Viewing Panoramas in Goggles
4324 14 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Linefeed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28005 ft
United States

After updating the firmware to the latest versions (for everything) I inserted and formatted an SD card in the goggles. Then I took some panoramas and copied them onto that SD card in the goggle-created panoramas folder (formatting a card with the goggles creates a few.)

Navigate to playback, tap to select, tap again to enter - you're IN the panorama. Works with 180s and spheres.Quite immersive. Fun way to share panos.

Someone, somewhere in the forum recently asked if anyone has ever made this work. It didn't before, but it does now.
2018-2-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is awesome information. Which goggles are you using?
2018-2-19
Use props
Linefeed
lvl.2
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-2-19 12:41
This is awesome information. Which goggles are you using?

White DJI Goggles.
2018-2-24
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

Does head-tracking work while viewing the Pano picture wearing the goggles?
2018-2-28
Use props
Linefeed
lvl.2
United States

Aaronmke Posted at 2018-2-28 16:04
Does head-tracking work while viewing the Pano picture wearing the goggles?

Yes. Once you have the pano in the Goggles your head movement controls your view. it puts you INSIDE the pano. Pretty awesome, actually.
2018-2-28
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try this weekend if the weather holds.
2018-2-28
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

I too have the white goggles and I can not see anywhere in the goggles how to format a SD card. You stated that you formatted the SD card in the goggles. I quote, " i inserted and formatted an SD card in the goggles" Can you help me understand how you did this?  I would love to use this feature but I'm not sure of the process you used. Thanks for any help you can provide. I am using the mavic air with the goggles all equipment is up to date on firmware.
2018-3-7
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

pano file

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-7 16:46
I too have the white goggles and I can not see anywhere in the goggles how to format a SD card. You stated that you formatted the SD card in the goggles. I quote, " i inserted and formatted an SD card in the goggles" Can you help me understand how you did this?  I would love to use this feature but I'm not sure of the process you used. Thanks for any help you can provide. I am using the mavic air with the goggles all equipment is up to date on firmware.

I don't think Goggles can format the SD card. What I did is format it on Mac (MS-DOS (FAT). After placing SD back in the Goggles the folder structure is created. One of the folders is called DJ_PANO, my guess is to copy the pano files there.
However I didn't do any pano's yet. Works very well when copying movies to the DJI_VIDEO folder and watch them with goggles.

Hope this helps
BTW if formatting the SD card on PC make sure it is formatted FAT 32.
2018-3-8
Use props
Linefeed
lvl.2
United States

Try inserting a blank card into the Goggles. I thought I was prompted to format the card, but I may be wrong - the next time I looked at the card it had the following folders on it:
DJI_ALBUM
DJI_PANO
DJI_PHOTO
DJI_SCREEN_CAPTURE
DJI_VIDEO
USER_MEDIA
2018-3-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

chiplifter Posted at 2018-3-8 06:34
I don't think Goggles can format the SD card. What I did is format it on Mac (MS-DOS (FAT). After placing SD back in the Goggles the folder structure is created. One of the folders is called DJ_PANO, my guess is to copy the pano files there.
However I didn't do any pano's yet. Works very well when copying movies to the DJI_VIDEO folder and watch them with goggles.

Thank you, I'll try it.
2018-3-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

Linefeed Posted at 2018-3-8 08:33
Try inserting a blank card into the Goggles. I thought I was prompted to format the card, but I may be wrong - the next time I looked at the card it had the following folders on it:
DJI_ALBUM
DJI_PANO

Thanks Linefeed, appreciate the help.
2018-3-8
Use props
RobH2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348812 ft
United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-8 11:15
Thanks Linefeed, appreciate the help.

I can confirm that it works well. Just place the Pano files in the folder 'DJI_PANO' root. Not in any of the subfolders.

I had some I made with PTGUI. They just conformed to the size requirement of Height being exactly 1/2 the width.

You can even zoom in and out and they are spectacular looking.
2018-5-12
Use props
Uvis
lvl.1

Belarus

Hi! You place in folder raw pano (or stitch)? What resolution panio in goggles?
2018-5-25
Use props
mchud2004
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6650 ft
United States

How do I access the goggle created pano folder? Also are you using pc or Mac?
2018-12-26
Use props
Linefeed
lvl.2
United States

Just slip the card from your goggles into a reader. It's easy to find. I'm using a Mac, but the card can be read by PCs as well.
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules