3229 27 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6d935bed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418284 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updating firmware was interuppted. Now the Spark does not show up in Assistant at all.  Remote doesn't see the bird.  Is there a
way to update the firmware the old way using a file on the SD card?  2 different computers with different versions of Assistant
and they just do not see the craft at all.   Tried using the IPad but if the controller doesn't see the craft how can it update????
So does it have to go to DJI?

2018-2-18
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you are not the only one!
2018-2-19
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

happened to me before.  (about 1 week after I got the spark !!!).

I had to lodge a claim with DJI support and it was replaced under warranty

Does it just flash and nothing else happens ?  
2018-2-19
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-2-19 01:57
happened to me before.  (about 1 week after I got the spark !!!).

I had to lodge a claim with DJI support and it was replaced under warranty

Yeh, front 2 are red, back 2 flash yellow. No connection except the computers see the card.
Nothing else, so the port is working just no access to the firmware.  I bought this from a
place and then bought all the "extras" from DJI. It worked great till the "interruption".
2018-2-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Was it a FW update or a NFZ database Update?
2018-2-19
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-2-19 06:52
Was it a FW update or a NFZ database Update?

It was firmware. The NFZ update had popped up but I chose to ignore and went ahead with the firmware
and it was "interrupted" my fault.  I've had Phantom 1 & 2 that were updated by SD card so I was wondering if that was an option as it is not being recognized by Assistant.
2018-2-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pootercat Posted at 2018-2-19 06:59
It was firmware. The NFZ update had popped up but I chose to ignore and went ahead with the firmware
and it was "interrupted" my fault.  I've had Phantom 1 & 2 that were updated by SD card so I was wondering if that was an option as it is not being recognized by Assistant.

Normally the FW update does not take effect until the reboot. If its not all there you can just try again.

Yours sounds like the problem that some of us have updating the NFZ with the new Assistant 2 app required for the Mavic Air. It bricked my Spark just like yours. Its now in the mail to DJI.

It looks like NFZ updates are not as robust as far as interruptions as FW.

I will only do NFZ updates via the App now.

Cheers Brian
2018-2-19
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

You can update via app pretty fast. Personally I never used Assistant for updating the firmware.
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

my theary, is the DJI Assitant should be avoided as i've experience and heard nothing but issues with using it.  I use my Iphone 6s and wifi to my spark, to conduct all firmware updates and have had zero issues.  Sorry to hear that your spark is now bricked.  Have you tried the firmware update via the app?
2018-2-19
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-2-19 10:10
my theary, is the DJI Assitant should be avoided as i've experience and heard nothing but issues with using it.  I use my Iphone 6s and wifi to my spark, to conduct all firmware updates and have had zero issues.  Sorry to hear that your spark is now bricked.  Have you tried the firmware update via the app?

Yes, but the craft will never connect to the app or controller. So updating it that way is a no go also.
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Pootercat Posted at 2018-2-19 10:42
Yes, but the craft will never connect to the app or controller. So updating it that way is a no go also.

sorry to hear that. Hope you get this resolved soon.
2018-2-19
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-2-19 10:10

I bricked mine using the phone and was told you should always do it via DJI assistant.  Lol.  
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-2-19 11:31
I bricked mine using the phone and was told you should always do it via DJI assistant.  Lol.

well my experience says otherwise .. LOL
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please try to reset the spark by long pressing 3-9 seconds and see if there is any sound. Please update the drone again if you can link the spark. If you reset the drone and fail to search the wifi of spark, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Please export the update log according to the path:  C:/Users/XXXXXXXX/AppData/Romaing/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-22
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-22 00:44
Hi, there. Please try to reset the spark by long pressing 3-9 seconds and see if there is any sound. Please update the drone again if you can link the spark. If you reset the drone and fail to search the wifi of spark, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Please export the update log according to the path:  C:/Users/XXXXXXXX/AppData/Romaing/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log. Thanks for your support.

I have tried the long reset.  There is NO response at all. No beeps, no activity, nothing.  The unit turns on
and after all flashing red it settles in to front red and rear yellow flashing.  No combination of holding buttons, etc. does anything. I have researched ALL possibilities and have requested a repair ticket.
I remember the Phantom 2 days with the .bin files on SD cards to update and thought that may be an option but sadly no.  Thanks for the replies however.
2018-2-22
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

Mine did the same it bricked no beeps no matter how long i held it. Had to send in they sent me new drone
2018-2-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can always do a hard reset?
2018-2-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU Posted at 2018-2-22 15:04
Mine did the same it bricked no beeps no matter how long i held it. Had to send in they sent me new drone

It should run the first time.
2018-2-22
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-22 15:07
You can always do a hard reset?

And a hard reset is what?  Understand there is NO function whatsoever. No beeps no connection, nothing
so what does a HARD RESET involve?  I even tried putting the 1.04 update on the SD card as a .bin file and apparently they don't support that way of updating firmware now. So it goes back to DJI. Boxed and ready to send. Unless you have a way of "injecting" the bootstrap firmware that  I don't know about then this is
the ONLY way of getting it  fixed.  Frustrated YES!!!! Thank goodness I have a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 4 Pro to fall back on.  Really sucks when there probably is a way of "refreshing" the firmware without having
to send it back.  And the NLD approach didn't work either.............$28 wasted
2018-2-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pootercat Posted at 2018-2-22 16:02
And a hard reset is what?  Understand there is NO function whatsoever. No beeps no connection, nothing
so what does a HARD RESET involve?  I even tried putting the 1.04 update on the SD card as a .bin file and apparently they don't support that way of updating firmware now. So it goes back to DJI. Boxed and ready to send. Unless you have a way of "injecting" the bootstrap firmware that  I don't know about then this is
the ONLY way of getting it  fixed.  Frustrated YES!!!! Thank goodness I have a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 4 Pro to fall back on.  Really sucks when there probably is a way of "refreshing" the firmware without having

Reset your device, remote, and batteries, etc.
2018-2-23
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-23 07:03
Reset your device, remote, and batteries, etc.

Reset how?  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, held buttons for 2 minutes.  It doesn't matter, there is no connection between the drone and the app or Assistant. It is unresponsive to anything.  After you power it on it flashes all red for a minute then the front 2 stay red and the back 2 flash yellow.  Holding the power button does NOTHING at any point in the power up. No beeps, zilch. I left it sitting till the battery was half gone and tried things the entire time. NOTHING.  The app with controller does not see the drone.  The Assistant program does not see the drone. (2 different computers)  Hell I even tried to connect the drone to the Iphone directly, NOPE, no go. When I said "bricked" that is what it is.  I'm not stupid here, I've owned P1 / (2) P2 / P3P / P4P / Mavic Pro / Spark / Goggles. If you have a way of making the drone "visible" to anything then TELL me.  Thanks for the responses ........
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Pootercat Posted at 2018-2-22 04:51
I have tried the long reset.  There is NO response at all. No beeps, no activity, nothing.  The unit turns on
and after all flashing red it settles in to front red and rear yellow flashing.  No combination of holding buttons, etc. does anything. I have researched ALL possibilities and have requested a repair ticket.
I remember the Phantom 2 days with the .bin files on SD cards to update and thought that may be an option but sadly no.  Thanks for the replies however.

I believe that our support can help you deal with it. Please inform us if you need help.
2018-2-27
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 03:37
I believe that our support can help you deal with it. Please inform us if you need help.

It is on the way to your Texas repair site. So I will be paying to have it fixed or "replaced" as any time I have sent something in it was exchanged not repaired. I hope the replacement  lasts longer than the first one.
Thanks to all for the replies and help.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Pootercat Posted at 2018-2-27 04:47
It is on the way to your Texas repair site. So I will be paying to have it fixed or "replaced" as any time I have sent something in it was exchanged not repaired. I hope the replacement  lasts longer than the first one.
Thanks to all for the replies and help.

You are welcome. Please feel free to inform us if you need help, thanks for your support.
2018-2-27
Use props
Pootercat
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 20:23
You are welcome. Please feel free to inform us if you need help, thanks for your support.

Sent it in after getting a call tag.  Back within 2 weeks.  And NO charge.  Under warranty.  The replacement
is in good shape. Considering all the money I've spent with DJI I'm a happy camper.  Replacement works fine.  Thanks DJI..........
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Pootercat Posted at 2018-3-9 16:23
Sent it in after getting a call tag.  Back within 2 weeks.  And NO charge.  Under warranty.  The replacement
is in good shape. Considering all the money I've spent with DJI I'm a happy camper.  Replacement works fine.  Thanks DJI..........

Glad to hear that. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-13
Use props
fans2d826a41
New

Australia

Yep I updated the firmeware and it also bricked my Mini 2. Sent in for warranty and they want $$$ after the broke my drone with software.
2023-9-27
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

I see that I am in good company. I just sent mine back to DJI Texas and DJI is apparently supposed to fix the drone if its a software issue at no charge. Thats what they told me when I called them prior to shipping.

I heard from DJI service and they advised it would be a $210 charge to fix it. The reason is that they said I did not buy it from the US and that I wold have to send it to the DJI facility in the country I bought it for a warranty repair. I advised them I did but it in the US via the DJI store. I gave them the receipt for same. They are now uploading the updated information to their service department and they advised 24 to 48 hours before they make a determination.

I agree, there should be a back door to get into the firmware via a factory reset of some sort. Makes you afraid to do an update.

By the way, I updated mine via the DJI Go 4 software which advised me that the update was required.
Same thing previously reported with the lights, Red and blinking yellow. No beeps and no connectivity with the DJI Assistant 2 software.
I could not reset the drone manually.

The adventure continues. I will let you know what DJI says!
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules