920 7 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

On initial hover (full GPS lock), I'm getting a quick yaw to the right sometimes 2 to 3 times in one shot. If I stay hovering for a few minutes or fly around then land and take off again, there is no yaw to the right. On second and third batteries, no yaw. This only happens when I first take it out for a flight for the day. Just to note, there was no wind so that is not a factor to this issue.

I have done compass calibration several times so that is not the issue. I don't know if an IMU calibration will fix this so I'm hoping DJI support can respond and provide a possible solution to this issue.

Forgot to mention that I don't have the right yaw issue when in Opti mode (indoor flight).  
2018-2-19
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have almost the same situation - first flight, better or non-existent on following flights - but mine will go forward and then yaw to the left.  Very erratic behavior and impossible to correct when it is doing this.   Fine on Opti mode -- only happens in Atti mode.  I always wait for at least 12 sats before I take off, so not the problem there.  Tried turning off the Front and Back sensors, as I have a small take off area on a balcony, but to no avail.
2018-2-20
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I did another test outside just to see if I still have the same issue on warmer weather. I still have the yaw to right problem so it doesn't matter if the temperature is cold or warm. I'm going to let the mavic cool down and then I'm going to do an IMU calibration in a little while.  
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

IMU calibration might be the way to go, see this thread on the same topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-2-20
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I did the IMU calibration, tested outside and still have the issue. Now I'm seeing a slight left yaw then a right yaw. Again, this is only on initial flight outside. W.T. Foxtrot, are you on the latest .200 firmware for both AC and RC?
2018-2-20
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Sounds like the IMU needs to warm up before properly working, there have been some reports on YouTube of the Mavic Air really not liking the cold.
2018-2-20
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2018-2-20 15:25
Sounds like the IMU needs to warm up before properly working, there have been some reports on YouTube of the Mavic Air really not liking the cold.

You might be correct in your assumption that the Air doesn't like the cold weather. I'm about 2hrs north of NYC and its a little breezy out today.  I did another test after updating the Air firmware to .200 (thought it was on latest but was on .100). I did a quick compass calibration and as soon as I hit GPS lock, took off to a hover. I did not notice any yaw movements so the weather may be a factor or firmware .200 fixed many bugs.

I will test again by Friday since the weather will be cooler.
2018-2-21
Use props
kwad vision
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue. Always yaws to the right right after take off but the problem stops on its own after the initial take off. This has happened at least 12 times. I dont think it is a cold hardware issue as it happens after coming right out of my warm house or car. I spent almost 2 hours on chat support with no resolution...they said a manager would call but no one has followed up with me. DJI CS and QC is a total disappointment. I have built over 20 racing drones and have purchased a competitor's photography drone...so I was hoping that my first DJI would not be just another inferior Chinese product/service but I have been let down. SUCKS!
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules