HD down link using the DJI app...
1810 18 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

I went and flew my bird today. It has been the first time since I'v been flying my bird that I dont got any HD feed whats so ever. But the camera is shooting what it sees. I then switched to the Litchi app and no problem what so ever. I have no clue what would be the problem. I powered off and repowered back on several times I calibrated the rc . Ann nothing just all channels indicated failure during a custom setting. IN auto it stayed on channle 13.  IS THIER ANY ONE OUT THIER THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON WHAT IS THE CULPRIT BEHIND THIS ERROR?
2018-2-21
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Probably time to check everything is at the same level of update.
Sounds a bit like you might be running incompatible versions of App A/C and  or RC.
Has your SD card been verified as working?

2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Please try to re-install the APP or reset the camera settings to see whether it works.
2018-2-22
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

This is since the 3.1.13,some time you get the HD sign near the WIFI status. It´s normally not used by the P3S.  
2018-2-22
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-21 15:35
Probably time to check everything is at the same level of update.
Sounds a bit like you might be running incompatible versions of App A/C and  or RC.
Has your SD card been verified as working?

yes sd card is working.  Ill check it out to be sure again.
Bu like another person was telling me jus to use the dji app for certain things, and run the litchi when flying.
thanks
flyhigh69

PS the yellow texting is impossible to read, had to highlight.....
2018-2-22
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-22 00:51
Hi there, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Please try to re-install the APP or reset the camera settings to see whether it works.

Dji go for products before P4 App 3.1.28 : Version1.9.20

Samsung Galaxy 3 Express
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-2-22 23:19
Dji go for products before P4 App 3.1.28 : Version1.9.20

Samsung Galaxy 3 Express

Thanks for getting back to us. Have you tried to reinstall the APP or reset the camera settings as I suggested? Does the issue appear if changed to another mobile device?
2018-2-28
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-28 00:56
Thanks for getting back to us. Have you tried to reinstall the APP or reset the camera settings as I suggested? Does the issue appear if changed to another mobile device?

I did fix that issue, But now I have the distance problem. At first I thought it was a building and its interference within. I did install the ARGtex range extender to my transmitter. But unfortunately it still loses signal at 500 to 575 feet away at 150 t0 200 feet high. that dont sound right . im going to reopen the transmitter making sure all wires are firmly attached properly. What do you think?
2018-3-9
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

I am having distance issues now 500to 580 feet. with the AGEK range extender. both apps litchi and DJI. I am reopening to see if all wires are ok. I also have a different ps3 st controller because the one I have had abroken s1 switch. I was contemplating returning back to the original and fixing the switch. ???? help \

Also ON the back of the controller, thier is a Hole with an "X" symbol > what is this hole for?

2018-3-10
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-3-10 17:03
I am having distance issues now 500to 580 feet. with the AGEK range extender. both apps litchi and DJI. I am reopening to see if all wires are ok. I also have a different ps3 st controller because the one I have had abroken s1 switch. I was contemplating returning back to the original and fixing the switch. ???? help \

Also ON the back of the controller, thier is a Hole with an "X" symbol > what is this hole for?

Well, I examined the the wiring in the controller. and i found one wire not properly snapped together.  on the 2nd controller i had purchased. I took the bird out and I flew this time over 1000 feet. not bad , its a start, I checked different areas of distances and it is true the conjested wifi has a lot to do with the signal. but I want to go the full range , Im not even half yet but tomorrow long range test in open country!!!!
2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-3-9 20:05
I did fix that issue, But now I have the distance problem. At first I thought it was a building and its interference within. I did install the ARGtex range extender to my transmitter. But unfortunately it still loses signal at 500 to 575 feet away at 150 t0 200 feet high. that dont sound right . im going to reopen the transmitter making sure all wires are firmly attached properly. What do you think?

Thanks for keeping us updated. Generally, it is not suggested to take apart the unit at your end. Anyway, nice to know you got better range now. If you need any further assistance, please start a case and send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-13
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Many video downfeed issues come from phones/tablets with both litchi and Go on them. You must force close either app prior to using the next. I have found even between/flights on same day,  with different battery poor to no video feed unless I turned off the tx, ac and force closed the app. Either Go or Litchi. This is in Android devices of course. The apps dont always work smothly if both are in mmemory at same time. Force closing  app via the settings/app/Lithci or Go many times will fix this issue. Before tearing your controller apart, or changing fimrware, make sure your startup protocol/setup is not the problem by always:
1. Force close both apps, Go and Litchi.
2. Turn on Controller
3. Turn on the AC
4. Open either Go or Litchi.
IF this fails, then try deleting the app, lefto over folders, and re adding the app to yuor device.
Always try the above first and ruling them out before going more invasive.
Good luck.
2018-3-13
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2018-3-13 04:08
Many video downfeed issues come from phones/tablets with both litchi and Go on them. You must force close either app prior to using the next. I have found even between/flights on same day,  with different battery poor to no video feed unless I turned off the tx, ac and force closed the app. Either Go or Litchi. This is in Android devices of course. The apps dont always work smothly if both are in mmemory at same time. Force closing  app via the settings/app/Lithci or Go many times will fix this issue. Before tearing your controller apart, or changing fimrware, make sure your startup protocol/setup is not the problem by always:
1. Force close both apps, Go and Litchi.
2. Turn on Controller

THanks for the info. Ya i have been running the litchi for missions but i have kept the Dji app intalled but not open. Ill force either one to stop, making sure one is just opened.
thanks,
Fluhigh69
2018-3-13
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-13 01:37
Thanks for keeping us updated. Generally, it is not suggested to take apart the unit at your end. Anyway, nice to know you got better range now. If you need any further assistance, please start a case and send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support

Susan,
Thanks for the concern,  But Its very interesting to know how to fix things on your own, especially when it cost quite a bit to send anything in to get fixed. But I do see where your coming from. It is wiser to have someone who knows exactly how things are functioning and trouble shoot the problems in a professional level.
thanks,
Flyhigh69
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-3-13 19:32
Susan,
Thanks for the concern,  But Its very interesting to know how to fix things on your own, especially when it cost quite a bit to send anything in to get fixed. But I do see where your coming from. It is wiser to have someone who knows exactly how things are functioning and trouble shoot the problems in a professional level.
thanks,

You must have clever hands. The smart guys always have my admiration.
2018-3-15
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

In the mid 80´s we build an Avro Lanchester and the remote was build with transistors,resistors,capacitors and spools of fine wires with the 27 MHz band. Now the elements are highly integrated to an ISC in the actual remote controls with 2.4 or 5.8 GHz band. But the antennas only changed in length.
2018-3-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-16 08:45
In the mid 80´s we build an Avro Lanchester and the remote was build with transistors,resistors,capacitors and spools of fine wires with the 27 MHz band. Now the elements are highly integrated to an ISC in the actual remote controls with 2.4 or 5.8 GHz band. But the antennas only changed in length.

It would be pretty cool to know what each part in these awesome drones. I was thinking about practicing in atti mode for a bit to see if i can grasp it at all be fore i launch in this nitro heli i'v been wanting to get. but sorry such the delay in response. Been out on a trip. But now i can fly tomorrow nice day. The UAV Forecast helps a lot on wind at different altitudes . The other day i flew, and it was strange I thought I had past theses electrical wires but I guess it was a bit late in the evening and compass error came about and it tripped me to atti mode yes the wind started to take it east pretty quick ya, I was in a panic . so I took ad\ deep breath and just reacted ''its going to fly away if i don't stop it'" I reversed  it back towards me and started to climb a bit  I then toggled the  switch to regain gps , onnce i got it i hit RTH right away. I drifted about 60, 70 feet before i managed to recover gps. I believer every pilot should practice to fly with out the help of the sats...
2018-3-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-3-18 16:05
It would be pretty cool to know what each part in these awesome drones. I was thinking about practicing in atti mode for a bit to see if i can grasp it at all be fore i launch in this nitro heli i'v been wanting to get. but sorry such the delay in response. Been out on a trip. But now i can fly tomorrow nice day. The UAV Forecast helps a lot on wind at different altitudes . The other day i flew, and it was strange I thought I had past theses electrical wires but I guess it was a bit late in the evening and compass error came about and it tripped me to atti mode yes the wind started to take it east pretty quick ya, I was in a panic . so I took ad\ deep breath and just reacted ''its going to fly away if i don't stop it'" I reversed  it back towards me and started to climb a bit  I then toggled the  switch to regain gps , onnce i got it i hit RTH right away. I drifted about 60, 70 feet before i managed to recover gps. I believer every pilot should practice to fly with out the help of the sats...

The electrical wires will not cause a compass error, they will just drop you out of the sky if you hit them. When you get drift like thart, always descend first as the winds will be calmer at a lower altitude, then deal with getting it home.
2018-3-18
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-18 16:30
The electrical wires will not cause a compass error, they will just drop you out of the sky if you hit them. When you get drift like thart, always descend first as the winds will be calmer at a lower altitude, then deal with getting it home.

I figured the electrical interference caused the malfunction to the compass. But ya. that does sound more right to descend first. I guess I was thinking that i needed more time to recover pgps or fgps, so climbing to higher altitude would be smart but as you say about the winds are stronger up higher than I just sent it into stronger winds. next time I will not contemplate electrical wires especially when it is in the late evening and my depth perception is at a loss.
thanks for the advise
flyhigh69
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules