Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Mavic Air Flyaway
2609 10 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mstarefoss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10686 ft
Norway

Hi Guys!
Has anyone noticed something wrong with their DJI Mavic Air drone? Yesterday my drone just started controlling itself, and crashed into a tree. The weather was perfect, and only 1 m/s wind. When the drone was crashing it had a speed of 60 km/h. I´m happy that nobody got hurt. I did not have it in sports mode either. I tried to use the controller to get control over the drone, but it did not react. I have the flightlog that I can share with you. Please check the link below.

2018-2-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

According to my opinion this is pure product defect/issue. I would contact DJI support on this and if drone is damaged requesting replacement and also root cause why this happened.
2018-2-21
Use props
Mstarefoss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10686 ft
Norway

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-2-21 00:43
According to my opinion this is pure product defect/issue. I would contact DJI support on this and if drone is damaged requesting replacement and also root cause why this happened.

I have contact support, and the Mavic Air is sent to Netherlands. The drone has a lot of damage, so I hope they think this is a defect product as well.
2018-2-21
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Ouch......
2018-2-21
Use props
ggeorgis
Second Officer
Greece

Hope everything gets sorted out...please do keep us updated...
2018-2-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Sorry for your accident! Would you mind to upload your flightrecord to this site http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  and share the link with us? You'll find the flightrecord on your mobile device in a DJI subfolder.
2018-2-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - sorry to see that. Definitely some sort of malfunction - ship it back and fingers crossed on a brand new replacement.
2018-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Looking at your flight video it’s difficult to see what went wrong certainly doesn’t look like it was your fault. Might help to go with Watchbergers advice and put up your flight log.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to hear the crash. Could you leave your case number here? We'll check the current status and keep follow up.
2018-2-21
Use props
blackcolby
New
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

This absolutely has just happened to me as well. The Air completely took control of itself and I had to manual swipe to send it back home - so it overrode the error but once it was directly above me, it shot sideways one last time and into some trees.  This happened two days ago, I'll be uploading flightlog info to DJI later this evening.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

blackcolby Posted at 2018-7-18 13:09
This absolutely has just happened to me as well. The Air completely took control of itself and I had to manual swipe to send it back home - so it overrode the error but once it was directly above me, it shot sideways one last time and into some trees.  This happened two days ago, I'll be uploading flightlog info to DJI later this evening.

Sorry to read the accident. Please kindly contact our support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules