Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro dropped from the sky into a lake
1211 9 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mesut Kaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Mexico

Hi guys/gals,

last weekend I visited Aculco de Espinosa, Mexiko. There is a beautiful little waterfall near the town (Cascada de La Concepcion), which seemed perfect for some drone shots. I am a super careful pilot, who does all the software and hardware checks before taking off, flies only with full batteries and doesn't try risky moves. The weather was great and the place was not crowded. Unfortunatley my flight only lasted 2 minutes and 19 seconds. For whatever reason my drone just dropped from the sky.

It fell into the middle of the waterfall's lake. I jumped in, tried to dive for it or grab it with my feet, but the lake is way too deep, dark and cold.
Had to leave Aculco without my drone

Back home, I checked  the app for photos/videos: nothing  (full video cache)
I checked the flight log: no errors. The recording suddenly just ends. (http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4EIQ18QBZQCFZXB2LNZU/)

Bought the drone last summer, so I contacted the technical support. Very nice and fast exchange, but the evidence I could provide was not enough to get a full refund. Got offered a 30% discount on my next purchase.

I'm clueless. What happened? Was it my fault? Should I buy a new Mavic Pro, or jump ship and buy a Mavic Air?

greetings from Mexico

the waterfall

the waterfall

the last moment

the last moment
2018-2-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful shot. Sorry for your loss.
2018-2-22
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

What a great location! I can see why you took the risk.
2018-2-22
Use props
fansf77370fb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

Very nice picture. Sorry it cost you your drone. I personally would not fly that close to water. If usually never wind up good.
2018-2-22
Use props
fansccc1a9e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11270 ft
South Africa

Sorry to hear - its a terrible feeling. I would recommend that you get the Mavic Pro again
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is a sad story to read on, I am terribly sorry for your loss. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the details of the case? Sorry again for the mishap you had experienced.
2018-2-22
Use props
Mesut Kaya
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-22 23:04
This is a sad story to read on, I am terribly sorry for your loss. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the details of the case? Sorry again for the mishap you had experienced.

Thank you (mighty) Thor for looking into my case!
My case number is: 995847
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mesut Kaya Posted at 2018-2-23 05:15
Thank you (mighty) Thor for looking into my case!
My case number is: 995847

Thank you for your update, after checking the case, according to the data you provided, the record ended up without any abnormal of the drone, as you had posted the last moment above, we're not able to verify what happened afterwards. Considering this special situation, we provided you with the best offer based on after-sales policy. But if there was a video cache of that accident reserved, please kindly provide it to us. We would like to forward to our engineers to check again. If there is no other helpful data that we can refer to, we might not be able to provide the further help. Thank you.
2018-2-23
Use props
Mesut Kaya
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-23 20:34
Thank you for your update, after checking the case, according to the data you provided, the record ended up without any abnormal of the drone, as you had posted the last moment above, we're not able to verify what happened afterwards. Considering this special situation, we provided you with the best offer based on after-sales policy. But if there was a video cache of that accident reserved, please kindly provide it to us. We would like to forward to our engineers to check again. If there is no other helpful data that we can refer to, we might not be able to provide the further help. Thank you.

Thank you again for looking into my case! Unfortunately I can't provide more evidence, since there is no way (at least for me) to get the drone back. I don't know if it helps, but here is a link to my RC's data, that I've exported with the DJI Assistant 2

RC Data

And (just for fun) a photo of me, looking for my drone
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mesut Kaya Posted at 2018-2-25 10:53
Thank you again for looking into my case! Unfortunately I can't provide more evidence, since there is no way (at least for me) to get the drone back. I don't know if it helps, but here is a link to my RC's data, that I've exported with the DJI Assistant 2

RC Data

Mesut Kaya, thanks for the RC data, it has been forwarded to data analysis team to check if it helps, we will let you know after analysis, thanks for your patience.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules