3710 27 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was looking at Cinemizer OLED by Carl Zeiss and finally ended up buying it. I have to say i researched and re-read several posts elsewhere on this thread glorifying it. Almost none were negative  
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10292
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13214
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5859

I am thoroughly disappointed in the view i am getting it has chromatic aberration pretty clearly and the view is so small it really is like watching 40 inch tv at 8 feet and NOT "immersive" at all.
i prefer my Ipad air 2 view to it. :

***It is heavy
***even with nose pieces it is illfitting and front heavy
***another distraction when flying atti mode
*** cables are way heavy should be wireless

i am returning it back just posting this to help someone else thinking of buying it

No wonder they are discontinueing it

i would buy a wireless FPV gadget by DJI integrated into the lightbridge if they ever make it

regards
Arun
2015-5-2
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should look into this.
http://www.getfpv.com/headplay-hd-fpv-headset-w-32ch-5-8ghz-receiver.html
2015-5-2
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-5-2 19:42
You should look into this.
http://www.getfpv.com/headplay-hd-fpv-headset-w-32ch-5-8ghz-receiver.html ...

No Thanks i laughed so hard when i saw that picture of that guy wearing a box on his head
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks for the honest feedback. I'm debating buying a pair myself but worried that the flash look and the price are more the selling point to most. In other words they look the part. The narrow field of view is what concerns me.
If it was down to image quality alone the FPV Headplays are the way to go but I would not be able to chuck them in a jacket pocket. However you could probably get three pairs for the price of the Ziess which are now discontinued.  Let us know what you end up using.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmW4Q8ezEmdvyu6Se7mG4yg
2015-5-2
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Save your money!!

Borrow one of your wife handbags and attach round your head with an iPad or similar device inside it .... Job done {:3_48:} (And you'll still look daft...lol)
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-2 20:16
Save your money!!

Borrow one of your wife handbags and attach round your head with an iPad or simil ...

So its image for you and not tool for the job. Fair enough. Each to there own but lets stay constructive and helpful.
I got an old set of Fatsharks and hate them FOV so that put me off getting another pair for example the HD's or V2's.
The other thing about the Headplays are the price. I'm thinking if I don't like them I could just use them for passing around.
2015-5-2
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-2 20:25
So its image for you and not tool for the job. Fair enough. Each to there own but lets stay constr ...

No No !! I have a pair of Skyzone FPV Goggles and find them top class, the Cinemizers are just to clumsy and quite a large piece of kit for all it achieves. IMHO
2015-5-2
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-2 20:11
No Thanks i laughed so hard when i saw that picture of that guy wearing a box on his head

Are you looking for a fashionable or you're looking for practical that works.
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-2 20:34
No No !! I have a pair of Skyzone FPV Goggles and find them top class, the Cinemizers are just to  ...

Tell me more. I've never seen a pair i will have a Google about know. Thanks Pal
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-2 20:46
Tell me more. I've never seen a pair i will have a Google about know. Thanks Pal

There ae already several cinimizer threads, what's one more?

This is the first guy who doesn't like them on this site.

So the score is 15 likes vs 1 dislike, (I guess ill sell mine - lol)

Bob
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-2 21:22
There ae already several cinimizer threads, what's one more?

This is the first guy who doesn't li ...

Thank you for the info :
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-2 21:41
Thank you for the info :

Here you go brother.

Bob

ps I will be using mine for the first time today, (I will find you tonight and let you know what I think) -
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I will appreciate your honest opinion Bob so look forward to an update. Looks like I was the last to post http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... d=10292&lang=en

The Zeiss glasses do look the biz but I would have to spend a ridiculous amount to get them over here and would be a big gamble. It was interesting to have arunmehta point of view. By the way I know what you mean about multi threads. This whole forum set up is frustrating. So I feel your pain Bro
2015-5-2
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-2 22:13
I will appreciate your honest opinion Bob so look forward to an update. Looks like I was the last to ...

Mine are going back because the view on Ipad2 air is way better when held at a reasonable distance from your head...also one less thing to carry around..

The FOV is so narrow i was SHOCKED!!! i should have tried them before buying hard to do in my part of town no one stocks them in canada!!

i am NOT surprised they are being discontinued.. The word REDUNDANT comes to mind!
2015-5-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the FatShark Dominator HD googles and very happy with them. Most googles today are heavy for there size.

I received these googles as a Christmas present last December and they were on backorder for three months before getting my hands on them. Everybody is different and you need to try something that works for you.
2015-5-2
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-2 20:16
Save your money!!

Borrow one of your wife handbags and attach round your head with an iPad or simil ...

Just brilliant...I nearly went arse up off my seat reading that ..True though a handbag would be better.
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-5-3 01:10
Just brilliant...I nearly went arse up off my seat reading that ..True though a handbag would  ...

wow very awesome
2015-5-2
Use props
Aerographis
lvl.2

United States

I'll be waiting for this to be developed:

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us/hardware
2015-5-4
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Aerographis Posted at 2015-5-5 08:40
I'll be waiting for this to be developed:

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us/hardwa ...

Thanks yes i know about Hololense my nephew is a microsoft programmer working on this project
2015-5-4
Use props
Aerographis
lvl.2

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-5 09:29
Thanks yes i know about Hololense my nephew is a microsoft programmer working on this project

See if you can talk him into helping MS develop an app for the I1.
2015-5-5
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46893 ft
United Kingdom

i have 2 pairs of these one started acting up like you describe replaced the battery to goggles cable now all is fine
after setting diopter and contrast brightness these are to die for nothing in the world at the moment is better for a inspire 1 and a second pair for cameraman

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i have 2 pairs of these one started acting up like you describe replaced the battery to goggles cable now all is fine
after setting diopter and contrast brightness these are to die for nothing in the world at the moment is better for a inspire 1 and a second pair for cameraman

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
highman.btinter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

just my opinion though
2016-7-29
Use props
mydogisdead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8250568 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a similar idea of using a clear view screen to get a computer screen on a baseball cap, I might dig out this old project as a heads up display for a drone instead...

2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules