Help! Vision 2 installing an aftermarket Gimbal
3496 17 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

I recieved the instructions for the gimbal with the actual gimbal on the way.  I'm trying to figure out these directions and most of it makes no sense...

If anyone can interpret for me, I would appreciate it.

nbc03-installation.jpg
2015-5-1
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Eeee-Yoww?!?  What a garbled mess of words strung together!  I believe the big warning at the bottom simply means don't plug anything in with the power on.  

Block 2) You're going to need to remove the top cover of the Phantom, there are 4 screws on each leg.
Block 3) Looks like you need to solder the power cable on top of the Phantoms power cables.
Block 4) Gimbal control line goes into pin F2 of the  the NAZA flight control
Block 5) "Taps must be smoked in place"  uhhh, I got nothin'...
Block 6) Looks like the NAZA assistant software settings

Have you checked YouTube?  There has got to be somebody who has installed this gimbal on their Phantom and made a video.

Whew!
2015-5-1
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Taps smoked?
Light back into the cloud?

Below are the instructions:
Note: 1, pan/tilt cameras placed in front of the camera before the power, power head muststill stay within 10 seconds from detection through the motor starts working.
2, pan/tilt control line "yellow line" plug into flight control F2 port, would defeat theburned control plug wrong chip, cause the pan/tilt control. Remember!!
"As shown in Figure 4 plug the correct line"
3, camera signal cables and extension cords is prohibited under powered electric plug it!
4 operate, please follow the steps 1~~6
5, P2V scheduling procedure in Figure 6 download address:

What the heck is the rudder shaft?
Power parallel?
Pull out the power cable???

nbc03-installation.pdf

201.7 KB, Down times: 19

2015-5-1
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Wow! I'd say call them up, but I doubt that's gonna help. Someone needs a better translator/interpreter.  I'd go with Gil's suggestion. YouTube seems to have something for just about everything.  Barney
2015-5-1
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

trrdesign@cox.n Posted at 2015-5-2 05:11
Taps smoked?
Light back into the cloud?

Yeesh!  I even tried reading the instruction out loud with an affected Japanese-Engrish accent to see if sounding it out would make more sense ~ not much!

Some more suggested translations:

Light back into the cloud - carefully reinstall the cushion
  Can not use sharp tools - Can not use sharp tools

Taps must be smoked in place - connection must be soldered in place
Must not have power draw - don't connect with the power on

Power parallel -- Solder red to red, black to black
Pull out the power cable - thread the power cable through the hole in the leg

Dude, you gotta help US before we can help YOU!  Who makes the gimbal you're using?  There has to be some kind of brand name or what was it called on the website where you bought it?  Have you done any google searches?!?
2015-5-1
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Done Google Searches, looked online everything.  Here is the link on E-Bay.  Looked pretty straight foward on the web.  Did not mention soldering or anything.  Probably will go back as son as I get it.

2 axis Gimbal

Now looking at the site, the instructions show a completely different mount.  Pretty crazy..
2015-5-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Piece of piss to fit

Open the case and fit a wire to the battery connections on the board for power

Pitch cable goes from the Naza F2 bottom pin to a pin on the board

White cable goes into adaptor which plugs into camera

Adjust software settings so that Naza doesn't adjust pitch or roll

Use Alexmos simpleBGC software to fine tune board
2015-5-2
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Sir!!  Will look at this when it arrives.
2015-5-2
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-2 20:36
Piece of piss to fit

Open the case and fit a wire to the battery connections on the board for power ...

When you say fit a wire to the battery connection, is this something I can plug into, or do I need to solder?  Looks like it is pretty straight forward.
2015-5-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

They come with a balanced plug usually so you need to pull the wires out of the plug and solder them to the battery connection

You could just buy a wire with a balanced socket on it and use that instead that way you could unplug the gimbal power if you wanted to

You need to open the case anyway to fit the pitch control cable
2015-5-4
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I tried the 'China' gimbal route, when I asked via amazon, they said 'yes' it comes with fitting instructions, but it didn't.  When I asked again they gave me two links to look at or download.  Both were not too clear, so I sent it back and then bought the Rotorpixel gimbal.  One of the problems others have, if they manage to fit the 'China' gimbal is the stiff camera cable.  Rotorpixel include a more flexible cable for this job and it really helps.
2015-5-8
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

So, the gimbal arrived.  Loos straight forward actually.  Only thing that has to plug in inside is the cable to the F2.  Looks like rest just plug into power cable to camera.  Will look at this weekend and let all know.
2015-5-15
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

So, I'm stuck now.  Everything is installed, gimbal works fine, but lost wifi connection.  There is no place to plug the power from the old gimbal into the new gimbal. So from what I understand, you have to have this connected or the wife does not work, correct?
2015-5-15
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just in case you read this thread and not the other

power for the camera is from the stiff white wire, this also powers the WIFI unit inside the camera,

I dont know which gimbal you have so cant tell you how to wire it up.

On the one I just bought the gimbal pitch control has the same plug as the original gimbal so its just a case of plugging it in

for power the maker of the gimbal has fitted a 2 wire plug onto the gimbal and then tapped a 12v from off the supplied lead that the original stiff white wire plugs into with the corresponding socket on it, the camera wire in effect feeds the gimabl power system

If you want pictures let me know
2015-5-16
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like the rotorpixel one you have.   I had one yellow wire that went to the F1.  had to unplug the 3 wire that was there.  Then it had the plug to the back of the camera and split off of that to power the gimbal.  So the 3 wire one which connected to the original pitch control only used the 1 wire, not 3.
2015-5-17
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-17 06:22
Just in case you read this thread and not the other

power for the camera is from the stiff white wi ...

So which gimbal did you purchase?
2015-5-18
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I did a video

2015-5-21
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

Oh well, video removed..  I went ahead and purchased a 2+.  Will sell the vision 2 on ebay.
2015-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules