What we wish for the next DJI go 4 version 4.2.7
1854 27 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ortidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265876 ft
Canada

Good Day, from Montreal, being new as a drone pilot,  I am learning every days, but there are more features that would further improve DJI customer satifaction: OTG for android,POI  and waypoints with a mission

Please add your comment and wishes for the next edtion of spark android/IOS

thanks in advance
Ortispark

2018-2-20
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Probably any feature will fade in front of the OTG one
2018-2-20
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Still need the Low Battery Warning audio alert.
2018-2-20
Use props
Rejabis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820108 ft
United States

raw files and various video formats  
2018-2-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

We probably want DJI GO 5.
DJI GO 4 is so bloated with dead code, potentially unwanted programs, dead layouts and similar stuff that it's actually a miracle it even works.
Just to illustrate, almost all app strings are encrypted and need to be decrypted before displaying. Seriously?!
Why encrypt something you'll be displaying to the user or show in the logs?
Way too many patches instead of proper solutions, third party libraries for phoning home, social and whatnot.
Not to mention video editor bundled with the flying app... totally wrong, IMHO.

2018-2-20
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Battery percentage allouts (audible alerts at each 20 percent down to 40 percent then every 10 percent )... and Altitude callouts (user configurable to say the altitude at for instance every 50 feet user adjustable).
I would like the whole user interface to be less cluttered and easier to use.. but squeezing so many features and options onto a small telephone screen makes that difficult to do.
2018-2-20
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

OTG Cable

Official Support on lower cost (Cheap) android tablets (HD Fire, etc)

Sid
2018-2-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I would love to see RAW photo capturing and maybe some more control over video settings.
2018-2-20
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

No particular order of preference.

Ability to manually switch to ATTI mode, even full manual mode would be beneficial. I still have a Phantom 1 and a fully loaded F550 that I always fly in ATTI, switching to GPS only when I need them to be stationary.

RAW photo capability. Like all digital imaging devices the ability is already there it just needs to be implemented.

OTG for Android. We European users really suffer as the 5.8GHz channels DJI have allocated are not available in the EU and there’s too much co-channel and adjacent channel interference on 2.4GHz between the phone to RC link and the RC to Spark link. This ma also apply to the iPhone8 and iPhoneX.

A nice to have feature would be the ability to select either 25fps and 30fps, 60fps might be too much to ask (?)

Reinstate Offline Maps.

Nidge
2018-2-20
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

On the top of my wishlist is a way to get rid of all popup messages in the fvp view.
Next is to make all intelligent flight modes stop messing with the OA switch setting.
2018-2-20
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I love DJI, but I would be happy to have software and firmware that worked great and never had any updates.  Too many updates for me.
2018-2-20
Use props
fans5cda945d
New

Malaysia

Otg for spark pls. Wifi is just too laggy and flying can be dangerous without efficient handling.
2018-2-20
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-20 12:53
Probably any feature will fade in front of the OTG one

Like why dont they do this? Im questioning their logic
2018-2-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-20 19:26
Like why dont they do this? Im questioning their logic

Well if you go iOS you can have OTG, but you have to buy an iPad or use an iPhone. I don't suspect we'll see much in the way  of OTG for android.
2018-2-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

The other change I'd like to see is a more visible AC code update. Having it grayish or yellow with white outline is not easily visible.

For prompts that are important those things should be clearer. Make it a color with a black outline on a gray background. Don't blend the characters with the background and leave a white stroke around the letters. It's hard to see that especially on mobile. Custom color options would be great too.
2018-2-20
Use props
azswift
First Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

The ability to connect another device to view the video output from the spark. An option for live spectators.
2018-2-20
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I don't see any improvements or updates for the Spark since the Mavic Air is out and soon the mavic pro 2.
2018-2-20
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

Stability, stability and stability. App crashes and freezes are not acceptable.
2018-2-21
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

munchausen Posted at 2018-2-21 00:18
Stability, stability and stability. App crashes and freezes are not acceptable.

4.1.15 is stable my friend
2018-2-21
Use props
norbert a.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83543 ft
Germany

option to have 25 FPS fullHD (PAL)
2018-2-21
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

All of the quickshot/intelligent flight features of the Mavic Pro and Air
2018-2-21
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

Jos A Posted at 2018-2-21 01:09
4.1.15 is stable my friend

It is not, Jos. It had crashed 3 times during flight and once a such a freeze that it had to be killed.
2018-2-21
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-2-20 19:54
Well if you go iOS you can have OTG, but you have to buy an iPad or use an iPhone. I don't suspect we'll see much in the way  of OTG for android.

It is still not officially supported for IOS, it just works. And I dont respect that DJI is forcing people to go with IOS to be able to have the right of just having a safer flight
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I would forward it to our designated department.
2018-2-21
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-21 13:42
It is still not officially supported for IOS, it just works. And I dont respect that DJI is forcing people to go with IOS to be able to have the right of just having a safer flight

That's why I said I doubt OTG will be coming back. The bigger reason more liked OTG option was to fly farther and not be committed to WIFI. DJI wants these flown VLOS, but again with so many YT demo's impressing 1-2 mile or longer distances, others want to test that water and lose the Spark a lot of times.
2018-2-21
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I would love to: (this also applies to mavic air updates)
- waypoints
- possibility to lower volume of battery alerts! (not turn off, just way to make it milder)
- as we have only 1 wheel on RC, and it's for gimball.  I miss EV value changing with wheel (mavic pro RC 2nd wheel) - but a function with a FN button, or other custom button combo should be quite simple to add. when presses key X wheel changes EV. without it - gimball. Sometimes going into menu few times to get perfect EV, or just to adapt to changes when changing angle to sun is REALLY annoying :/
2018-2-24
Use props
fans6df632d5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15928 ft
Malaysia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-21 19:39
Hi, guys. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I would forward it to our designated department.

Hi Elektra, would really appreciate it if DJI can come back to us on whether android will ever get OTG back. At the moment flight is possible but all telemetry is missing and it is a very serious issue which could lead to unwanted crashes. Any form of response on this os much appreciated. Thanks
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans6df632d5 Posted at 2018-3-19 09:16
Hi Elektra, would really appreciate it if DJI can come back to us on whether android will ever get OTG back. At the moment flight is possible but all telemetry is missing and it is a very serious issue which could lead to unwanted crashes. Any form of response on this os much appreciated. Thanks

I see. I will help you forward your requirement. I think our engineers are working on that.
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules