Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CRYSTALSKY
1647 17 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImaneFadir
lvl.4

Morocco

Hi,

I just read a review about DJI CRYSTALSKY.

I want to know your opinions about this monitors from dji & which size is the best.

Thank you!
2018-2-21
Use props
fans12a48397
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

I have CrystalSky 7.85 inch. Whith new firmware, I am able to load up to 20 3rd party apps. Brightnes is excelent, DJI GO4 is stable. I recommend 7.85, but for Mavic this is not good, most bigger. For Mavic is sutable 5.5 inch with Mavic/Spark holder.
2018-2-21
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I use the 5.5" with the Go/Go4 App for all my drones no problems so far love the bright screen. My CS came with an internal battery defect right out of the box, DJI wanted me to send it back, no thanks, found a work around for it.
I use a Ipad Mini 4 for all my Litchi flights.
2018-2-21
Use props
ImaneFadir
lvl.4

Morocco

fans12a48397 Posted at 2018-2-21 12:57
I have CrystalSky 7.85 inch. Whith new firmware, I am able to load up to 20 3rd party apps. Brightnes is excelent, DJI GO4 is stable. I recommend 7.85, but for Mavic this is not good, most bigger. For Mavic is sutable 5.5 inch with Mavic/Spark holder.

Oh thank you, i just want to know what's the difference between 7.85" Hight Brightness & Ultra Brigntness.
#DjiCrystalsky
2018-2-21
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

ImaneFadir Posted at 2018-2-21 13:26
Oh thank you, i just want to know what's the difference between 7.85" Hight Brightness & Ultra Brigntness.
#DjiCrystalsky

High Brightness is 1000nit on both the 5.5 & 7.85", the Ultra is 2000nit twice the brightness.
2018-2-21
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Look in the accessories/crystalsky section on this forum to see the issues with the Crystalsky Ultra Bright.

The 1000 nits units don't seem to have as much problems.

You no doubt will be going for the Ultra, I would buy this from a reputable DJI authorised dealer in your country so that it is easier to get a warranty replacement.

If you buy from overseas to save some money, the warranty will require you to return to there, as DJI only honour the warranty in the country of purchase, it gets messy sending it back and forth.

A lot of us are using our Ultra's expecting the back light to fail at some point from over heating, which was a problem with a number of units, so far with the new firmware and DJI Go 4 4.2.4, I haven't seen anymore recorded failures.

2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the CrystalSky monitor features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in sunlight, it is really suitable for outdoor aerial imaging. And for I myself, I prefer a bigger screen, but it varies from the user's need. Hope other participants' answer will also provide you with some info. Thank you for your support.
2018-2-21
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Received my first Crystalsky today, the ultra 7.85, instantly updated latest firmware .50 and I'm amazed... software is fluid, heat in the direct sun is warm but no issues with this firmware even wifi is blazing fast and compared to my cell and tablet this blows everything away regarding sync, app, rc and much faster from boot to sky
2018-2-21
Use props
Rickyber
Second Officer
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

CKE ENTERPRISES Posted at 2018-2-21 19:30
Received my first Crystalsky today, the ultra 7.85, instantly updated latest firmware .50 and I'm amazed... software is fluid, heat in the direct sun is warm but no issues with this firmware even wifi is blazing fast and compared to my cell and tablet this blows everything away regarding sync, app, rc and much faster from boot to sky

Very nice, I just got mine in the mail yesterday and still have not unwrapped it.
I'm sure it is going to be a total major improvement over my 8" tablet.
2018-2-21
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Rickyber Posted at 2018-2-21 19:54
Very nice, I just got mine in the mail yesterday and still have not unwrapped it.
I'm sure it is going to be a total major improvement over my 8" tablet.

Received my mount today, installed it and ran outside like a kid using the new Ultra for less than 20 minutes and it failed ........black screen, almost lost my Falcon edition P4P and I am NOT a pro pilot like anyone here but I am filled with common sense so I did not go far for this very reason or my drone would be gone as well

Sad, looking online for another monitor, dont know weather to go with same thing in hopes there is one thats not defective or the high bright monitor  

Hope yours is perfect and never breaks down on ya bud
2018-2-22
Use props
Wyke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

CKE ENTERPRISES Posted at 2018-2-22 11:01
Received my mount today, installed it and ran outside like a kid using the new Ultra for less than 20 minutes and it failed ........black screen, almost lost my Falcon edition P4P and I am NOT a pro pilot like anyone here but I am filled with common sense so I did not go far for this very reason or my drone would be gone as well

Sad, looking online for another monitor, dont know weather to go with same thing in hopes there is one thats not defective or the high bright monitor  

That is bad news. Hope you can get it sorted ASAP. Does sort of put a damper on things.
2018-2-22
Use props
Paul7of8
Flight distance : 84140 ft
United States

I have a MP and I started with the 5.5 CrystalSky.  My eyesight isn’t what it once was so I decided, pretty quickly, that I wanted the bigger and brighter screen so I moved up to the 7.85 Ultra.  No regrets.  I love the size and the brightness.

I combined two different mounts... I am using DJI’s CrystalSky mount designed for the Phantom controller and combined that with Polar Pro’s CrystalSky mount for Mavic.  I can’t be certain, but if I haven’t tried every Mavic Pro/CrystalSky mount, then I’ve tried most of them.  The combo I am currently using is the best for me.  I especially like the Polar Pro bracket as it is curved and raises the CS above the sticks so that my thumbs don’t bump.
Previously I was using a dedicated iPhone 6+.  For me the CS was a huge upgrade (and that statement covers the 5.5, not just the 7.85 Ultra).
2018-2-22
Use props
Rickyber
Second Officer
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

CKE ENTERPRISES Posted at 2018-2-22 11:01

Sad, looking online for another monitor, dont know weather to go with same thing in hopes there is one thats not defective or the high bright monitor  

Wow, sorry to hear about your CS and hope you get the issue resolved, keep us updated.
That would have really been a tragedy if you lost your Falcon P4P. I was going to get one but at the last minute, I went another route.
2018-2-22
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I have the high bright Crystalsky being delivered tomorrow and as long as I can see the screen I will keep it, sux because the Ultra was incredible
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It have the 7.85 high brightness and definitely will not give it away again, just fantastic!
2018-2-23
Use props
csevengo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1172221 ft
United States

I agree with Wachtberger 100% I wouldn't use anything else.
2018-2-23
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the input guys
2018-2-23
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

After the Ultra bright failure I have tested the high bright CS today several times and during the warmest part of the day with excellent results

Yes the Ultra is little brighter BUT I can navigate on the high brightness with polarized glasses on seeing everything perfectly unlike using my tablet or cell..

high brightness Crystalsky is my favorite to date
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules