Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem Module HDMI PH4 Pro
12Next >
4088 49 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dicon.sp
Flight distance : 124505 ft
Spain

Hello

3 days ago I received the HDMI module for my Phantom 4 Pro

What surprised me most was that in the box it indicated that it was for PHANTOM 3, and I thought I had been wrong, but in all the tutorials I've seen they talk about it being the same module for Phantom 3 and Phantom 4

Once mounted on the station, it does not detect any signal on the HDMI output

I would like to know if a user has had the same problem recently (with the current version of RC v01.04.01.00), or if someone could know where the fault is.

The connections are fine because I have reviewed them several times. The functions of buttons C1 and C2 indicate that the module is properly installed

Regards

Caja.jpg Conexion 1.jpg Conexion 2.jpg Placa HDMI.jpg
2018-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I think that once you install the modeule, you need to do a firmware refresh on the RC unit, to give it a chance to load firmware for the HDMI module.
2018-2-19
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

There’s a load of us here having hdmi problems with the p4p. I’m having to use Litchi with Litchi vue on another iOS device - I’d rather be using the Go4 app and an hdmi module that works!
2018-2-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you done the firmware update as instructed?
Have you enabled it in the Go 4 app?
2018-2-19
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-19 14:47
I think that once you install the modeule, you need to do a firmware refresh on the RC unit, to give it a chance to load firmware for the HDMI module.

Hello

I have the firmware updated. When I finished installing the module it did an update automatically.

Here I include images of the updates installed on the aircraft and the RC

I have connected the HDMI output of the module with a miniHDMI cable "C" and the other end to a Samsung TV with HDMI "A" connection, and it does not show the image of the RC monitor on the TV

I do not know what is the problem

Regards

Actualizaciones.jpg

2018-2-20
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

mrbill Posted at 2018-2-19 15:41
There’s a load of us here having hdmi problems with the p4p. I’m having to use Litchi with Litchi vue on another iOS device - I’d rather be using the Go4 app and an hdmi module that works!

Hello mrbill

Sorry for my poor English. You mean that with Litchi does the HDMI module work?

Regards
2018-2-20
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-19 21:16
Have you done the firmware update as instructed?
Have you enabled it in the Go 4 app?

Hello

How I responded to Geebax The firmware is updated. When I finished installing the module it did an update automatically (this is the image of the updates that I have installed)

Images of the ratings on DJI GO 4 in the RC

Let's see if we find a solution to the problem, I'm ready to try what you tell me, I do not know how to continue.

Regards

Habilitaciones.jpg

2018-2-20
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-20 14:45
Hello mrbill

No, I mean Litchi make an app called Litchi vue, which you can use to stream the iOS device you fly with to another iOS device, when you are using the Litchi app to fly with
2018-2-20
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-20 14:45
Hello mrbill

No, I mean Litchi make an app called Litchi vue, which you can use to stream the iOS device you fly with to another iOS device, when you are using the Litchi app to fly with
2018-2-20
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Oops, double post
2018-2-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at post #8 in this thread.

Give that a try and see if it works, then let us know.

Jeff
2018-2-20
Use props
mecanique62 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11657 ft
United States

Here’s the post Jeff was talking about. OK, I finally fixed mine today (4 day ago).  I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good.  I Hope this might help the rest of you.  Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.
2018-2-20
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

mrbill Posted at 2018-2-20 15:46

OK, I've understood. As you say it is better to use DJI GO 4 with the module HDMI since it is the native DJI application, but you have to make it work.

I would like to see on a large screen what is shown on the iPad

Greetings and thanks for the contribution
2018-2-21
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-20 17:41
Take a look at post #8 in this thread.

Give that a try and see if it works, then let us know.

Hello Jeff Millard

I have been reading carefully the thread that you have proposed to me, it is very interesting.

A "fabrizionannini" and "mecanique62 2" on some occasion the HDMI output worked, although wrongly, in my case it has not worked any of the times I connected the TV to the HDMI output of the module. I have tested with a Samsung SmartTV TV, and with a PC monitor with HDMI output.

At the moment I will not use it to connect glasses, but I would like to do what is shown in the image.

Doble Pantalla RC.jpg

As seen in the images of my previous comments the module is perfectly connected and the updates and the "simultaneous image output to the application and HDMI", and "display OSD in HDMI output" are enabled

2018-2-21
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

mecanique62 2 Posted at 2018-2-20 19:21
Here’s the post Jeff was talking about. OK, I finally fixed mine today (4 day ago).  I connected my goggles through the USB connection & selected smooth mode, Then switched back to HDMI & it started working, pretty choppy though, so i connected USB again & switched to Normal mode, then back to HDMI & everything looks pretty good.  I Hope this might help the rest of you.  Oh, I forgot, I uninstalled DJI Go 4 & reinstalled thinking that might have been the cause, but it wasn't.

Hello mechanique62 2

As I mentioned to "Jeff Millard" in the post above, the module does not work for me nor connecting it only to the TV monitor, (without connecting glasses).

When I connect a device with HDMI output, (DVD, PS4, etc.) to the TV via its cable, I press the "source" key on the TV remote and a menu appears on the screen highlighting the source I have connected, indicating that an HDMI signal is coming in, and I simply choose it and from that moment the HDMI equipment that I just connected plays the content on the screen.

In this case, when I connect the RC station with its corresponding cable to the TV, and press the "source" key on the remote control, no HDMI signal on the screen will be highlighted to be able to choose it, which indicates that no HDMI signal is coming.

As commented "fabrizionannini" in the other thread, I have also checked that the module is well connected (as seen in the images of my first comment), and that the latest updates are installed.

I can not do the same test as you since I do not have glasses to connect, but I think that connecting the iPad to the USB output type "A" to receive the signal from the RC transmitter, and the HDMI output to a monitor with input HDMI, it would have to work and you would see the image on the TV.

Another detail that I have seen, is that the microUSB output type "A" (which would have to do the same job as the "USB output type" A ") does not work either.

2018-2-21
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-21 14:45
Hello mechanique62 2

As I mentioned to "Jeff Millard" in the post above, the module does not work for me nor connecting it only to the TV monitor, (without connecting glasses).

I believe you’re saying that you don’t have Goggles, so you cannot reproduce the action that was used to make the HDMI port work, is this correct?

Jeff
2018-2-21
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-21 14:53
I believe you’re saying that you don’t have Goggles, so you cannot reproduce the action that was used to make the HDMI port work, is this correct?

Jeff

Hello Jeff Millard

OK, I have no Googles and I can not reproduce the action that indicated "mecanique62 2"

But I think it has to work and give some HDMI signal even without connecting the glasses.

In this video (in Spanish) the assembly of the HDMI module is shown. The one that appears in the video is the same one that I have placed and it works perfectly for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86b9Ml3qWMg

Regards
2018-2-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-22 12:54
Hello Jeff Millard

OK, I have no Googles and I can not reproduce the action that indicated "mecanique62 2"

I understand and agree it “should” work but as most have posted, yourself included, it does not. But, the action of connecting it to Goggles via USB with the proposed setting then to HDMI seems to be correcting some unknown issue. If this is the case, I’d like to hear some verification from people who have Goggles and can reproduce the fix. Otherwise I don’t intend to purchase the module. I have both the + and non + controllers, so the only benefit I would gain from the module is the ability to use the Goggles in tandem with an IPad on the non + controller.

Jeff
2018-2-22
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Hello Jeff Millard

OK, I think you're in the right position and you have to wait for it to work correctly.

I went ahead very quickly and I bought it without checking its operation before.

Now I must look for a solution to be able to use it, if it does not remain as an unusable object.

Regards
2018-2-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-22 13:33
Hello Jeff Millard

OK, I think you're in the right position and you have to wait for it to work correctly.

Find a fellow user from Spain with a set of Goggles and give it a try. I hope you find a way to get yours working. I'll remain a non user of the HDMI module until I get some indication it will work when installed as an add on by the user. If you happen to travel to the Philadelphia area, PM me, you can try my Goggles.

Jeff
2018-2-23
Use props
Andrew245
lvl.3

Canada

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-23 08:28
Find a fellow user from Spain with a set of Goggles and give it a try. I hope you find a way to get yours working. I'll remain a non user of the HDMI module until I get some indication it will work when installed as an add on by the user. If you happen to travel to the Philadelphia area, PM me, you can try my Goggles.

Jeff

I am just awaiting my module to arrive , I will be swapping it as soon as it comes, I have googles and I will post back with the results as well.
2018-2-23
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-23 11:09
I am just awaiting my module to arrive , I will be swapping it as soon as it comes, I have googles and I will post back with the results as well.

Thank you very much.

Jeff
2018-2-23
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-23 08:28
Find a fellow user from Spain with a set of Goggles and give it a try. I hope you find a way to get yours working. I'll remain a non user of the HDMI module until I get some indication it will work when installed as an add on by the user. If you happen to travel to the Philadelphia area, PM me, you can try my Goggles.

Jeff

Hello

OK Jeff, since I am very new in this, I still do not know many people in my city, but when I have the opportunity, I will try the glasses.

I'm going to keep trying to make it work. If at any time I get progress I will comment.

Thank you for your offer, also if you come to Valencia (Spain) contact me.

Regards
2018-2-23
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Andrew245 Posted at 2018-2-23 11:09

Hello Andrew245

We all look forward to your comments on the results.

I hope it works perfectly, and that your results serve to solve the problems of the module.
I will keep trying, I hope to find a solution, I would like to use another monitor.

Regards
2018-2-23
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
Captain
France

Does anyone know what the micro USB output of the PH4 Pro HDMI Module is for?
I try to connect my iPad on it and nothing happens.
Thank you
2018-2-24
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

epetit91_djiuser Posted at 2018-2-24 10:48
I try to connect my iPad on it and nothing happens.
Thank you

Hello epetit91_djiuser

At the end of my comment # 16 of this thread, I speak of the same as your questions.

Of the 4 connections that the HDMI module has, only the type "A" USB connection works, which is the one that connects to the screen used for the RC station.

The microUSB connection should work in the same way as the USB type "A" but I have performed tests and it does not work either.

I do not know what it's for, I hope someone knows and comments

Regards
2018-2-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

I have the module and I installed on my Phantom 4 Pro Controller and have used it with both a small monitor and a set of Fat Shark Goggles and it worked fine.  It was also in a package that indicated that it was for a Phantom III.  There have been a couple of FW and software updates since I have used it (one FW update with a compatibility issue with the module) so I will need to charge everything up and try it again to verify that it still works but I will do that and post the results.  I don't own a set of DJI Goggles so I can't address those questions.

Update:  I just charged everything up and pluged my Fatsharks into the HDMI port on the module and it is working fine.  I also checked it on a computer monitor and the HDMI output worked fine with it as well.  Perhaps the OP received a defective unit.

2018-2-24
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
United States

epetit91_djiuser Posted at 2018-2-24 10:48
I try to connect my iPad on it and nothing happens.
Thank you

This is from the B&H Photo webpage for the HDMI output module.  I have not tried to connect my iPad/iPhone to the USB port on the output module to see if it works like it is stated here.

Mini-HDMI
Allows you to connect a monitor or FPV goggles and view a live, HD feed from the Phantom 3's camera in real time
USB Type-A
Allows you to connect a mobile device to access the Phantom 3 and view a live feed via the GO mobile app
Micro-USB
Provided for firmware updates or accessing advanced controller settings using the Assistant Software
CAN-Bus
For connecting future DJI accessories
2018-2-24
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
Captain
France

Thank you for this precision Kansas Boy.
I connected the RC to my iMac with the micro USB port of the RC and I launched DJI Assistant. On the screen I see the message "Unknown device" but nothing more.
I sent a message to DJI for explanation on this micro USB port because it is mentioned in the description of the card but if it has no function why not say it?
2018-2-25
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
Captain
France

Can someone from DJI answer our question?
I bought this card 109 € and I can not use all these abilities !!!!!
2018-2-25
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The micro USB port is used to connect the Aircraft via USB OTG cable to update aircraft firmware. When a required update needs to be installed, the RC will display instructions to connect the aircraft from the micro USB port with the OTG adapter close to the aircraft. Once the update is complete you should restart both the aircraft and the RC. This is the primary use of that port.

Jeff
2018-2-25
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I tried to install the unit on my 3Pro and it did not work. neither did the two others which arrived to replace it. They all worked fine on my 4Pro controller. In the end I had to but another controller and all was well. Expensive way of getting it to work but a UK authorised repair centre and indeed DJI themselves could not get the setup up to work either. the only option was another controller.
2018-2-25
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
Captain
France

Thank you very much Jeff for this explanation.
In summary this micro USB port is useless because to update the firmware of the aircraft through this port it is also necessary that the RC is connected to my iPad.
Today I connect my iPad directly to the aircraft to perform the same function.
Too bad that we can not use this port as the USB A port
2018-2-25
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-2-24 16:51
I have the module and I installed on my Phantom 4 Pro Controller and have used it with both a small monitor and a set of Fat Shark Goggles and it worked fine.  It was also in a package that indicated that it was for a Phantom III.  There have been a couple of FW and software updates since I have used it (one FW update with a compatibility issue with the module) so I will need to charge everything up and try it again to verify that it still works but I will do that and post the results.  I don't own a set of DJI Goggles so I can't address those questions.

Hello Kansas

I have also connected the module to an HDMI PC monitor, and to a Samsung TV and it has not worked on either of the two computers. I have disassembled the module several times and the result has been the same, however the USB "A" source works perfectly.

The only option I have left is to try a previous version of the firmware (now I have 01.05.300 installed), but if I go back to an earlier version with DJI Assistant 2, I will modify the DRON version, but I think the one that will have to be changed is the one of the RC that is where the HDMI module is installed, does anyone know?

For me the question of the Micro-USB port has been clarified.

Thanks for your contribution.

Regards
2018-2-26
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-25 04:15
The micro USB port is used to connect the Aircraft via USB OTG cable to update aircraft firmware. When a required update needs to be installed, the RC will display instructions to connect the aircraft from the micro USB port with the OTG adapter close to the aircraft. Once the update is complete you should restart both the aircraft and the RC. This is the primary use of that port.

Jeff

Hello Jeff

I believed that the micro USB to the same functions as the USB port "A", after your answer has already been clarified.

The fact is that the HDMI port still does not work. I'll keep trying.

Regards
2018-2-26
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-25 04:50
I tried to install the unit on my 3Pro and it did not work. neither did the two others which arrived to replace it. They all worked fine on my 4Pro controller. In the end I had to but another controller and all was well. Expensive way of getting it to work but a UK authorised repair centre and indeed DJI themselves could not get the setup up to work either. the only option was another controller.

Hello embayweather

Sorry I did not understand your answer well, it's because of my poor English

I understand from your answer that you had to try several HDMI modules so that only one would work?

Regards
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
United States

epetit91_djiuser Posted at 2018-2-25 00:31
Thank you for this precision Kansas Boy.
I connected the RC to my iMac with the micro USB port of the RC and I launched DJI Assistant. On the screen I see the message "Unknown device" but nothing more.
I sent a message to DJI for explanation on this micro USB port because it is mentioned in the description of the card but if it has no function why not say it?

Mine also reports "unknown device" when I connect the RC directly to my computer using the micro USB port using DJI Assistant 2 just like yours does.  Anytime I have ever had to update the firmware on the controller it has always been done using the DJI Go 4 application, my iPad or iPhone and the USB Type-A connector.  I have never had a need to use the micro usb port on the controller for any updates.  
2018-2-26
Use props
Kansas Boy
Second Officer
United States

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-26 12:00
Hello Kansas

I have also connected the module to an HDMI PC monitor, and to a Samsung TV and it has not worked on either of the two computers. I have disassembled the module several times and the result has been the same, however the USB "A" source works perfectly.

I am also using FW V 01.05.0300 like you are and my HDMI port is functioning fine.  Just in case you were not aware, the video feed through the HDMI output does not look the same as the screens in Go 4.  The OSD is much more primitive than what is on your phone or pad.  Just to verify, you did have both the RC and the drone turned on when you connected it to the monitor and TV, correct?

It sounds to me like you may have a defective HDMI module to me dicon.sp.  Have you asked DJI to exchange it?
2018-2-26
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

dicon.sp Posted at 2018-2-26 12:01
Hello embayweather

Sorry I did not understand your answer well, it's because of my poor English

That is correct. All of them were the same and did not work on the controller. When i bought a new (secondhand from ebay) controller the module worked first time. The other module I then put into my 4Pro controller and that worked also. It says to me that some controllers are simply not capable of using these modules for whatever reason.
2018-2-27
Use props
dicon.sp
Spain

Kansas Boy Posted at 2018-2-26 15:06
I am also using FW V 01.05.0300 like you are and my HDMI port is functioning fine.  Just in case you were not aware, the video feed through the HDMI output does not look the same as the screens in Go 4.  The OSD is much more primitive than what is on your phone or pad.  Just to verify, you did have both the RC and the drone turned on when you connected it to the monitor and TV, correct?

It sounds to me like you may have a defective HDMI module to me dicon.sp.  Have you asked DJI to exchange it?

Hello Kansas, thanks for the reply

When I did the tests I did it in two ways, with the DRON on and the DRON off, and it did not work in either way.

Maybe the HDMI module is defective, but I have the doubt seeing the comments of many users who also happen something similar. In all the ways I can not use it, since in the end I will have a nice paperweight.

If you see the post that has put "embayweather" below, he did the test with several modules, and in the end the one that worked was one that he bought second hand on EBAY

Greetings and thanks for your contribution, I will continue with the attempts.
2018-2-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules