Opti mode limitations. Why? 5m, no Pano..... so sad :(
3459 5 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

When flying indoor the Air has a height limitation of 5m in opti mode. This is really low and makes it unusable in many cases. Can this limit be changed somewhere? The manual only describes a 8m altitude range for the vision system. The biggest issue was flying over a big gap and the Air dropped 1 meter because the height was suddenly 6 meter in optio mode and there was NO way of getting the Air to fly higher. I could have lost it.....

Also all pano modes are not available sadly. Many are very usefull indoors and i would really like to get those enabled indoor because the vision positioning is MUCH better than GPS outdoors so stiching will be much better. I really bought the Air to use indoors also and now the foto modes are very limited.

So overall, why the limitations?
2018-2-20
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Those limitations are a bit weird indeed, probably implemented to operatie within the visioning sensors capabilities.
Probably the only way to operate beyond these limitations is to turn off the visioning sensors.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the height will be limited to 5 meters when there is no GPS signal and VPS engaged, 30 meters when the VPS is disabled. It is not able to change the limit, but pano modes should be available when flying without GPS. You can try to disable the downward system on the app to reach a higher altitude. Hope it helps. vps.png
2018-2-22
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

@DJI Thor, Thanks, i think ik missed that part in the manual. Does disabling the DVS mean it is in ATTI mode? So there is no positioning system active?

About the Pano modes, it must be a bug then because non of the pano modes worked. All said that shooting is not possible when trying.
2018-2-22
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Suriname

I think i found the source (of all evil ) It is the DJI GO 4 App. I had issues getting the pano modes working. The app simply refused to take them. Then i restarted the DJI GO App (with the Air still in the air at the right spot) and bingo, it created a panorama (sadly no third party app can stitch correct above the river). If only the Air could create PNG spheres.....

I traveled and needed to calibrate the compass and took off right after calibration. That is something i did EVERY time the Pano modes did not work. So from now on i will restart the app every time after calibrating the compass.
2018-3-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tadango Posted at 2018-3-4 15:01
I think i found the source (of all evil ) It is the DJI GO 4 App. I had issues getting the pano modes working. The app simply refused to take them. Then i restarted the DJI GO App (with the Air still in the air at the right spot) and bingo, it created a panorama  (sadly no third party app can stick correct above the river). If only the Air could create PNG spheres.....

I traveled and needed to calibrate the compass and took off right after calibration. That is something i did EVERY time the Pano modes did not work. So from now on i will restart the app every time after calibrating the compass.

Interesting find! Thanks for the update.
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules