Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Pro -Ronin-MX-Nikon D750/850
4703 6 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans342b02e5
New
Flight distance : 425666 ft
Denmark

Hi guys,
I've bought the M600 Pro and now ready to invest in Ronin _Mx for flying Nikon D750 and in the future 850.
I will use thi set up for still photography.
Can somebody tell me if you can control camera settings in the flight?
I've heard that people using Intelli-G.
Thanks for help.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

The app in the Ronin MX should help to control camera settings for you. You can find out more about the app at this link: https://www.dji.com/ronin-mx/info#downloads
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Per the manual on page 40 - 41

2018-2-21
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.3
United States

if you can find a way to do this, that would be great... but i don't think you can, or at least not if you want to see the image. nikon disables the hdmi output when there's a control signal over the usb connector.
i exchanged some emails with the intelli-g developers and they had the following to say

"We have intended to ensure the support for remote controlling Nikon cameras via USB, because many customers asked for it. The firmware has been developed and tested.  
However, we have discovered that, when activating the remote control via USB, Nikon introduced a hardware/firmware limitation which disables the HDMI output feed.
This basically prohibits the remote control of the Nikon cameras in aerial scenarios, since the camera operator would have no video feed.  
This is a limitation of the Nikon cameras and is not related to our device capabilities.
Thus, we are unable to support Nikon cameras for the time-being (without video feed for camera operator, the aerial remote control of camera becomes purposeless).
Canon cameras have a very similar protocol, but the video feed is enabled. Thus we could ensure support for them."

as far as i know, DJI offers no support for controlling Nikon cameras. i'd be interested to hear from someone at DJI if this isn't true.

i'm using a d850 on a gremsy t3 gimbal on an s900+e1200+n3+lb2. the video feed is good, and i can trigger the shutter (needed to buy a simple adapter to connect the nikon 10 pin remote connector to a servo connector.) but no ability to adjust aperture, focus, etc in flight.
2018-2-22
Use props
fanse4a1eeec
lvl.3
Czechia

There is new solution for Nikon aerial photographers (AIR Commander Entire).

Full control for Aperture / Speed / ISO / Photo / Video / Manual focusing / AF / WB.
It can take SBUS inputs (can be controlled via LB2) or it has own wireless link with range of 1km.

Currently tested are Nikon D850, Z7 and Z6.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QUnFtQfRNsk
https://youtube.com/watch?v=NkzZrx2rCqY

2019-4-1
Use props
scottdavey 4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 939301 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sftmthd Posted at 2018-2-22 22:15
if you can find a way to do this, that would be great... but i don't think you can, or at least not if you want to see the image. nikon disables the hdmi output when there's a control signal over the usb connector.
i exchanged some emails with the intelli-g developers and they had the following to say

i can trigger the shutter (needed to buy a simple adapter to connect the nikon 10 pin remote connector to a servo connector.)
Can you explain how to do this to a numpty I have a d800 and all i want is the option to fire the shutter without losing the video feed.
Many thanks in advance.
Scott Davey
2019-4-11
Use props
Brphotocreations
New
Flight distance : 2047 ft
United States

Sony A7Rii
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced