Does anybody not have focusing issues with Osmo +?
1786 6 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

If you don't have a blurry infinite focus or a wandering Auto Focus issue, can you tell me what you're doing to set these?

Callibration on mine still gives me a soft infinite. And auto-focus needs a lot of screen tapping to maintain the focus.

Moving shots seem to be very problematical and since the camera is supposed to be for smooth tracking, not being able to maintain focus under those circumstances seems to be something of an issue.

So, what settings and what circumstances work best?
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. What is the firmware of your Osmo +? I would recommend you update to the latest firmware and calibrate the lens. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-23
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

Firmware version 1.6.1.0

I calibrate the lens and Infinite is always softer than AF.
2018-2-23
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I got the focus issue on my brand new Osmo+
Tried different settings and both AF and Infinit focus. None of them give me
that crispy sharp picture i thouth this device could deliver.
Tried the lens calibration too..

Is there any kind of work-arround to solve this problem. Firmware downgrade
or things like that? Im on the latest version right now.

Kind regards
FarmerMac
2018-2-23
Use props
Lwgray 0
lvl.2
Malaysia

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-2-23 06:12
I got the focus issue on my brand new Osmo+
Tried different settings and both AF and Infinit focus. None of them give me
that crispy sharp picture i thouth this device could deliver.

I have a similar experience... though it sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

I can't help feeling that when one moves, the lighting conditions can change and that the depth of field alters, thus throwing it in and out of focus. Though, given the bright sunlight of where I live, one wouldn't expect this issue. Certainly, if you use the zoom to reduce the width of angle, it is very hard to keep it focused and that must be to do with reduced focal depth.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about it as there is a learning curve with using this camera. It behaves unlike any other camera I've had. And it might be the case that, what is useful as a drone camera, is perhaps not so useful for trying to replicate steady cam rigs with video cameras built for more versatile usage.

2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_D4zchqgTBndc
New
Flight distance : 33435 ft
United States

Has anyone found any literature or direction online on how to use the green Auto Focus box properly? I have so many questions related to that function! Share if you have any sort of instructions, thanks!
2018-3-3
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

With the green focus box active, you have to tap the screen where you want the Osmo to focus. If you have a subject that is changing it's distance, the Osmo WILL NOT track the focus automatically. You will have to keep re-focusing by tapping the screen. A bit like 'pulling focus' with a professional cinema camera. The only time the Osmo will 'auto focus' is at the end of a zoom change.
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules