2018-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is bad to hear.
I never had issues (connection) with the MP.
2018-2-19
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

I never had any of those issues except the gesture controls not working sometimes. Perhaps the location of your flights had too much magnetic and Wi-Fi interference
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Understandable decision - I can't wait for the MP2 to show it's face!
2018-2-19
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-19 07:56
I never had any of those issues except the gesture controls not working sometimes. Perhaps the location of your flights had too much magnetic and Wi-Fi interference

Nope, the WiFi issues he is talking about concerns European users due to a different WiFi regulations (CE vs FCC). It has been said here many times but for illustration. The European regulation for 5,8GHz band allows 20x less power (signal strenght) than the American ... add the fact that European Android phones can't even use that band (the free channels end at 5,7GHz) and you will get the picture what is all that fuss about.

And as a bonus DJI broke the only usable way how to fly a Spark with an android phone in Europe in november last year (the OTG connection) and still didn't fix it. So ... a lot of people is using a hacked DJI GO 4 app that uses American FCC standards, some of us are still stuck on older version (4.1.15 and lower) that still work with OTG and slowly but surely people are selling out their Sparks as they loose their hope that DJI will actually fix it some day ...
2018-2-19
Use props
jimm00re
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-2-19 08:47
Nope, the WiFi issues he is talking about concerns European users due to a different WiFi regulations (CE vs FCC). It has been said here many times but for illustration. The European regulation for 5,8GHz band allows 20x less power (signal strenght) than the American ... add the fact that European Android phones can't even use that band (the free channels end at 5,7GHz) and you will get the picture what is all that fuss about.

And as a bonus DJI broke the only usable way how to fly a Spark with an android phone in Europe in november last year (the OTG connection) and still didn't fix it. So ... a lot of people is using a hacked DJI GO 4 app that uses American FCC standards, some of us are still stuck on older version (4.1.15 and lower) that still work with OTG and slowly but surely people are selling out their Sparks as they loose their hope that DJI will actually fix it some day ...

Thanks for the explanation, the lightbulb just turned on for me... I've always wondered what the big deal is with the OTG and all of these people having wifi issues. Now I get the exact issue some are having. - Thanks
2018-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have Mavic Air, first no problems connecting, although I’m in a rural area I have flown it over 2000 metres no video glitches, the camera is a lot better than Mavic Pro , although I have a Mavic Pro I’d have to say this is as a photography platform a lot better, I haven’t seen many that are having problems with video downlink, but it’s still early days yet, but it’s certainly worth a look . I know Mavic 2 is due out soon but I expect it will be much bigger than Mavic Air and if it doesn’t have a 1” sensor it will be a disappointment,  I also expect it will cost around €600/€700 more than MavAir.
2018-2-19
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

It's all about strategy, make your old one crap , so you are going to buy a newest model. In the beginning(i own a Spark and Mavic Pro) they were all good, then the updates came, then just before new models come out, people having problems and now people are selling it. The story continues.....
2018-2-19
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear you've parted ways with your Spark due to a fear of loosing it.  Wifi here in Canada is very good.  In the last 10 months I've owned my spark, I lost connectivity once and it was pilot error (flying to close to electrical wires), it returned home as planned/designed.

Hope you find something that makes your happy and that you enjoy.  DJI does have some great products.
2018-2-19
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Jos A Posted at 2018-2-19 11:10
It's all about strategy, make your old one crap , so you are going to buy a newest model. In the beginning(i own a Spark and Mavic Pro) they were all good, then the updates came, then just before new models come out, people having problems and now people are selling it. The story continues.....

The irony is that due to the fact I have to stay on an older version of DJI GO 4 (4.1.14) to keep the OTG support, I will not buy the Mavic Air (nor any other drone) as this version does not support it. Otherwise it may have been a viable upgrade path for me ;).
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's all about strategy, make your old one crap , so you are going to buy a newest model. In the beginning(i own a Spark and Mavic Pro) they were all good, then the updates came, then just before new models come out, people having problems and now people are selling it. The story continues.....

I must admit that this has crossed my mind too!
2018-2-19
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

It's all about strategy, make your old one crap , so you are going to buy a newest model. In the beginning(i own a Spark and Mavic Pro) they were all good, then the updates came, then just before new models come out, people having problems and now people are selling it. The story continues.....

Apple has the same history..... lets change things, lets make them not work as they once did so the consumer can buy a new one.  As long as consumers permit this, they'll keep on

I'll hang on to Spark a while longer but if they can't fix this and restore OTG to Android users then it really would give me no reason to keep it.  

Ruining these so as to get consumers to bump up to Mavic Air is just wrong.. but it's working and that is what a lot of people are doing now. Sell the Spark buy the latest.  Just like iPhone issues with being loaded down in firmware, messed with batt cycles forcing people to upgrade... and they did
2018-2-19
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-2-19 08:47

And as a bonus DJI broke the only usable way how to fly a Spark with an android phone in Europe in november last year (the OTG connection) and still didn't fix it. So ... a lot of people is using a hacked DJI GO 4 app that uses American FCC standards, some of us are still stuck on older version (4.1.15 and lower) that still work with OTG and slowly but surely people are selling out their Sparks as they loose their hope that DJI will actually fix it some day ...

Sad to hear
2018-2-19
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417 ft
United States

DJI could have at least given the Spark another year before retiring it. This past 2017 was the first Christmas season the Spark was available and a lot sold. Unfortunately many people had problems with it including myself. The software would not work at all with my android unless I downgraded the app and used an OTG. That along with compass errors, GPS issues, and controller disconnects.....Forced me to take it back to the store for a full refund while in the return window. I think it's an amazing product (when it works) but I doubt I'll venture back to the world of DJI until they release a solid user verified product of similar size.
2018-2-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-20
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-20
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-20
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-20 00:14
Yeah, that's the biggest difference the Occusync does, no connexion issues.

My problem was with the camera (sensor missalignement?), otherwise, a great drone...

Ok, I (fortunately) did not have any issues.
2018-2-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Smart choice to sell the Spark. DJI is abandoning the Spark. No bug fixing, no upgrading and just nothing. Spark is dead. DJI can do this to Spark, it can do the same to Mavic Air and other DJI products. Sad.
Wifi Drone is unreliable and it is a bit waste of money to help DJI to beta test its products. Wifi Drone is still a long way to become a reliable product, in the meantime, keep your hard earned cash and wait patiently for a more reliable non-wifi Drone comes into the market.
2018-2-20
Use props
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

Don't buy any drone at all. It is going to be really stressful always for anyone who don't know how to use their drone....
2018-2-20
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Flying on 2.4 or 5.8ghz in the city can't be good with tons of people around and everyone of them wearing three or four devices transmitting on 2.4 and 5.8ghz.  I wonder how clean a signal my Fitbit has and if it reports any interferrence while I fly my Spark.
2018-2-20
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Canada

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-20 00:17
Actually it all starts (as stated many times in this forum) with the wifi signal at 5.8Ghz. Those frequencies are not really utilized in EU and in addition the RC has a lower power output. I live in the city and I do not wish to travel to the countryside everytime I want to fly my drone...

In USA, Canada and the rest of the World the RC is in FCC mode and the Spark can achieve a (theoretical) 2Km distance vs the 500m! advertized in EU. In my case and without any OTG cable, I could get max. 100 - 120m without interference.

I see, ya well if I was in that position I would have no fun at all. I wouldnt even buy a drone if it had 100 meters of range. Well North America FTW I guess?
2018-2-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

No more wifi Drones, they are unreliable. Read the specifications before you buy another drone. If it operates on wifi channels, you can forget it and keep your cash and wait. Stay away from wifi Drones.
2018-2-20
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here, sold mine about a month ago it was something I bought while I was waiting for the Mavic Platinum to ship.  Great drone and all, but not just for me.
2018-2-20
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-21
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Sorry to see you leave the club
2018-2-22
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-23
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-23 01:34
Not at all my friend, I am staying around

Waiting for Mavic Pro II (or Air), will see

Perfect! The more people we have on the forums, the better the consumers will appreciate their products.
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules