Class B Airspace
1064 6 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

What's the deal? I've flown in Class B a few times but do we really need to contact the Air Traffic Controller as the B4uFly app insists? UAV Forecast app didn't have the same restrictions but there is a zone called "Range Guide", anyone know what that means? Thanks for any help...
2018-2-21
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

I'm curious what other pilots do when they are in Class B airspace?
2018-2-22
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

No pilot can fly in a controller airspace ( B, C, D or surface area E ) without an airspace authorization from the FAA.
2018-2-22
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly what he said !!!
however, I don't think you can reach the height of B space... and if you do, you will be too close to the airport to take off.
So you are probably NOT flying in B air space.

But its is always a good idea to get a sectional chart a look at it.
2018-2-22
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-2-22 15:21
Exactly what he said !!!
however, I don't think you can reach the height of B space... and if you do, you will be too close to the airport to take off.

Well I probably am right on the furthest edge of the perimeter...there is also a mountain range between the airport and me at these areas I'm talking about. Kind of silly to bother calling the ATC to fly at the very edge, at just 100' or less, along a bluff at the beach. If there are any aircraft in that area, it is about to go down and crash into the water or on the bluff. I'll call anyway just to see what response I will get.
2018-2-23
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2018-2-22 15:21
Exactly what he said !!!

2018-2-23
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

best thing you can also do is take a look at a sectional chart. There may be a transition area and you should not be flying in there.
But yes give them a call. Usually 100' is quite low "tree height"
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules