1291 11 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epetit91_djiuser
Second Officer
France

Hello everybody,

I bought the Goggles for my P4P.
My RC is not equipped with the HDMI module and I asked myself the following question (certainly stupid but I ask it anyway):
Is it possible at the output of the RC to connect a USB HUB on which I connect my iPad and my Goggles?
Has anyone ever tried and what is the result?
If this is not possible, I will have no choice but to equip my RC with an HDMI module.
Thanks for your help.
Eric

2018-2-18
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, it is not possible. Do a search and read here about the HDMI module. I've not seen the best of reviews about it.

Jeff
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Eric, I'm sorry to tell you that it is not available to connect the iPad and Goggles via USB at the same time. HDMI module is recommended.
2018-2-26
Use props
Quantummist
lvl.1
United States

Well I upgraded my P4P controller with the HDMI Module and bought me a new set of DJI Goggles...   Might I say I'm PO'ed that the Goggles do not come with a cable to connect the Goggles to the HDMI Module...

Really Folks....  Why would you not include a Mini to Micro USB cable with the goggles?   or at least an adapter for the full size HDMI cable to micro HDMI cable you do include?  To me that makes absolutely No Sense ..  So now I have had to wait 3 days to get one from Amazon ...   
2018-2-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Quantummist Posted at 2018-2-26 13:38
Well I upgraded my P4P controller with the HDMI Module and bought me a new set of DJI Goggles...   Might I say I'm PO'ed that the Goggles do not come with a cable to connect the Goggles to the HDMI Module...

Really Folks....  Why would you not include a Mini to Micro USB cable with the goggles?   or at least an adapter for the full size HDMI cable to micro HDMI cable you do include?  To me that makes absolutely No Sense ..  So now I have had to wait 3 days to get one from Amazon ...

That is odd. Both the HDMI cable and USB cable came with my Goggles.

Jeff
2018-2-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is what was included with my set of Goggles. The HDMI Cable has a 90 degree that faces the back, and the clip keeps it out of the way. This all came in the box.

Jeff
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-18 14:58
No, it is not possible. Do a search and read here about the HDMI module. I've not seen the best of reviews about it.

Jeff

I have the module and it works fine for me.  I am running the latest FW on my Phantom 4 Pro, the latest update to IOS and the latest DJI Go 4 version.  There are threads here with people reporting issues but I have not had those problems.  I have successfully used the HDMI module to output to a set of Far Shark goggles, a computer monitor and today tested it with a Samsung TV.  I do not own a set of DJI goggles so I can not comment about how they work with a controller with the HDMI module installed.

ETA:  Jeff, How are you using your DJI goggles today if you don't have the module?  With a different DJI drone?  If you decide to get the HDMI module I would like to know how you like them.  I have read things from people using them with the Mavic line but not much from Phantom 4 Pro users.  Thanks in advance.
2018-2-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-2-26 15:39
I have the module and it works fine for me.  I am running the latest FW on my Phantom 4 Pro, the latest update to IOS and the latest DJI Go 4 version.  There are threads here with people reporting issues but I have not had those problems.  I have successfully used the HDMI module to output to a set of Far Shark goggles, a computer monitor and today tested it with a Samsung TV.  I do not own a set of DJI goggles so I can not comment about how they work with a controller with the HDMI module installed.

I have both the standard and + controllers. Using the USB connection with the Pro+ controller you can control the gimbal or fly the aircraft with the Goggles in tandem with the Go 4 app. You can also use the HDMI to view FPV. On the + controller the image you see is exactly the same as what is displayed on the Go app on the built in display.

Jeff
2018-2-26
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As you can see, the + controller gives you the ability to connect the Goggles either way. Using the USB cable you get gimbal and acft control, along with intelligent flight control. Using HDMI, you get FPV and that’s all.

Jeff
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-26 16:25
As you can see, the + controller gives you the ability to connect the Goggles either way. Using the USB cable you get gimbal and acft control, along with intelligent flight control. Using HDMI, you get FPV and that’s all.
[view_image]

Ah.  Got it.  Thanks for the info.  I wonder if using the Phantom 4 Pro RC with the HDMI renders the same image with the same OSD as in the Go 4 application in the DJI goggles?  That is one thing I have been a little disappointed with the Fat Shark/HDMI module combo, the video is fine but OSD/telemetry  is much more primitive.  It is definitely functional but I assumed incorrectly that i would see through the Fat Shark goggles exactly what I was seeing on my iOS device.

Thanks again for the response.
2018-2-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its deffo not the same as the USB telemetry but not overly primitive, there is always the Nvidia Shield K1 option, that has HDMI output, the app keeps running and its mirrored on to the goggles, problem there is you dont have the options to control the craft (head tracking etc)
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-26 21:17
Its deffo not the same as the USB telemetry but not overly primitive, there is always the Nvidia Shield K1 option, that has HDMI output, the app keeps running and its mirrored on to the goggles, problem there is you dont have the options to control the craft (head tracking etc)

Thanks for the information/response.  I hope to run in to someone locally that has a pair of DJI goggles so I can see how they work.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules