Osmo2+iphoneX big issues stabilization within GO app
3010 9 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andymsn
New
Flight distance : 41719 ft
United States

Using the Osmo Mobile 2 for the first time with the DJI Go app shooting in 4k 30fps with the iPhoneX (iOS 11.2.5). The footage with the iOS camera app is much better.  Why is the footage so jittery?!!!! Is this due to DJI and iOS conflicting stabilizers? This footage is totally subpar from what I've seen out there. Maybe I did not have the phone level enough when I first connected? The last clip of this video I used Adobe Premiere's warp stabilizer to cut out some of the shaky footage and it seemed to work slightly but was a lot of time to process that effect. Something has to be wrong. Any Advise?

2018-2-20
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

The iphone's OIS is conflicting with the OM2.  It's a hardware issue with iphones that have OIS and no app updates can fix the issue.  DJI is fully aware of this and they should put a disclaimer on their boxes alerting buyers of this, but they will not.  Plan B for me was to buy a GoPro Hero 6 and I love it!   
2018-2-20
Use props
ShadowZ
lvl.2
Canada

After watching these videos on forum and youtube, I've finally cancelled my order.
I just hope they can find a way to make it work with OIS, and I will order it for sure.
2018-2-20
Use props
VR6OOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61148 ft
  • >>>
United States

My footage does not look like this at all. Very smooth. Make sure it's perfectly balanced before turning it on. Also try the magnet trick where you put a 8mm diameter magnet opposite the camera. If that doesn't work, you may have a faulty gimbal.
2018-2-20
Use props
Andymsn 1
New
United States

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-20 10:21
My footage does not look like this at all. Very smooth. Make sure it's perfectly balanced before turning it on. Also try the magnet trick where you put a 8mm diameter magnet opposite the camera. If that doesn't work, you may have a faulty gimbal.

The crazy thing is it works smoothly when I'm filming outside of the DJI go app. Say, if I'm just in the regular iphone camera app it is much much smoother.
2018-2-20
Use props
Andymsn 1
New
United States

What I really don't understand is how could Apple be the EXCLUSIVE retailer of this DJI Osmo, when there is clearly an issue with the DJI software and the iOS software working together to stabilize the image.
2018-2-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I think the comment about stabilization might be the accurate response from all the above.   With some of the other video apps, you'll not have that problem.  Also, do you get that same problem when NOT in a boat?  Boat engines radiate a lot of electrical interference.
2018-2-20
Use props
ShadowZ
lvl.2
Canada

VR6OOM Posted at 2018-2-20 10:21
My footage does not look like this at all. Very smooth. Make sure it's perfectly balanced before turning it on. Also try the magnet trick where you put a 8mm diameter magnet opposite the camera. If that doesn't work, you may have a faulty gimbal.

Can you share some samples?  
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have tested with the iPhone 8 plus.
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And here is footage taken with the native app.

(iOS).
Much better.
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules