533 6 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Had to shake the cobwebs off the P3 & P4 so here we are, same place etc.

First shot also features the Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos, a 25-36 cm species that doesn't attack drones. For those inclined try http://birdlife.org.au/bird-profile/Yellow-tailed-Black-Cockatoo.

Second clip is just a blustery,  dry day out the back but it does show the trees that you have to dodge.

2018-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A couple of nice videos. I love those birds.

Thanks for sharing your videos with the forum.

Suggest moving your gimbal up or down, a bit slower.  Makes for nicer transitions.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-21
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-21 20:26
A couple of nice videos. I love those birds.

Thanks for sharing your videos with the forum.

Hi RedHot, great to hear from you and once I prise my sweaty hands off the RC I'll certainly attempt to move the gimbal a bit steadier

By the way, just found an earlier PM from you secreted in the system. Can't blame DJI for that one.
2018-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2018-2-21 20:32
Hi RedHot, great to hear from you and once I prise my sweaty hands off the RC I'll certainly attempt to move the gimbal a bit steadier

By the way, just found an earlier PM from you secreted in the system. Can't blame DJI for that one.

Secreted? Should I put my night hawk ninja suit on?

Or may I stay in the mission impossible get up? Haha

Reply to the PM, so I know what the heck is going on, thanks.

Please Post more of your videos too. Looking forward to seeing a variety of your scenery and awesome location.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The yellow-tailed black cocky has an interesting way of warning others of danger. When they are eating nuts in our trees, one sits up higher in another tree and makes a low 'cawing' type noise, continuously. If it stops making the noise, the others immediately fly away. Soret of 'fail-safe' method.
2018-2-21
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-21 21:05
The yellow-tailed black cocky has an interesting way of warning others of danger. When they are eating nuts in our trees, one sits up higher in another tree and makes a low 'cawing' type noise, continuously. If it stops making the noise, the others immediately fly away. Soret of 'fail-safe' method.

and don't forget Geebax that old bushman's saying that rain follows three days after their sighting...old bushmen lied! Mind you the birds are stripping out the pines and now about 15 of them plus two wedgies. All happens here you know.
2018-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 2018-2-21 21:13
and don't forget Geebax that old bushman's saying that rain follows three days after their sighting...old bushmen lied! Mind you the birds are stripping out the pines and now about 15 of them plus two wedgies. All happens here you know.

Yeah, we have 3 native trees (don't know what names they are) that have sort of nuts on them, and the yellow-tails strip them of nuts every year. We also have two wedgies, but they never come close.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules