i´d newer get that message unless i was in an urban area.

I get the same warnings, even when I'm flying out in the 'boonies' here in AZ; I have to have BT on on my phone, since it uses it to connect to my hearing aids and gather info like how long I've been wearing them, etc, or to connect them to the phone in case of someone calling (like while I'm driving), but IF BT is the problem, I think I can temporarily disable it and/or fly while the phone's in Airplane Mode; my hearing aids will still work, even while not connected to the phone via BT and I can always reconnect them after flying.
I was flying one time at about 10', showing a friend about the drone, when I got one of those warnings and then had an UN-COMMANDED climb to about 30-35' and an UN-COMMANDED flight across the street, right into a tree, where it fell to concrete and broke the camera/gimbal.  I'm in the process of fixing it now.

Broken camera and roll motor ring.JPG
2021-9-16
Use props
AeroMechAZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42497 ft

United States

AeroMechAZ Posted at 9-16 21:21
I get the same warnings, even when I'm flying out in the 'boonies' here in AZ; I have to have BT on on my phone, since it uses it to connect to my hearing aids and gather info like how long I've been wearing them, etc, or to connect them to the phone in case of someone calling (like while I'm driving), but IF BT is the problem, I think I can temporarily disable it and/or fly while the phone's in Airplane Mode; my hearing aids will still work, even while not connected to the phone via BT and I can always reconnect them after flying.
I was flying one time at about 10', showing a friend about the drone, when I got one of those warnings and then had an UN-COMMANDED climb to about 30-35' and an UN-COMMANDED flight across the street, right into a tree, where it fell to concrete and broke the camera/gimbal.  I'm in the process of fixing it now.

Nope. Tried turning off my Bluetooth, then putting the phone on Airplane Mode, then connecting to the drone's WiFi, and still getting the "Strong interference" warnings; part of it is because I'm at home and near my home's WiFi, but still getting it.
2021-9-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

How far away from you was the drone when this happened?  
2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules