Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blurry footage (left edge), need help
1773 19 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9157 ft
Germany

Hi,

I've been having problems with my Mavic pro ever since I bought it 80 percent of the footage has a blurry bar on the left side.
Today I went to the store where I bought the drone and showed them pictures and videos from several tap focus positions.
Left, right, mid etc..
When I tap focused on the left where the main blurr is it was focussed on the left but 3/4 of the image was then unfocussed on the right side.
The guy then tested the drone himself and decided to send it in to dji germany but he couldn't tell me if i'm getting an exchange or a repair.
How are my changes of getting an exchange or repair?
At the moment the footage looks horrible and most of it is unusable. Sometimes the videos are ok but it's like playing lotto.
Would be much appreciated if someone from the support here could help me out.

Greetings Tom

2018-2-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Contact DJI support
2018-2-22
Use props
BenCon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11270 ft
South Africa

I had a similar issue with my old Mavic. Try resetting and recalibrating all the IMU settings and recalibrate the gimbal. If the error persists contact DJI support.
2018-2-22
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-2-22 12:54
Contact DJI support

Ok, do you think it is nescesarry to additionally contact the support?
2018-2-22
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

BenCon Posted at 2018-2-22 13:07
I had a similar issue with my old Mavic. Try resetting and recalibrating all the IMU settings and recalibrate the gimbal. If the error persists contact DJI support.

I have already tried that a few times, I've also tried many other things-
From the day i bought the mavic the only thing I did was upgrading,downgrading and refreshing firmware, resetting camera settings, calibrating IMU trying different Go Apss etc etc.. nothing worked they only thing I didn't have was fun. which is why I send it in.
2018-2-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Generally what happens is you get a replacement unit. To get an answer from a support staffer you should directly contact support -- the DJI Admin here have some amount of product knowledge and sometimes help escalate issues or get answers from DJI engineers, but are primarily here to support the forums.
2018-2-22
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-22 15:06
Generally what happens is you get a replacement unit. To get an answer from a support staffer you should directly contact support -- the DJI Admin here have some amount of product knowledge and sometimes help escalate issues or get answers from DJI engineers, but are primarily here to support the forums.

Ok thank you I was just wondering cause I've heard stories of people with the same problem who send the drone in and they didn't get a replacement or repair that had me a bit worried.
I returned the drone to the shop where I bought it and so they send it in to DJI can I still track the replacement progress here somehow?
2018-2-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Com4nd3r Posted at 2018-2-22 15:12
Ok thank you I was just wondering cause I've heard stories of people with the same problem who send the drone in and they didn't get a replacement or repair that had me a bit worried.
I returned the drone to the shop where I bought it and so they send it in to DJI can I still track the replacement progress here somehow?

I guess I should have written that DJI hardware repairs are generally actually replacements -- whether they replace yours or not depends upon whether they determine a problem is real, then if it's hardware or software related. Heck, maybe just if it's determined to be a valid problem they send you a replacement and toss software-only problem birds into a "to be refurbished" pile.

Seems like a fair amount of people with decentered lenses still in-warranty have had their AC replaced.

Since you handed it over to the shop for service, I'd guess you can't personally track its progress.
2018-2-22
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-22 15:21
I guess I should have written that DJI hardware repairs are generally actually replacements -- whether they replace yours or not depends upon whether they determine a problem is real, then if it's hardware or software related. Heck, maybe just if it's determined to be a valid problem they send you a replacement and toss software-only problem birds into a "to be refurbished" pile.

Seems like a fair amount of people with decentered lenses still in-warranty have had their AC replaced.

Ok I'll have to be patient then.
Here's a test video I made today. You can clearly see how the blurry left edge wanders into the mid and then gets sharp.
2018-2-22
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tom, the video you uploaded to YouTube seems to be compressed, could you please upload an original video to Dropbox and paste the link here? I would like to check. Or if it does need to send in, please contact our support to start the case, our engineers will diagnose and decide to repair or replace the drone when we receive it. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-22
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-22 22:43
Tom, the video you uploaded to YouTube seems to be compressed, could you please upload an original video to Dropbox and paste the link here? I would like to check. Or if it does need to send in, please contact our support to start the case, our engineers will diagnose and decide to repair or replace the drone when we receive it. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support

Even though its compressed, you can see it in the second video. Better when the houses are either side of the frame. The left is blurry while the right house is pin sharp.
2018-2-23
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-22 22:43

hi,
here are the links you requested

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93pc5b76mpk20pf/test2.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71oqwaxjgrcmwk5/test.mp4?dl=0
2018-2-23
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry i overreadet that you need a uncompressed file. Here is the original from my sd card:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i00alvmdygl2mbp/DJI_0005.MP4?dl=0

Thx at all for your time helping me.
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_BuniyjOj4qi7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4688 ft
United Kingdom

Com4nd3r Posted at 2018-2-23 06:31
Sorry i overreadet that you need a uncompressed file. Here is the original from my sd card:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i00alvmdygl2mbp/DJI_0005.MP4?dl=0

Hi, I have had similar issues.

Just wondering what was the outcome, did DJI tech sort out the issue?
Unfortunately a lot of people highlight problems & issues but we never seem to hear if it was resolved, or if the same resolution would help others in same situation.

So just wondering if you got it sorted?

Cheers

2018-2-27
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

My Mavic is still at DJI, the shop told me it might take upto 3 weeks before I get a repair or a replacement
2018-2-27
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

I got my mavic back today. The camera and the gimbal was replaced. The first test seems to be fine. All good for now.
2018-3-16
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

Com4nd3r Posted at 2018-3-16 08:14
I got my mavic back today. The camera and the gimbal was replaced. The first test seems to be fine. All good for now.

I had my mavic 20 days bevore i was sending it in and this is how i got my gimbalprotection back.
The silicon protector was on it and i gaved it with.

2018-3-16
Use props
Darius_tyla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256391 ft
Lithuania

Com4nd3r Posted at 2018-3-16 08:56
I had my mavic 20 days bevore i was sending it in and this is how i got my gimbalprotection back.
The silicon protector was on it and i gaved it with.

Hi Tom! Found this thread by searching more info on my case. Have same problem: blurry right side of the image, bottom right part more blurry than upper right. Had my mavic pro sent to warranty repair service in Netherlands with notice about fault, got it back with the same problem. Repair team didnt found any issue, according to them the camera works fine as it suppose to. Very complicated situation...

Which repair service replaced your camera and gimbal? Is that in Germany?
2018-4-25
Use props
Com4nd3r
lvl.1
Germany

Yes Germany but they did a bad repair job. Keep care that  you add all the protective film what was new out of the box on the controller. Or tape things they can scratch.
I dont have mine anymore get refund and my money back im flying now a parrot bebop 1, 180 € Quad.
Fakt is you need a new cam. You cant fix it by reseting or calibrate anything its a hardware issue of the lens.
Good Luck
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules