Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 USB
11187 33 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reckoner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1791768 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to say I have upgraded from the fantastic Phantom 4 to the Inspire 2 and what a jump it is.

I have had it a week and so far so good.

The packaging did not include the USB A to A cable (or probably more likely it was thrown away with the packaging!) which is needed for Assistant 2 connection. I bought another USB A to A lead (USB 3.0) and the computer is not detecting the Inspire 2. Yes i have the switch selected to computer and not mobile device on the switch on the Inspire 2 itself.

Does anyone know:-

1. Is there a specific DJI A to A USB that is required for use?
2. Can I buy it anywhere?
3. Or is it another common type of USB A to A that I haven't got?

For informaiton this was the USB cable I bought which doesn't appear to work.

USB from Maplin UK

Thanks again
Reckoner
2018-2-18
Use props
fansb1f12597
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424081 ft
  • >>>
United States

That cable should work fine. If Assistant 2 doesn't see the aircraft, unplug and replug or reboot the aircraft. It will eventually put a Inspire 2 tab on the screen to click on.
2018-2-18
Use props
fansb1f12597
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

One more thing... At times in the field you'll need to connect your aircraft to your mobile device. So USB type A to type C is what I use to connect the Galaxy Note 8, even though I use an IPad Pro 9.7 as a monitor.
2018-2-18
Use props
Reckoner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply's fansb1f12597.

I'll get one of those USB's for "In the Field" good tip!

However I spent all last night trying to get the inspire 2 to talk to Assistant 2 but got no where. I used 2 different Windows 10 PCs. Changed the device manager settings regarding the USB drivers and couldn't get anywhere.

I'm thinking its more to do with the PC not recognizing the Inspire 2 rather than Assistant 2 not connecting to the Inspire 2?
Anyone any ideas??

I'm pretty lost as i'd like to be able to check all the firmware and calibrations of the obstacle avoidance sensors.

Cheers
Reckoner
2018-2-19
Use props
fansb1f12597
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have updated firmware using my galaxy note 3 as well as my note 8 while in the field. Follow instructions when the go app says to connect your mobile device to the aircraft. At this point you'll still have your monitor on your controller. The phone will open the go app and take over the update at the aircraft. Don't give up. You'll get it.
2018-2-21
Use props
fansc1d67c14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47425 ft
United Kingdom

did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue.....
2018-4-23
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Did you try turning off Windows Defender?
2018-4-23
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let me know if you figure this out. I am on the latest version of Assistant 2 1.2.3 and my Inspire 2 and Mavic will not connect. It used to work just fine with my drones on the Win 10 PC, but now its a no go.  tried many things to get it working again, but nothing seemed to work.

I hope Mindy can tell us the solution
Rich
2018-4-23
Use props
Reckoner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

No i didn't get this to work after using 3 different PC's with windows 7 and 10. My inspire 2 is back with DJI but went back to Heliguy UK first. They have said that they successfully connected my Inspire 2 to their PC which is good news and must mean there is a PC setting some of us are missing.

Would be great to hear from DJI Mindy or anyone else who hve solved this issue
2018-4-24
Use props
rent
Captain
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Reckoner Posted at 2018-4-24 00:19
Hi everyone,

No i didn't get this to work after using 3 different PC's with windows 7 and 10. My inspire 2 is back with DJI but went back to Heliguy UK first. They have said that they successfully connected my Inspire 2 to their PC which is good news and must mean there is a PC setting some of us are missing.

Have you tried a different cable?
2018-4-24
Use props
Reckoner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Rent. Yes i tried a different USB cable. I should be getting my Inspire 2 back from DJI in a week or so and i'll try again when it gets back.

Reckoner
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Reckoner Posted at 2018-4-25 04:20
Hi Rent. Yes i tried a different USB cable. I should be getting my Inspire 2 back from DJI in a week or so and i'll try again when it gets back.

Reckoner

Ok. That's a pretty strange issue if you had tried multiple cables and multiple computers. Hope they'll sort this out for you.
2018-4-25
Use props
fans8eaa1373
lvl.4
Flight distance : 269163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue with me.  I cannot calibrate the vision positioning sensors because I cannot connect the Assistant 2 to the I2 despite trying different USB cables.
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans8eaa1373 Posted at 2018-4-25 13:05
Same issue with me.  I cannot calibrate the vision positioning sensors because I cannot connect the Assistant 2 to the I2 despite trying different USB cables.

What type of computer and operating system are you connecting to?
2018-4-25
Use props
fans8eaa1373
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MacOS High Sierra v 10.13.4
2018-4-26
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

fans8eaa1373 Posted at 2018-4-26 12:19
MacOS High Sierra v 10.13.4

Do you happen to have a MacBook or MacBook Pro with only Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C ports? If so, have you tried with a USB to USB-C adapter in conjunction with the double-ended USB-A cable that came with the I2?
2018-4-26
Use props
fans8eaa1373
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MacBook Pro OS High Sierra v 10.13.4
2018-4-26
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

You did flip the switch on the Inspire to the correct interface (up is tablet, down is PC)?
2018-4-26
Use props
fansa6d27b86
lvl.1

Italy

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue. No original USB cable and the one I purchased isn't working. On a 2018 Macbook Pro using a USB C to USB A converter.
2018-10-8
Use props
Marc Le Cornu
New

Jersey

fansa6d27b86 Posted at 10-8 19:02
Any update on this? I'm having the same issue. No original USB cable and the one I purchased isn't working. On a 2018 Macbook Pro using a USB C to USB A converter.
I have exactly the same issue!!
2018-11-16
Use props
JCFP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3681729 ft
United States

Same here, and my remote is saying I need to recalibrate the vision system. DJI, are you listening???
2018-11-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I was using Windows 10 64 Home edition and Assistant 2 downloads the update, but it doe not install it to the inspire 2.

However, I did the firmware update via an iPad Pro connected to the same Wi-Fi router and it took the update and installed fine.   Then I could use Windows 10 running Assistant 2 to do the VPS calibration with same USB cabling.

Very odd behavior.
2018-11-25
Use props
djiuser_HY63yZ32KvOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119764 ft
United States

Just going to add to this here because I spent the past week troubleshooting this, and JUST FIGURED IT OUT. I have an Inspire 2 that the DJI Assistant would not read, even though it WOULD read my Mavic 2 Pro (on both Windows and Mac). I didn't have the original USB-A to USB-A cable that came with the Inspire 2.... Also, my laptop is a 2017 MacBook Pro that only has USB C ports (no USB-A ports).

I THOUGHT that any USB-A to USB-C cable would work. Au contraire! Even the USB-A to USB-C cable provided with the Mavic 2 Pro did not work. No matter what I tried, the DJI Assistant 2 (V 1.2.4, which is the most current version for Mac as of mid-April 2019) would NOT register that I was plugging in an inspire 2. DJI customer service/troubleshooters wanted me to send the drone in because they thought the USB port on the drone was faulty. They did NOT suggest this solution to me, so here I give it to you:

Long story very short, use this cable with a USB-A to USB-C adapter: Amazon USB 3.0 A to A Male to Male cable MAKE SURE WHATEVER CABLE YOU USE IS USB 3.0 TECHNOLOGY!!! And that it's A to A, NOT A to C.

Link in full form: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0E3954/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Things that did not work:
I tried it on Mac, Windows, a second Mac. I updated my OS to High Sierra 10.13.6 (it was already running a very recent OS, so I don't think that made a difference). I installed, uninstalled, and installed the correct software version from the Inspire 2 page. I restarted the computer multiple times. Toggled the desktop/tablet switch back and forth on the Inspire. Turned the drone off and on. Tried three different different USB/USB-C cables. Went to best buy to buy a USB-A to USB-A cable with the idea I could try that in combination with a USB-A to USB-C adapter. That cable didn't work because it was USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0 (wasn't blue on the inside). The solution I tried above was literally a last ditch effort before sending it in... because why would ALL THOSE OTHER CABLES that apparently fit the bill not work?? But alas, that was the problem after all.
2019-4-12
Use props
Force Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11286 ft
United States

djiuser_HY63yZ32KvOT Posted at 4-12 17:27
Just going to add to this here because I spent the past week troubleshooting this, and JUST FIGURED IT OUT. I have an Inspire 2 that the DJI Assistant would not read, even though it WOULD read my Mavic 2 Pro (on both Windows and Mac). I didn't have the original USB-A to USB-A cable that came with the Inspire 2.... Also, my laptop is a 2017 MacBook Pro that only has USB C ports (no USB-A ports).

I THOUGHT that any USB-A to USB-C cable would work. Au contraire! Even the USB-A to USB-C cable provided with the Mavic 2 Pro did not work. No matter what I tried, the DJI Assistant 2 (V 1.2.4, which is the most current version for Mac as of mid-April 2019) would NOT register that I was plugging in an inspire 2. DJI customer service/troubleshooters wanted me to send the drone in because they thought the USB port on the drone was faulty. They did NOT suggest this solution to me, so here I give it to you:

THIS CORD WORKS! THANK YOU! I was able to connect my Inspire 2 to Assistant, refresh the firmware and calibrate the sensors.
2019-5-5
Use props
Corallus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7142365 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Solved with 2 old USB cable  cutting and soldering the 4 cable red,black,white,green.... and works fine
2019-9-1
Use props
djiuser_s95Orwxz8MFB
New

United States

My computer thinks the Inspire 2 is an EasySuite CD Drive.
2019-12-10
Use props
fans82a02d84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's what works for me on a 2018 MacBook Pro
- USB A to USB A cable plugged into Apple's USB A to USB C (actually Thuinderbolt 3) dongle
- Second KEY POINT - I have to disconnect my second monitor for assistant 2 to recognize the Inspire 2

Hope this helps someone/anyone
2020-1-21
Use props
Joecos
Captain
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I'm Glad I found this thread.  I will order that USB A to USB A (3.0) cable.  
2020-3-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 3-2 10:36
I'm Glad I found this thread.  I will order that USB A to USB A (3.0) cable.

I'm not sure if anybody above mention this, but ... Did you actually logged into Assistant with your DJI Account?
2020-3-2
Use props
Joecos
Captain
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 3-2 11:39
I'm not sure if anybody above mention this, but ... Did you actually logged into Assistant with your DJI Account?

Yes, I was logged in.
2020-3-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 3-2 12:27
Yes, I was logged in.

Huh, then the cable is a suspect, I guess. Personally I've found that Windows version of Assistant 2 software is more forgiving than on Macs, perhaps due to interface issues ...
2020-3-2
Use props
Joecos
Captain
United States

The cable from Amazon, as suggested by: djiuser_HY63yZ32KvOT   worked for me.  Assistant 2 found the connected inspire 2 and linked successfully.    Thank You!
2020-3-4
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2723 ft
United States

djiuser_s95Orwxz8MFB Posted at 2019-12-10 15:11
My computer thinks the Inspire 2 is an EasySuite CD Drive.

I'm having the same issue.  The EasySuite CD Drive connects to my Mac when plugging in the Inspire 2.  The assistant can't seem to find it.  Did you make progress on getting past this point?
2020-3-19
Use props
ThePHX
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_HY63yZ32KvOT Posted at 2019-4-12 17:27
Just going to add to this here because I spent the past week troubleshooting this, and JUST FIGURED IT OUT. I have an Inspire 2 that the DJI Assistant would not read, even though it WOULD read my Mavic 2 Pro (on both Windows and Mac). I didn't have the original USB-A to USB-A cable that came with the Inspire 2.... Also, my laptop is a 2017 MacBook Pro that only has USB C ports (no USB-A ports).

I THOUGHT that any USB-A to USB-C cable would work. Au contraire! Even the USB-A to USB-C cable provided with the Mavic 2 Pro did not work. No matter what I tried, the DJI Assistant 2 (V 1.2.4, which is the most current version for Mac as of mid-April 2019) would NOT register that I was plugging in an inspire 2. DJI customer service/troubleshooters wanted me to send the drone in because they thought the USB port on the drone was faulty. They did NOT suggest this solution to me, so here I give it to you:

YESSSS!!!!!! Even in 2023....the Amazon link works and the cable works! If you're ever in Houston area "djiuser_HY63yZ32KvOT" let me know, I owe you a six pack of beer at least.
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules