Photo Mapping Mission - How to Export Map
8715 9 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Is there anyway to export the finished, composite map in Ground Station Pro when using the new Photo Mapping feature. I created and flew a Photo Mapping feature and then let the program create the finished map but it appears that you can only view it in Ground Station Pro. I don't see any way to export the file and it doesn't show up in my Photos. Am I missing something?
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

No, you are not missing something. Unfortunately, you would not be able to export.
2018-2-19
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Okay, I do appreciate your reply. I'm confused about what value this feature adds, especially since it only gives you 5 composites for free. But now that I know, I can move on. Thank you.
2018-2-19
Use props
TerraSense
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218294 ft

We find this to be extremely valuable and not offered by any other flight apps as a totally offline system. We start with the in-field basemap creation then we set up waypoint missions to target features visible in the orthomosaic. The stitching quality isn't great but it does the job for us. $300 to add it to GS Pro.
2018-4-20
Use props
jmichaelodell99
New

You download the composite map from an iPad using the backup explorer in the mac application iExplorer but the resolution is very low.
2018-6-10
Use props
fans56d1c2f7
lvl.1

how to export composite map from an iPad from dji gs pro?
2018-8-9
Use props
Drone52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228888 ft
United States

What aircraft are you using?

2018-9-21
Use props
fans1ecb5eda
New
Flight distance : 2972526 ft
United Kingdom

TerraSense Posted at 2018-4-20 11:16
We find this to be extremely valuable and not offered by any other flight apps as a totally offline system. We start with the in-field basemap creation then we set up waypoint missions to target features visible in the orthomosaic. The stitching quality isn't great but it does the job for us. $300 to add it to GS Pro.

I understand what Cobra44Magnum is saying. How is it useful if you can't export the finished product and send to the client?
2018-10-31
Use props
Tim Sisson
lvl.1

United States

I completely agree.  For best results, off-load the high resolution photos and then import them into a real Photomosaic Software Package and then you can produce the product for your customer.  And you can do this for a lot less money than $300...   Had I been able to export the finished maps, I may have paid the $300 just for the convenience and reduction in post processing after the fact...  No sale here...  
2020-3-13
Use props
Craig Colson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499839 ft
United States

Tim Sisson Posted at 3-13 10:56
I completely agree.  For best results, off-load the high resolution photos and then import them into a real Photomosaic Software Package and then you can produce the product for your customer.  And you can do this for a lot less money than $300...   Had I been able to export the finished maps, I may have paid the $300 just for the convenience and reduction in post processing after the fact...  No sale here...

Anybody have a good solution Photomosaic Software that will work to render a photo map with up to 1000 pictures?
2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules