Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The spark is one tough Son of a Gun!!
1861 32 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

When I bought my Spark I did not get the refresh package. Never owned a drobe before and thought I would be quite easy in it. That is not the case. My very first flight was indoors and in under a minute it was spinning along my celing..hit a wall and came crashing down spitting out it's battery..it was fine.i thought I got lucky.a week later I did it again lol. No damage! Since then I have hit atleast 8+ more trees or grass or other obsticals..even one in sport mode. I don't remember how many props I've changed already but this thing just keeps on ticking! Hopefully I have learned a thing or two and the accidents are behind me for good. Anyway so far I'm super impressed and happy I bought the spark as a starter "Practice" drone. I'm sure in 6 months or so I'll be able to buy a replacement for $250 if and when i need one. Until then ill try to keep the #skyspy PROPS UP and flying straight lol. Ps: I'm in Canada and have only flown in winter and every crash was on snow or ice but next time im getting the refresh warranty.
Cheers SkySpy!
IMG_20180215_180213_587.jpg
2018-2-18
Use props
Elcalagu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2365 ft
Belgium

Having my spark just flew the first time this weekend, I really can't understand how you can crash it so many times?
2018-2-18
Use props
Leftyguy
Captain
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice shot. Maybe you should practice with a simulator.
2018-2-18
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

Nah I don't do video games. I live on the edge lol.
2018-2-18
Use props
Grmachine
Second Officer
United States

I've flown inside multiple times, slide the takeoff, Spark rises to about chest height and just sits there waiting for instructions. Tap a little stick and it moves let go, and it just sits and what's again.
Several people have posted about crashing inside, perhaps they are being too aggressive on the sticks in a small space.
2018-2-18
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

I couldn't say what happened but it was my first flight ever and I'll just keep the bird outside from now on. Plus the dog doesn't seem to like it lol.
2018-2-18
Use props
nmac
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

LOL.  i had a couple mishaps myself as the first one was due to a failed imu cal but it was not a crash but seemed like it wanted to take a nap on sofa. As it hit the back of it then tilted and shut off to have a nice sleep. The next time was hit wrong stick and way and hit a self  and even with guards broke two props. What it hit was a u shape and would have been ok but it tilted and the props hit self. and guards could not help but have gotten much better but this little guy keeps going.  if i was not having issues with health would have been much better flyer but i am trying my best. But outdoors has been very good as no issues now but had some at first.
2018-2-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great shot!
Hope you have a lot of safe flights!
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot and yep - it’s a very robust drone
2018-2-19
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Captain
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Hahaha brilliant! I'm happy i opted for my Syma XC-5 quadcopter to practice before buying the spark it really taught me alot!!! I would guess that the time i spent throwing sticks into big trees at the local park trying to recover the little fella must of been genuinely around 5 hours!!! I would not give up till it came crashing down to earth!!! I had one ridiculously close shave on my first test of sport mode near a tree that went over a stream, i basically didnt take into account the stopping distance mid air in sport mode..... I watched it coming to a stop midair in slow motion and ended up on a branch balancing above a probably 2 meter deep stream!!! Luckily plucked the Spark from the tree and had a stern word with myself!!!!
2018-2-19
Use props
BeastMaster_101
First Officer
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Nice shot but at least turn on the obstacle avoidance to at least avoid some of those crashes.
2018-2-19
Use props
Strobing_NYC
First Officer
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

So I have noticed the Spark will go into what's called Mode-A not ATTI mode but Mode-A when your flying with just the OPTI sensors. I was in a dense forest getting video of a water fall. Had it in tripod mode going nice and slow, all the sudden it pitches 35° forward and shots towards the waterfall! Oh sh$t came to mind. So WTH is Mode-A (found in flight log)
2018-2-19
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

I've had some weird behavior that resulted in 3 of the crashes. One all 4 led lights were solid red..I didn't realize it until after two crashes. It put itself into sport mode and did it's own thing. Small short bursts of sport mode.i could tell because the nose dipped down as it had a mind of its own. I believe that was Compaq calibration. One crash was wind while in reverse. Hopefully it's all out of my system now lol. One crash my map showed me in Germany while I was in Alberta Canada lol. Took off and remote barely worked so I put it in the weeds to prevent a fly away. I'm sure 99% my fault. This unit has been flawless for me I gotta say.
2018-2-19
Use props
Solestacz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

it is a rugged little machine, no doubt.
2018-2-19
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

I never crashed this day lol.
thumb_567a2507dfdd887a_1516230917000.jpg
2018-2-19
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

Ugh nevermind..blurry pic. Dammit lol
2018-2-19
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

That's better!
IMG_20180126_130803_981.jpg
2018-2-19
Use props
DPJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

I have to say, I love your honesty and you've given a good chuckle or two. Keep flying, keep telling your stories, keep taking great pictures
2018-2-19
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

Thanks DPJ!! Keep it props up!
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

glad to hear you love your spark as much as i do.  Nice picture by the way
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

nice picture and thanks for sharing
2018-2-19
Use props
escore
First Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Nice picture!
2018-2-19
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

Well....my luck ran out this afternoon. Had a compass error and I couldn't get in for a landing quick enough. It flew away into a tree. Broke 3 out of 4 props and got a broken arm. My reckless ways caught up! It landed in waist deep snow and I almost gave up finding it after an extensive search. As I stood and pondered leaving I could hear the humming and made eye contact. Looks like I'll be sending it away for repair. It was my fault. Live and learn. Got a few cool pics before it crashed tho.
20180228_153125.jpg
20180228_153139.jpg
DJI_0233.JPG
2018-2-28
Use props
DPJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

Gutted dude, at least you got a final decent photo
2018-3-1
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

I know I'm so sad it's just starting to warm up here!!! But I got in touch with a repair shop so hoping for a quick turnaround. I was just getting in the groove too. Thanks! I got another cool one just before as well.
DJI_0201.JPG
2018-3-1
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

finally, someone who crashes as much as I do!

I'm only up to 3, but there's still time to catch up!
2018-3-1
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I've crashed a few times myself, due to my fault. Luckily I had the prop guards on, although I did lose a prop somewhere in my grass. Come springtime the lawnmower will find it.. Been lucky so far and haven't really damaged it, but just in case, I do have the refresh. It is a tough little drone though.

Great shots btw, and sorry to see the damage to yours.
2018-3-1
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

Got my Spark back. 13 day round trip. So I just switched to my old phone my samgsung s5 to pair with my remote. Everything seems to be good as new!
2018-3-15
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

Successful test flight today
IMG_20180315_154231_689.jpg
2018-3-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great picture. I crashed my Phatom 3 Standard a couple times when starting out with drones, but that piece of equipment was not as tough.

EDIT: didn't see the last post. Sorry for your loss  
2018-3-15
Use props
SkyySpyy
Second Officer
Canada

I'm going to be a little kinder to the Bird this time around. Not as much stunting and a little more slow and steady lol.
2018-3-16
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Treat her gently now, she may be feeling a little fragile. You have some great images there and if you treat her well then there will be lots more to come, I particularly like the contre-jour  one at the beginning.
2018-3-16
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Captain
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

The tripod mode is a good feature for learning. It won't fly fast. It moves pretty slowly.
Even indoor you can use it, the sensors are turned on (tripod mode) it won´t be able to pass throught tight places. It won´t let you crash.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules