Cache
1252 13 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

I am an experienced Spark user, but I have never been 100% clear on what the DJI GO 4 app means when allowing the Spark to make caches.
Is there a YouTube video on this anywhere? I would like to learn more about it.
Thank you!
2018-2-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have the same question...and I get a message saying my cache is full...does that affect anything with taking vids and pics???
2018-2-22
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

the videos and pictures taken are on the SD card. but some of them will remain in the phone's cache as well at a lower resolution.
2018-2-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

But if the cache is full...should I empty it or does it empty automatically or overwrite with the newest data???
2018-2-22
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
United States

you need to empty it manually. from the DJI app
2018-2-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I am on the page in Settings with all the caches.  Can I clear the Firmware Installation Package???
2018-2-22
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
United States

I really would like to watch a video on what it is, how it works, and what recommended settings are for it by DJI
2018-2-22
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-22 07:51
I am on the page in Settings with all the caches.  Can I clear the Firmware Installation Package???

yes. the firmware was already updated, that is the package downloaded.
clear up some space
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the video cache is the transmission video cache on the Editor, DJI GO 4 app, it is not the original video, the original video will be saved on the SD card on the drone. When there is not much space for the mobile device to save the cached video, you can clear some caches that are not needed. You can disable/enable this option if needed. Basically, I would like to enable it. BTW, the picture will be automatically cached in the editor, if there is a need to access the original picture, you can connect the drone, RC and app to download it. Hope it provides you with some info.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-22 07:51
I am on the page in Settings with all the caches.  Can I clear the Firmware Installation Package???

Yes, like the reply on 8#, you can clear the firmware package when the firmware has already updated. No worries.
2018-2-26
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-26 00:08
Hi there, the video cache is the transmission video cache on the Editor, DJI GO 4 app, it is not the original video, the original video will be saved on the SD card on the drone. When there is not much space for the mobile device to save the cached video, you can clear some caches that are not needed. You can disable/enable this option if needed. Basically, I would like to enable it. BTW, the picture will be automatically cached in the editor, if there is a need to access the original picture, you can connect the drone, RC and app to download it. Hope it provides you with some info.

Thank you so much! This now makes a lot more sense.
2018-2-26
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drew, check out this video I made on the topic.  

2018-2-26
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-26 20:28
Drew, check out this video I made on the topic.  

https://youtu.be/WFCa4_Pez4o

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.
2018-2-27
Use props
azswift
First Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

As you fly and see lower-quality video on the app screen your mobile device running DJI Go 4 is keeping a copy of that video.  That video is stored in the cache.  Not as good quality as what is stored on the drones SD card, but a great option to review when you need to find a lost drone or to view before you get the chance to download from the SD card.

Kloo-Gee did a Youtube video on this recently.

2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules