Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrating the gimble?
1420 7 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have searched the DJI manual, watched the DJI tutorials, both are very vague in anything! I've searhed youtube where I can find instruction, but, nothing on calibrating the gimble. In the GO 4 app it does give you the option to calibrate the gimble but how it is done is beyound me. I must be overlooking something in my advanced years. Please help out an old pilot in his quest.....you can send money too...I woun't  mind.

2018-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, tap on the icon second to the bottom that looks like a camera with a line above it (gimbal), tap on Adjust Gimbal. You can then adjust pitch and roll.  On my drone the horizon was always slightly off so I was able to adjust the roll to make the horizon level.  You can adjust this airborne, too, when you have an actual horizon.
2018-2-20
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-20 07:46
Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, tap on the icon second to the bottom that looks like a camera with a line above it (gimbal), tap on Adjust Gimbal. You can then adjust pitch and roll.  On my drone the horizon was always slightly off so I was able to adjust the roll to make the horizon level.  You can adjust this airborne, too, when you have an actual horizon.

Im looking for what do you do after you tap the adjust gimble button. Do to tilt the drone, and if you do, what are you looking for? Do I adjust the horizon with the lines in the screen?
2018-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Have your drone on a level surface like a rectangular table so you can see through the camera a straight edge in front of you...like the table edge or where the wall meets the floor out ahead of you.  Maybe even call up grid lines in camera menu, settings.  Then go to the gimbal menu and tap pitch or roll to make it blue (selected) and tap on the left or right circular arrow to increase or decrease the correction until the grid lines show what you want. Then tap complete.
2018-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Did that work???
2018-2-20
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tanx man...I got it!
2018-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

As George Patton once exclaimed, "Tanks, tanks!!!"...you're welcome!!!
2018-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

It's just another case of not providing us with enough written guidance.  They ought to have a DJI Go 4 manual out...not a couple of paragraphs in the Spark Manual.  Plus, when info is provided on DJI Go 4, it's not aircraft specific so the info provided might not pertain to your Spark.
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules