Can you charge your IPhone?
789 4 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c.grex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4751 ft
United Kingdom

I’m sure I’ve seen something that said the USB is for charging your phone while in use. I’ve got a iPhone 7+ and obviously th charging port is against the weighted end of the osmo, so I’m guessing you can’t charge it while in use?
2018-2-22
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

You can only charge it while it is in use when its in portrait mode.
2018-2-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I charge my iphone 8 plus while in use with a cheap 90-degree braided lighting cable.  It will make the phone tilt a little more towards the left but to solve that, I velcro a thick washer to the right of the gimbal's motor as a counter weight to balance the phone before turning the om2 on.  It works.  Please note I only use this method in a desperate measure when my phone is dying.  It's not an ideal way to charge it that way but it works when you need some extra juice.
2018-2-22
Use props
c.grex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4751 ft
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 2018-2-22 06:31
I charge my iphone 8 plus while in use with a cheap 90-degree braided lighting cable.  It will make the phone tilt a little more towards the left but to solve that, I velcro a thick washer to the right of the gimbal's motor as a counter weight to balance the phone before turning the om2 on.  It works.  Please note I only use this method in a desperate measure when my phone is dying.  It's not an ideal way to charge it that way but it works when you need some extra juice.

Good to know.
2018-2-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

The OM2 will still balance the phone and the cable when it's powered on without adding counter weights, but I would assume it will create more stress to the gimbal.  Adding some counter weight will help.  A lot of people use counter weights to use the osmo mobile with the Moment lenses.  I figured why not for a charging cable.  Heavy/thick lighting cables will throw off the balance even when the gimbal it's on.  A braided cable worked for me.  
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules