Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Regulation for Drone Flying in Japan for Tourists?
11754 12 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jashjacob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 296089 ft
India

Hey guys! I recently got myself a Mavic Air. I will be flying to Japan in the month of april. I would like to know if it's OK for tourists to fly the drone inside the city(tokyo) and nearby Mt.Fuji ?

What are things I need to know before flying? Is it a no fly zone?
2018-2-18
Use props
kcaluwae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92667 ft
Belgium

Just as jashjacob I'm looking for information.

I found this : http://www.mlit.go.jp/en/koku/uas.html

Would be helpful if somebody that actually flew a drone in Japan could shed some extra light about how they experienced the regulations.
2018-3-3
Use props
jashjacob
lvl.3
India

kcaluwae Posted at 2018-3-3 02:46

Thank you! That's perfectly what I was looking for.
2018-3-3
Use props
Vlas
Captain
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

A great app for Japan is called Drone Map. I highly recommend it.
2018-6-19
Use props
Aerofish
New
Cyprus

Hey, how was your Japan trip? Managed to fly there?
2018-6-27
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

jashjacob Posted at 2018-3-3 02:51
Thank you! That's perfectly what I was looking for.[view_image]

thanks for the kind sharing
2018-7-19
Use props
jashjacob
lvl.3
India

Aerofish Posted at 2018-6-27 02:24
Hey, how was your Japan trip? Managed to fly there?

It was a great trip. I flew it around Mt.Fuji! No issues there! I did not use it in Tokyo.
2018-8-16
Use props
djiuser_3eklhKNJGdRQ
New

Malaysia

Hi jash...

Same like me but I fly to japan December. Just wanna ask.. Do you apply the permit?
2018-11-21
Use props
Mue
lvl.1

Japan

To fly in any city area in Japan, you have to submit a flight plan and request for the area you will fly.  Approval can take up to a month, so submit in advance.  You pick a date and timeframe you wish to fly and will receive approval in written form, detailing the date and hours approved "If Approved".  Recently in Japan, there have been accidents or people flying where they are unauthorized, so high probability approval for anywhere in the City, will be disapproved.  Flying at Mt. Fuji is prohibited.  No flying, and no approval for such flight.  You can fly away from Fuji and still get some awesome shots.  No license or registration required in Japan, YET, but you must abide by all preset guidelines for drone flight.  Recommend you look it up online.  No Night Flying in Japan, and NO dropping anything from a drone period.  I live and fly in Japan.
2020-1-25
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Captain
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

kcaluwae Posted at 2018-3-3 02:46

Thanks for valuable information.
2020-5-2
Use props
Shikoku4K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22293 ft
Japan

This is now way way out of date, now all drones over 100 grams need to be registered in Japan with Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.

Having just gone through the process I may be able to guide any tourists (I live in Japan) who want to fly their drones here.
2022-10-21
Use props
yoengel
First Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Shikoku4K Posted at 10-21 04:09
This is now way way out of date, now all drones over 100 grams need to be registered in Japan with Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.

Having just gone through the process I may be able to guide any tourists (I live in Japan) who want to fly their drones here.

Hi, I'm visiting Kyoto, Yamanashi and Tokyo in March/April.  Would appreciate any English info or links on drone rules and maps.
2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_RbEp2WI4hUV5
New

United States

Shikoku4K Posted at 2022-10-21 04:09

Hi,

I sent you a PM for assistance on how to move my registration application forward.  I do have a Part-107 license and a few DJI drones to choose from to bring along with me on my Japan trip.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules