AIRPORT TRAVEL RULES
1429 5 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8882c16f
lvl.2
Italy

Hi,
Can anyone help me about an issue, soon I will have a flight for Spain, who knows about spanish rules for drone's and what i have to be aware of if i want to take my mavic pro with me, are there any specific rules for travelling with a drone in a airport, like battery or drone lincese control for the country we are going to? or it is considered just like a nomal eletronic device like a pc or camera and they don't care if we have any pilot's license? I have this issue becuase i might be able to have a license in spain in future because im moving in for work and i want to bring my drone with me, so if i would have a chance to use it I still can. Thanks for all for your help
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
Italy

I'm pretty sure that you have to put battery on cabin luggage like you do for camera battery
2018-3-5
Use props
stefanoborghi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47638 ft
France

Hi, I travelled 3 times already with my drone, I never had a control of the license (and I don't think it can happen), but yes there are some rules about the batteries, and in change a bit depending on the company. In most of the cases with a Mavic Pro you can carry up to 3 batteries (in total including the one on the drone) and you have to bring with you in the cabin luggage well protected.
Here you can find a well done post about it:
https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-to-take-a-drone-on-a-plane/
2018-3-7
Use props
djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2349 ft
France

stefanoborghi Posted at 2018-3-7 16:18
Hi, I travelled 3 times already with my drone, I never had a control of the license (and I don't think it can happen), but yes there are some rules about the batteries, and in change a bit depending on the company. In most of the cases with a Mavic Pro you can carry up to 3 batteries (in total including the one on the drone) and you have to bring with you in the cabin luggage well protected.
Here you can find a well done post about it:
https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-to-take-a-drone-on-a-plane/

Thank you for reporting your experience. For more security i will buy LI-PO Safe Bag for my next travels
2018-3-9
Use props
stefanoborghi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47638 ft
France

djiuser_geJaBJ0V4anq Posted at 2018-3-9 03:18
Thank you for reporting your experience. For more security i will buy LI-PO Safe Bag for my next travels

You are welcome! ;)
2018-3-12
Use props
WillDunwoody
lvl.2
Flight distance : 452887 ft
Italy

I live in Italy and I have no flying license and have travelled all over Europe without any issues. I always take my batteries on the carry on. The only time I have had a problem was when I had a connecting flight in Egypt they wouldn’t let me carry my phantom 3 through the airport as it has a camera attached. In Europe though no problems.
2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules