DJI Assistant software not seeing Phantom on 3 different computers
1656 13 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlcraggs
New

Canada

Hi all.

Just bought a Phantom 2/H4-3D unit. I believe the H4-3D needs to be calibrated. It is always pointed down at an appropximate 45 degree angle and can't be tilted up any further. Either way, that's not why I'm writing.

I downloaded the Assistant softare for my iMac with the latest OSX. Started it up, plugged in the Phantom 2, turned it, turned on the remote, and... nothing. The blue and red buttons on the bottom of the software screen don't light up and the MODE says N/A. Tried for about a hour. No luck.

Then I installed the softare on my Macbook. Same deal, not recognizing the Phantom. Plugged it in, started software, turned on Phantom, nothing.

Maybe it's a Mac thing, I thought. So I tried it on a Windows PC... still nothing.

So three systems, two Mac and one Windows system, and no matter how many times I try to get it going, the Phantom isn't being recognized.

I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? Could it be something buggy with the Phantom itself? Is there an obvious step I'm missing?
2015-5-1
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Are you plugging the usb cord into the camera or in the front of the Phantom under the rubber flap?
2015-5-1
Use props
mlcraggs
New

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-2 00:04
Are you plugging the usb cord into the camera or in the front of the Phantom under the rubber flap?

Yes indeed. I am.
2015-5-1
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Into the camera OR into the front of the Phantom under the rubber flap?  Which place?
2015-5-1
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

many usb cords will work to charge but not for data etc, They also go bad easy

try another usb cord if not done already
2015-5-1
Use props
mlcraggs
New

Canada

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-2 03:49
Into the camera OR into the front of the Phantom under the rubber flap?  Which place?

Into the Phantom. I have a H4-3D and a GoPro, not a Vision, so no way to choose the wrong port... unless I plugged it into the GoPro, I suppose
2015-5-1
Use props
mlcraggs
New

Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-5-2 04:28

try another usb cord ...

Will do. Will go buy another one and give it a shot.
2015-5-1
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

If you replace the portable sub cord and that doesn't work. You may need to replace the USB plug / cable unit on the quad. To find out if it is the problem you can get one of eBay for around 10 bucks. Pull the lid and unplug the USB cable from the Master Controler and then try the new cable/plug unit. If it work then you can take out the old one and replace it. Has two small screw holding it and the cable is stuck to the camera cable with silicone so be careful in removing it. Good luck!
2015-5-1
Use props
mlcraggs
New

Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-5-2 04:28

try another usb cord ...

Solved. A new USB cord did the trick.

Thanks Kirk and thanks everyone else who took the time to respond.
2015-5-2
Use props
mlcraggs
New

Canada

Solved. A new USB cord did the trick.

Thanks Kirk and thanks everyone else who took the time to respond. Its much appreciated.
2015-5-2
Use props
westland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3484 ft
United States

I've had my Phantom for about 9 months now, and use it along with a number of DIY APM2.6 controller quads and tricopters.    Generally, the Naza controller provides pretty good performance out of the box, BUT  (and this is a big BUT) Naza Assistant is very disappointing, and communications are hit or miss.  I've had long periods where the Naza will just not connect with the Naza Assistant on either a Mac or PC, and then for no reason, will connect (nothing to do with the cable, maybe drivers, I don't know).  I've never had similar problems on the 3DRobotics APM controller ... both Mission Planner and APM Planner have much nicer interfaces, and as a big plus, allow settings through telemetry.   I don't understand why DJI doesn't put a little bit of money and effort into getting a decent software app for their drones -- especially since they demand that all of the GPS and magnetometer setup be conducted through a USB connected app.   Anyway, for now, I like the DJI hardware well enough, but the software would keep me from buying another DJI product.  
2015-5-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

westland@uic.ed Posted at 2015-5-10 01:38
I've had my Phantom for about 9 months now, and use it along with a number of DIY APM2.6 controller  ...

You couldn't have said it better. can't wait for the Solo. 3DR has quite a bit of software out there and according to their engineers it works on all there current and future hardware.
2015-5-9
Use props
cdugger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

Where do you get this assistant software and what is is supposed to do for you?

Thanks
2016-3-18
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

If you are getting intermittent connections with the PC and the assistant then their is an. Issue. I myself have several phantoms and have fiends that have several also. We can all connect anytime we plug is. I would check the cable and or plugs. What you are experiencing is. Ot the norm.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules