741 12 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, please could you put it to the DJI Go 4 team that a set of UK units would be most appreciated, MPH and Meters, this could be just for us that have or own weather statin here in the UK but i am sure i am not the only one that preferes my distance to be in M (meters) and my speed to be in MPH (miles per hour)
2018-2-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Great idea, I want an Australian one with distance measure in Poofteenths and speed measured in Furlongs Per Fortnight.....
2018-2-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will be fine once the drugs kick in ;)
2018-2-20
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

In the UK, we normally measure airspeed in knots, and a UK weather station should be measuring wind speed using either knots or meters per second.  Why would you want a mph option?

I think it is much easier to learn to use km/h, makes far more sense when using meters for other measurements.  Why would you set altitude and distance limits in meters and then measure distance in miles!  Miles are only for road signs

The units that should have an option for change is altitude since aircraft all over the world use feet for measuring height / altitude and it is feet that are in the regulations.  Our Drone Code recommends we stay under 400ft but the Go App displays meters and the limit is set in meters.

Personally I prefer to stick to meters, Km, m/s and km/h.
2018-2-21
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-20 22:05
Great idea, I want an Australian one with distance measure in Poofteenths and speed measured in Furlongs Per Fortnight.....

Oh i havent laughed so hard in such a long time what a crack up
2018-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-20 22:08
You will be fine once the drugs kick in ;)

How do you know they were'nt the problem in the first place?
2018-2-21
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

How many shiny Joules left are in my battery?
How many trips will that get me?
Will they be good trips?

Distance is measured in yards. Just to confuse everyone.

How many Cubits are there in a Poofteenth?
2018-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-21 15:51
How many shiny Joules left are in my battery?
How many trips will that get me?
Will they be good trips?

'How many Cubits are there in a Poofteenth?'

0.132 The poofteenth is a small measurement.
2018-2-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel, that would be all well and good if it was airspeed but its not ;)My stations primary unit is knots, it adjust to show the unit i want, also uk forcasting media uses mph

The uk measures rain in mm yet we do not use kph for speed.

2018-2-21
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

My weather stations measure wind sped in both. Why? Because I am one of those old farts who knows what a 20 mph wind should be but knots is, well, a bit more knottier, to judge. I will freely admit it is an old person thing.
2018-2-22
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-21 20:22
The uk measures rain in mm yet we do not use kph for speed.

Just took a look at the meteorological office web site,
The Shipping Forecast page uses the Beaufort scale: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub ... e/shipping-forecast
The Marine Forecast page uses Knots: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub ... observations/162103
The General Weather Forecast page uses MPH: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub ... p;fcTime=1519246800
(Although the Weather Forecast can be customised to MPH, Km/h, m/s, knots or Beaufort.)
2018-2-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Standard is MPH in most media for the UK and im referring to the land not sea ;)
In UK weather stations its quite common for us to us the MM, MPH, ºC and Meters for height, eg anemometer at 10m high,
There are some weather apps that have a UK setting for the units i have mentioned, Dark Sky is one of those another is YoWindow
2018-2-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to add, if such was ever implemented, it wouldnt mean you would have to use it, i was requesting it for those that feel it would benefit, i for one certainly would, KPH and Meters is not ok as UK uses MPH, MPH and FT is not ok for me cause i prefer Meters for distance, its ok if you are good at maths but i most certainly aint, nor English lol
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules