Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Really DJI?! (Spark crash update)
710 2 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans359e3687
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26024 ft
United States

Well, i’m back. After that crash where my phone lost signal from the drone and hit a tree, and after I sent it in, dji is making me pay 151 dollars.  Anyway, here’s a recap of the crash. The spark was very close to my phone, when it lost signal and then instead of going to the home point,  it went further away for me, went over a tree, started landing, clipped one of the branches of the tree, and fell.  The price to replace the parts was $21. Only $21. The body had to be replaced, which was $12, and the motor was nine dollars. Then they had the fee of $130. Now, this is downright unfair.  I set the home point when the drone was taking off, and when the controller lost signal, it went to a tree 20 feet away from the home point and tried to land there. The gps was fine and so was the battery, so I do not understand why this happened. Anyway, I called today, because of their false reasoning in the email they sent me.  They said that the drone went and landed over the home point.   They also said that my flight environment was unsafe,  because my home point Was under a tree. But my home point wasn’t under a tree, it was that the drone didn’t go to the home point. Also when we tried to pull up all of the flights by following the steps on DJI’s website, all the files did not look how they were supposed to, or how dji said they should. My mom is also quite angry at them, because she explained that the files should not be corrupted like that. Anyway, dji said they would look back into the case. I am not stopping until I get a free respair or new drone. My final questions are: What do you all think of the situation? Is it my fault or their fault? What will dji do? Also the tree was no inbetween the home point and I, so the drone should not have gone that way.
1FD00EBC-54E7-42CD-96B8-1FDA0F580BF1.jpeg
2018-2-19
Use props
fans359e3687
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26024 ft
United States

Here’s another picture
42DACD8C-334B-4478-892B-829DCE037D4F.jpeg
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dear fans359e3687, I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had.
Kindly provide me the case number so that I can look into it or forward it to the relevant department.
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules