S1000 A2 Lightbridge iOSD MK 2 question
4484 11 2014-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richardhuison
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54455 ft

United Kingdom

Im going slowly through my S1000 build and need clarification on if i need the Lightbridge and iOSD MK2 to acheive my goal?

I would like to have a Pilot camera but with the ability to switch to the Gimbal Camera. Can this be done with the Lightbridge or do i need to use the iOSD MK2 as this has two Video inputs? and can both work on the same platform?

Hope you guys can help?

Rich
2014-10-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will need an HD gimbal to achieve this.. Then you will use the Lightbridge app to change from HD gimbal to HDMI or AV.
2014-10-29
Use props
richardhuison
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Blade, Ill be getting the GH4 Gimbal soon
2014-11-2
Use props
justin.rose
New

United States

You can also run the GH4 on LB and then run your FPV through the 5.8ghz transmitter and use 2 monitors.

My current set up is the S1000, A2, Data Link 900 mhz, Lightbridge, GH4, Hero3+ for FPV and 5.8ghz video transmitter for FPV.

You have to run a micro HDMI cable direct from your GH4 to your LB air module which means you lose 360 degree gimbal control. Keep that in mind when making the decision to use LB. Running video feed through your gimbal to LB will result in a horrible image that is next to unusable.
2014-11-3
Use props
richardhuison
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If using a LB and HD Gimbal why the need to run a separate cable?
2014-11-5
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have great performance running my Lightbridge through the gh4hd gimbal, as many others do.  You should NOT be running a separate hdmi cable on an HD gimbal, defeats the whole reason for an HD gimbal. I have taken my s900 and s1000 out over 1.5km using this setup.
2014-11-5
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-6 00:48
I have great performance running my Lightbridge through the gh4hd gimbal, as many others do.  You sh ...

Blade, can we use the iOSD mark 2 to switch videos from HD to FPV AV using a 3 position switch on the TX?
2015-2-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No but when using the lightbridge you can use the app to switch from hd or hdmi/av input.
2015-2-3
Use props
Tech49
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Blade are you using Lightbridge for control as well?
2015-2-3
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I know this thread is kind of old, but I'm curious of how Richard solved his problem. I would like to do the similar thing with my S1000; with the lightbridge and all. But I don't want to switch between the video feeds every time I need to see where I'm flying. Have I understood this correctly? Or can the pilot and the camera operator have two separat feeds simultaneously with the lightbridge?  Thanks.
2015-8-24
Use props
richardhuison
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mr.buGSy Posted at 2015-8-24 20:25
I know this thread is kind of old, but I'm curious of how Richard solved his problem. I would like t ...

HI Bud,

For you to do this you will need two lightbridge units at the base station end
2015-8-28
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

richardhuison@y Posted at 2015-8-28 19:28
HI Bud,

For you to do this you will need two lightbridge units at the base station end

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Isn't it better to use a basic FPV gear with cam and TX  for the pilot? For that price I could even get a head tracker and a gimbal for the FPV cam.

[EDIT]

Just got through with DJI support, they've cleared the matter for me. The Lightbridge TX is capable of sending two video feeds simultaneously. You just need a seccond RX. Thanks.
2015-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules