Spark Navigation System Error, Check Redundancy State
20593 25 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJL
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi.. I just got this 4 RED LED permanent lighted after the spark was on and Navigation System Error, Check Redundancy State message on the screen. Can't receive GPS signal too. The spark can't lift off at all even in ATTI mode. Steps I've done so far:

1. Downgrade/Upgrade the Spark firmware via DJI assistant 2. Now the spark installed with the latest firmware.
2. Reset back to factory setting.
3. Recalibrated the IMU and Compass at the open field.
4. Place the spark at the open field for 10 mins and still cannot receive any gps signal.
5. Setting not in Beginner Mode

Still can't fly the drone after all the above were done.

What  causes the error and what should I do next?
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi TJL! May we know when you started having this issue?
Please provide us screenshots of the error message you see for further investigation.
Thank you.
2018-2-19
Use props
TJL
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi DJI Diana, thank you for your prompt reply. It happened on the 15th February 2018.

Thank you
2018-2-20
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

it must be a SHE Spark ;)
You did not spend valentine days with her, so now angry mode. buy a new skin, or new filters and it will go away ;)
2018-2-20
Use props
TJL
lvl.1
Malaysia

KREMi Posted at 2018-2-20 01:47
it must be a SHE Spark ;)
You did not spend valentine days with her, so now angry mode. buy a new skin, or new filters and it will go away ;)

Maybe you were right after all
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi TJL
Did you encounter any hard landings or crashes recently?
2018-2-20
Use props
TJL
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-20 17:50
Hi TJL
Did you encounter any hard landings or crashes recently?

It slipped and dropped from the table about 2 feet high.
2018-2-21
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I've read the magnometers can stick if you drop/crash. There's a post somewhere showing how to tap them free.
If not, DJI job. Any crash can cause or store up trouble.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TJL Posted at 2018-2-21 04:23
It slipped and dropped from the table about 2 feet high.

TJL, since your drone crashed before, I would recommend you flash the firmware and see if the message disappear. If not, please send it back for further check. Here is the link for your to contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-21
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any luck with your "she" spark and did she calm down. Hope you get your quadcopter back into the air soon without issue and did hear any snaps when it dropped on to the ground.
2018-2-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-2-21 05:18
I've read the magnometers can stick if you drop/crash. There's a post somewhere showing how to tap them free.
If not, DJI job. Any crash can cause or store up trouble.

Any link to that? Would be interesting reading.
I did some degaussing before, but compass being MEMS it seems it also needs some mechanical love sometimes.
2018-2-23
Use props
TJL
lvl.1
Malaysia

DrohneMann Posted at 2018-2-23 06:42
Any luck with your "she" spark and did she calm down. Hope you get your quadcopter back into the air soon without issue and did hear any snaps when it dropped on to the ground.

Just send back for repair today.
2018-3-1
Use props
Rodrigo_200
New
Argentina

I had the same problem, as in my country there is no Dji support (I am from Argentina) repair the Spark myself by changing the GPS card.
2018-3-19
Use props
Rodrigo_200
New
Argentina

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spa ... :g:KqgAAOSwiBJaStVL
2018-3-19
Use props
rafaelduarte
New
Brazil

did you solve your problem? how?
2018-9-11
Use props
HADV Flycam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36093 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

In order to fix this I had to change another GPS module.
I fix drone in Hanoi Vietnam.
2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_Kzi8cr5ZsVXF
New
Flight distance : 128 ft
Indonesia

What happend, no crash no hard landed everhing is good and then navigation error, anyone can help me to solve this problem? I cant give back for repair, im on vacation
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_hdX291rLAmD7
New

Switzerland

Rodrigo_200 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:41
I had the same problem, as in my country there is no Dji support (I am from Argentina) repair the Spark myself by changing the GPS card.

Hi
I crashed my spark and had this problem too, does your drone work after changing the module?
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_hdX291rLAmD7
New

Switzerland

TJL Posted at 2018-3-1 01:57
Just send back for repair today.

Have the same problem, how much did the repair cost?
2019-3-6
Use props
bwery
lvl.1

United States

Can someone post the link on how to tap the compass free if its stuck? I have the same navigation error after getting it back from getting it fixed. It didnt have the error when I sent it in so maybe it was dropped during the shipping. Any help would be appreciated as my sparks been down for a couple months.
2019-8-21
Use props
EBINHO MAVIC PRÓ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2074505 ft

Rodrigo_200 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:46
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spark-Drone-GPS-Module-OEM-Replacement-Parts/152849807701?epid=10012343699&hash=item23968ef955:g:KqgAAOSwiBJaStVL

Vc conseguiu resolver seu problema com spark trocando a peça?
2019-9-11
Use props
djiuser_r2bK8U7tK87V
New

Turkey

Merhabalar djı spark kullanıcısının ve hiçbir yerde GPS i görmüyor ve bu sorunları veriyor
2020-7-2
Use props
fans6f4c4b0e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157766 ft
South Africa

Hi dji...iam suffering the same problems with error message and downward vision sensore error. However this after a crash...which I need to ask for so clarity on. While flying my spark about 4mins into flight my spark fell out the sky. I was recording at the time which clearly shows a sudden end and complete loss of controll if felt like the drone had switched off. I recovered the pieces and putt back my spark. Now when trying to fly or test after my repairs, it shows nagavation error and downward vision sensor error, all my parts are still good and the only concern I have why did my spark fall out the sky....then how do get pass this nagavation error. Without a costly bill when I don't understand how the crash happened.
2021-12-26
Use props
fans6f4c4b0e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157766 ft
South Africa

Hi dji my battery piped out during flight, my spark fell 100m to the floor, now I've put all backed together but nagavation and redundancy error, its the first time my battery fell off in mid flight, help dji this is no normal, now iam left once again with a very costly repair that really not my doing. Anybody else battery fallout,
2021-12-31
Use props
Martyzion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

I've had a similar issue with a non-DJI drone.  I took a wristwatch demagnetizer and moved it toward and away from the GPS module and that fixed the issue.  
2021-12-31
Use props
GustavoAlvesVicente
New

Italy

Tive o mesmo problema, surgiu apos uma pequena colisão à 30cm do chão

Esse problema eu consegui resolver em meu drone!

> Abri o meu DJI SPARK e removi o modulo de GPS

> Peguei 10 imãs e dividi em dois (em teoria vou garantir a mesma força para os dois lados).

> Ao fazer isso posicionei os imãs na condição que se repele, exemplo
( [DESMAGNETIZADOR] - IMÃ + > [MAGNETIZADOR] < + IMÃ - [DESMAGNETIZADOR] ).

> A parte do desmagnetizador, passei em volta da peça bem perto, sem encostar. Fiz alguns circulos em volta aproximadamente 10 vezes e então montei novamente a peça, liguei. atualizei o firmware, restaurei os dados de fabrica, calibrei o IMU e pronto!  

Bom, fiz isso pois não tinha nada a perder pois uma peça nova é 60 euros aproximadamente.
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules