OTG Cable Explanation Needed
750 2 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkuser999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51890 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, this is another beginner question. The very first beginner videos that i watched mentioned using the OTG cable being used to fix the connection between the RC and mobile device, but im at a lost as to what the advantages are. People talk about lack of signal interference and smoother video, but what i dont get is this is just just signal between the phone and RC. So why would this affect the range of the drone. Also the video is recorded onto the sd card inside the drone and shouldnt be affected. Are we just talking about the lapses in the signal between the phone and RC? I never had a significant issue with this. When the im notified of a weak signal, im assuming this is the signal between the RC and the drone. Is this correct?
2018-2-18
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

well normally a usb device acts like a memory stick... if you try to hook two of them together an otg cable is needed, since one will need to be the controller.
I don't have a detailed explanation beyond that.
2018-2-18
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

oh yeah...in some countries phones do not have 5.8 GHz, so the phone talks wirelessy on the same channels that the RC to drone use... so this makes using the cable a little better.
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules