Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compas Calibration
677 6 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rustydiver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1899895 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whats the right way of doing it.
1. Move the drone on the piviot so you move around the drone as you spin it around
or
2. You are the pin in the middle and the drone spins around you.

Ive always done my Mavic with option 1, but watched a DJI tutorial and he does it stood in the middle moving around him.
2018-2-22
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stand in one spot and rotate the drone in front of you.
2018-2-22
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tend to hold the drone in one spot and walk around it.
2018-2-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hold the drone over one clear spot and carefully walk around it.  This works for me but I am pretty sure that either method will work equally well.

Rich
2018-2-22
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys. Ive always done the mavic on the spot. done the inspire with me in the middle and in airdata I get

Found rate of change in the compass of 25 degrees or more per 0.1 seconds.
That's about a 90 degree turn in a third of a second, which is not normal.
This can be a result of extremly strong winds, a crash into an object or a bad compass.

Will try recalibration different next time.
2018-2-22
Use props
Henry M.Y.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Compass calibration should only be done when needed. That is to say, after you've done it perfectly for the first time at your region you should rarely need to calibrate it again. The earth's magnetic field flux should be uniform locally in terms of flux direction and dip and if you are prompted to do a compass calibration you should first ask yourself whether or not there exists ferrous material nearly that fooled the compass. Try moving around to see if compass readings are good again. Steel reinforcement in concrete pavement, underground steel pipes, power lines and etc cannot be easily seen but they do affect the compass.

Not back to your question, since earth's magnetic field flux should be uniform locally in terms of flux and dip, as Richard said either method will work equally well.

Henry
2018-2-22
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was in my normal flying field, phantom 3 and mavic all fine. I wonder if the compass is more sensitive on the I2? there is a mobile phone mast in one corner of the field, but it still shows at the far end.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules