Osmo Rosette Mount Screw Size?
3286 7 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

Anyone know the size screw used in the Osmo rosette mounts? Looking for the size of the four tiny screws and not the center 1/4-20 one.
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My standard tripod quick release plate fits.
So the same as all the camera's have.
2018-2-20
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-20 14:39
My standard tripod quick release plate fits.
So the same as all the camera's have.

I think you misunderstood my question.  I'm asking whet teh 4 tiny machine screws that secure the rosette mount are as far as size.... I know the  center is a 1/4-20 already....
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-2-20 15:19
I think you misunderstood my question.  I'm asking whet teh 4 tiny machine screws that secure the rosette mount are as far as size.... I know the  center is a 1/4-20 already....

Ah. Ok.
That I misunderstood.
Why would you want to know that?
Need replacement?
2018-2-20
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-20 23:11
Ah. Ok.
That I misunderstood.
Why would you want to know that?

No replacements needed.  I am putting together a tripod mount and want to use one of the spare rosette mounts I have.  Need to tap an aluminum block and thus need the screw size.
2018-2-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jmrfoto Posted at 2018-2-21 08:07
No replacements needed.  I am putting together a tripod mount and want to use one of the spare rosette mounts I have.  Need to tap an aluminum block and thus need the screw size.

Ah. Ok. So DIY all the way
I won't be too much of help than....
I'm more of a buyer
2018-2-21
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

Well for the benefit of others, and since I have not received any feedback on my original question... teh screw size appears to be a metric M2... .079 inches in diameter... 0.40 mm pitch... after MANY trips to local hardware stores and a lot of online research... this appears to be some sort of deep dark secret and only a Bolt Depot.com faster guide finally provided the answer....
2018-2-27
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587359 ft
Canada

Thank you jmrfoto, I will likely use this info. I was just thinking about firing back up a metalworking mill that I CNC'd a few years ago, and thought that this mount was a good way to attach aluminum plates that I design. Do you have a YouTube channel where you chronicle your DIY efforts? Mine is right now sort of Tesla Model X-focused, but in the next couple of months, will be more Tesla balanced with Sony A7R III, DJI Inspire 1, DJI Osmo+, Adobe Premiere, etc. DIY projects. Please check it out and subscribe if that interests you, and please provide your link as well, if you have one! http://www.youtube.com/LivingTech?sub_confirmation=1
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules