Where to buy Mavic air strobe lights ( EUROPE)
12Next >
5566 47 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265079 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I just saw the video of Jake sloan  
So i went online to see if i could get some.. Since it would help inmensly as in The netherlands you are only allowed to fly in plain sight.
And this will improve mys ight inmensly .

Now sadly the product in his video is not for sale in Europe.

Are there any decent alternatives or does anyone know how to get these in europe.
I tried a google search but there is actualy very little info about it.

Mabe DJI could come with an official version.

Please help

2018-2-22
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Hi!
I was not able to find Firehouse Strobes in EU, but Flytron would maybe send you a package.

http://www.flytron.com/led-light ... ree-standalone.html

Or contact Firehouse on mail, they will prob send from US.
2018-2-22
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

Haggi Posted at 2018-2-22 07:06
Hi!
I was not able to find Firehouse Strobes in EU, but Flytron would maybe send you a package.

Thanks allot m8 ill check it out.. The europian union just came with new drone rules today.  The range is now unlimited aslong as you can see your drone.   So my prediction these will take a big flight in europe.

I have mailed Firehouse, fingers crossed they have one with 4 leds availible wich will deffenitly will encrease my range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
update
After an super fast mail responds they let me know they are on ebay aswell
So

Your order was placed.

Estimated delivery: Mar 3 – 8

Only downside was i payed 63 dollar due to shiping and import tax.
But then again it will be worth it.

-------------------------

2018-2-22
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

can You drop ebay link to them?
2018-3-4
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Garia666 Posted at 2018-2-22 10:51
Thanks allot m8 ill check it out.. The europian union just came with new drone rules today.  The range is now unlimited aslong as you can see your drone.   So my prediction these will take a big flight in europe.

I have mailed Firehouse, fingers crossed they have one with 4 leds availible wich will deffenitly will encrease my range.

Can you provide a reference/link to the new EU regs.
2018-3-4
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

KREMi Posted at 2018-3-4 13:26
can You drop ebay link to them?

Ebaylink
2018-3-5
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

RocketChap Posted at 2018-3-4 16:31
Can you provide a reference/link to the new EU regs.

Here are the new EU guide lines.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... %20No%2001-2018.pdf

Keep in mind that that every country in the EU can deviate from this.
So check your local rules aswell
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Garia666 Posted at 2018-3-5 01:59
Here are the new EU guide lines.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Opinion%20No%2001-2018.pdf

Hi Garia666,

Be mindfull, the stated Opinion has yet to be ratified by the EC, so these regulations are not yet effective. If all goes to plan it will be ratified at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019.

When effectuated no EU country can deviate from this harmonisation framework, these regulations will be for the complete EU. I made a topic to discuss.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-137222-1-1.html
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hope they get a little cheaper in the near future
2018-3-5
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-5 02:10
Hope they get a little cheaper in the near future

I got the 4 led version there are versions with 3 or less led lights.   Which are cheaper.
If anyone has an cheaper and faster solution which does the same.

Please post it here so people all of Europe can buy the product if needed
2018-3-5
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Garia666 Posted at 2018-3-5 02:22
I got the 4 led version there are versions with 3 or less led lights.   Which are cheaper.

That explains the higher price. I'd like to hear your experience with this strobe.

Where are you going to fit it on your Mavic?
2018-3-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fantastic, going to order one for each small AC. Not that I will ever be flying at any distance, just making it easier to see in flight (orientation on smaller AC) and still staying within permitted flight distance parameters.  
2018-3-5
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

thanks for link, I need like 2pcs different color for each drone. This way it easy to orient front/back of drone if manual comeback is needet and we are on edge of LOS
2018-3-5
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Netherlands

Garia666 Posted at 2018-3-5 02:22

This light is very bright, isn’t  it disturbing the videofootage?
2018-3-5
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

@losbol and @DirkGerrit

My strobe arrived yesterday.  
The feeling is sturdy and high quality.  Its plastic coated probably  against moiste.
The amount of light it produces is actually dangerous . when i finally figured out how to turn it on it almoste gave me welding eyes. ( the instructions says press and hold for 3 seconds
Im guessing the US have different seconds   mine is more like 4 to 5 seconds.  And 1 light will blink when its charing and 1 led will shine bright when its full. )

As this version is slightly bigger then the 3 led version it could be a bit more difficult to attach it to my mavic air.
Ill try to find a sweet spot.

and keep you updated  

back

back

front

front
2018-3-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Garia666 Posted at 2018-3-7 00:07
@losbol and @DirkGerrit

I ordered the single light version
2018-3-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Garia666 Posted at 2018-2-22 10:51

I have mailed Firehouse, fingers crossed they have one with 4 leds availible wich will deffenitly will encrease my range.

That is not final and it's not approved. The only laws you need to abide are the ones defined on each country (which in the end mean VLOS everywhere in Europe...) also check your local regulations, because many of thems limit VLOS or 500m (whatever comes first)
2018-3-7
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

CuaC Posted at 2018-3-7 00:47
That is not final and it's not approved. The only laws you need to abide are the ones defined on each country (which in the end mean VLOS everywhere in Europe...) also check your local regulations, because many of thems limit VLOS or 500m (whatever comes first)

Yeah thats what losbol already said.  these rules should make it at the end of the year
2018-3-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Garia666 Posted at 2018-3-7 00:07
@losbol and @DirkGerrit

Sweet, I'm looking forward to your experiences
2018-3-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

@ dutch guys ...Have you intrest in color your Mavic, I have found an adress in the netherlands and have them make a thin folie whit cut off lines.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139177-1-1.html
2018-3-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-7 02:49
@ dutch guys ...Have you intrest in color your Mavic, I have found an adress in the netherlands and have them make a thin folie whit cut off lines.

Nice, something to consider.

I was thinking of having it paintbrushed, this guy does on awesome job while not costing an arm and a leg.
https://nl-nl.facebook.com/nielspaint/

Don't think it will do much for visibility in the air though, those strobes look like they would do great.
2018-3-7
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Thanks for the test.
2018-3-7
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

I have ordered the red one, only for the batteries to scared the birds of prey
2018-3-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-7 06:40
I have ordered the red one, only for the batteries to scared the birds of prey

Now that sounds like a very good reason to colour your drone.

Thinking black and yellow stripes now.
2018-3-7
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

Well i did a test around 16:00 today.   i made a small vid with my gf`s iPhone but the quality was so bad that i wont upload it.
So i got my self some black velcro  i put one half on the bottom directly at the button of the back of the air.
the other half on the battery of the led.

The 4 led version fits but just barely. i managed to get it on the back with out blocking any sensors.

Only thing that had me worried at the start is that the air didnt rest on the ground anymore.
But in the end that wasnt a problem at all.

The test i did is:  Watch it then after 100 meters i move my head in an completely different location and then try to locate it again.
Repeat the same steps @ 200 meters ect ect.
At the 1st two  tests i got around 355 meters.  As staring at the sky is actually pretty hard to do.

In the end after my 4th test i managed to keep seeing it around 457 meters.

Its actually so much easier to follow your drone.  im very happy with the results.  However i hoped to get like 2 Kilometers of range .
Another plus for the rest is that my eye sight isn`t all that great anymore.. so ill bet you guys manage to squeeze out some extra meters.

I studied my vid to see if there is any light difference because of the strobe.  But there was none

even tough its ugly its very usefull and i can reccomend any drone owner to have one.
I wouldnt exactly buy the 4 led version for an air.

Another option is to stick it to an arm which fits good aswell.

2018-3-7
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

I have just bought two. Should I but both on the front, back or front, and back. The reason I ask front or back only is so I know which way it's facing. But then again I can always look at the paper dart in the monitor.
2018-3-7
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-3-7 01:24
Sweet, I'm looking forward to your experiences

Me too, very interested to see some footage
2018-3-7
Use props
DirkGerrit
Second Officer
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-7 02:49

I like the white colour...
2018-3-7
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4
United States

Garia666 Posted at 2018-3-7 11:19
Well i did a test around 16:00 today.   i made a small vid with my gf`s iPhone but the quality was so bad that i wont upload it.
So i got my self some black velcro  i put one half on the bottom directly at the button of the back of the air.
the other half on the battery of the led.

Thanks for uploading your pictures.  I too have a Mavic Air and want to install strobe. The one you’ve got is the same one I’m considering buying from Amazon.com.  The only remaining issue is where/how to mount it.  Using the dual lock tape appears to be a better choice than just gluing it.  

My first choice would be the underside, specifically the battery. Ground clearance would be an issue but I always fly with PGYTECH landing gear extenders. The downside is that you would need a strip of dual lock on each of my 3 batteries. Also, I was planning to put a bright red skin on the batteries (to increase visibility), but it’s probably not a good idea to attach to the skin.

Another idea I got is to attach to the rear landing gear bracket that attaches to the prop arm, but there may not be enough surface area for a strong attachment.

Please keep us posted, and let me know what you think of my mounting ideas.

5F3402AE-614D-4B38-9D2A-75AE825D7141.jpeg
2018-3-16
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

MAPilot Posted at 2018-3-16 14:19
Thanks for uploading your pictures.  I too have a Mavic Air and want to install strobe. The one you’ve got is the same one I’m considering buying from Amazon.com.  The only remaining issue is where/how to mount it.  Using the dual lock tape appears to be a better choice than just gluing it.  

My first choice would be the underside, specifically the battery. Ground clearance would be an issue but I always fly with PGYTECH landing gear extenders. The downside is that you would need a strip of dual lock on each of my 3 batteries. Also, I was planning to put a bright red skin on the batteries (to increase visibility), but it’s probably not a good idea to attach to the skin.

yeah I faced the same challenges,  on an arm will work just fine.  It will have enough surface.  I just don't know if it impacts flying.  anyway show us your final solution
2018-3-16
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

The mine is just arrive, what a power light on so small led, amazing

2018-3-19
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

MAPilot Posted at 2018-3-16 14:19
Thanks for uploading your pictures.  I too have a Mavic Air and want to install strobe. The one you’ve got is the same one I’m considering buying from Amazon.com.  The only remaining issue is where/how to mount it.  Using the dual lock tape appears to be a better choice than just gluing it.  

My first choice would be the underside, specifically the battery. Ground clearance would be an issue but I always fly with PGYTECH landing gear extenders. The downside is that you would need a strip of dual lock on each of my 3 batteries. Also, I was planning to put a bright red skin on the batteries (to increase visibility), but it’s probably not a good idea to attach to the skin.

That is where I intend to put mine when the extension legs arrive. My strobes came with velcro but the sticky glue is nowhere sticky enough as they seem to have dried out.
2018-3-19
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

How long does a charge last with the 4 LED one?
2018-3-19
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Netherlands

Tooter Turtle Posted at 2018-3-19 12:36
How long does a charge last with the 4 LED one?

well atleast 3 hours.  i have mine charged once. and used it on 3 times 3 full batteries. I have it on blinking. not continues light.

edited because of extened research
2018-3-19
Use props
ewanm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18786 ft
United Kingdom

I bought one from
http://www.flytron.com/led-light ... ree-standalone.html
Have it on the back of my MP and it must say even in bright day light it is visible a from very far. I just attached it with some velcro.
2018-3-19
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

I attach it with 3m dual Reclosable Fastener, same site

http://www.flytron.com/led-light ... bon-standalone.html
2018-3-20
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Just flew today, even with bright sunny light I saw  my mavic very far, so my vlos is increased about double in range.
For that price it's highly recommended.
2018-3-20
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-20 04:47
I attach it with 3m dual Reclosable Fastener, same site

http://www.flytron.com/led-light-systems/326-3m-dual-lock-low-profile-reclosable-fastener-for-strobon-standalone.html

Thank you for this link, I've ordered one to try out myself.
2018-3-20
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Just received my Firehouse Strobe today what a great little strobe.
I mounted it on the belly of the battery .
I ended up getting the "ARC" II High Intensity Cree LED Strobe Light for $36.99
Flew it today after charging this strobe can be seen even in the daylight very well.
Will fly it tonight to check it out.
2018-3-20
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

sky6105 Posted at 2018-3-20 08:44
Just received my Firehouse Strobe today what a great little strobe.
I mounted it on the belly of the battery .
I ended up getting the "ARC" II High Intensity Cree LED Strobe Light for $36.99

what range it's is visible in daylight? like little sun/clouds mix weather
2018-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules