Venom Group P4 Professional Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 4 Qua...
1040 5 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

Does anyone have any experience with the Venom Group P4 Professional Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 4?

Any info would be appreciated!
2018-2-19
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

It looks nice and gets lots of great reviews on Amazon.com.  I ended up buying the dji one that charges only one battery at a time because I read that using aftermarket chargers voided the warranty.  I'm usually no where near an a/c outlet when I'm flying, so I spent the money saved on an extra battery.
2018-2-19
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
United States

Tripp Posted at 2018-2-19 13:06
It looks nice and gets lots of great reviews on Amazon.com.  I ended up buying the dji one that charges only one battery at a time because I read that using aftermarket chargers voided the warranty.  I'm usually no where near an a/c outlet when I'm flying, so I spent the money saved on an extra battery.

I didn't realize charging the battery with a charger not made by DJI voided the warranty. Does it void the warranty of the drone too, or just the battery?
2018-2-19
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

I'm going to guess that when a moderator sees this thread that they will chime in with the usual, "We do not recommend using any non-dji accessories."  Here is a link to info regarding it voiding any dji care refresh repair :  https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... care-refresh.35362/

I think the problem would arise if your AC fell out of the sky and your battery was faulty.  I don't know if  dji would know you were using an aftermarket charger.  As I said, it looks like a very nice charger and with that many good reviews you likely would never need to worry about problems.

Maybe consider a car charger?  The problem with those is that you need to charge with your engine running... I think that is the reason most of us have so many batteries.
2018-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Only the flight pack. But those chargers are great.

You won't have any concerns. Enjoy...

I went a different route, and bought a second OEM DJI 100w charger, for my four intelligent flight packs and RC battery requirements.

No reason to jeopardize my self.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-19
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the information. I have two jobs coming up and will have access to AC power at both. I'll investigate further before pulling the trigger!
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules